Key Dates - 2015 Recruiting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Key Dates - 2015 Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How many signings for 2015 do we have available?

I'd love a STONE, BRISCOE and JONES triple dip, but I'm feeling like worst case we end up with

BRISCOE, CLARKE and a different big man like BAPTISTE

You're way off. The three guys you named in your worst case scenario are definitely not coming to Uconn. Baptiste has already announced for Vandy.

Reaction Score
meant worse case of those options, I understand we might not get anyone but I find that highly doubtful.

Didn't know about Baptiste, thanks for the update

Reaction Score
meant worse case of those options, I understand we might not get anyone but I find that highly doubtful.

Didn't know about Baptiste, thanks for the update

Briscoe is an extremely long shot to commit to us, Clarke seems like he's a lock for Va. Tech, and Baptiste already committed to Vandy.

We're in the hunt for Tevin Mack as our wing, but if he doesn't commit this week (he visited this past weekend), our chances for him go down significantly. Derrick Jones is an option but there are rumors of academic issues and he most likely won't decide until the spring. We're rumored to be co-leaders for Stone along with Wisconsin, and he initially said he would decide on signing day (November 11th I believe), but that's a little bit up in the air.

Best case now is Stone and Mack or Jones. Worst case is we don't get any of them and look for backup plans in the spring.

Reaction Score
Thus far based on all the top 60 kids - quite a few were somewhat close to Ct, is our class thus far disappointing?

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Thus far based on all the top 60 kids - quite a few were somewhat close to Ct, is our class thus far disappointing?

No, this class is not disappointing. Who are these players you are referring to?

Reaction Score
Most of the local talent I believe are soph's and Juniors . We'll get our share.

Reaction Score
We can only take 4 players this year. So far we have 2 top 60 Kids. We are involved with 6 more that I know of. We are either the favorites, or co-favorites for most of the 6 that we are involved with. We'll see what happens over the next month, or two.

Reaction Score
No, this class is not disappointing. Who are these players you are referring to?

I don't follow recruting much - that's why I asked - but here is a list of kids in the area. Of course Adams is great get and from what I've read Enoch is real good too- but here are all the players ESPN has in the top 60 that are in the NY/NJ/CT/Mass area - I know we're in the running for Briscoe.

7-- Diallo
13- Briscoe
16- Bryant
19- Richardson
22- Jones
25- ADAMS WE GOT
38- Mitchell
48- Diagne
49- Lydon
55- Spencer
59- Govan

Anyhow that was the point I was making 9 kids in the top 60 from areas above we got 1 though in the running for Briscoe. And of course outside the area-- Stone. Just wondering if it is considered a "good" class that most of you were expecting? Or do we need another top 20 kid or two etc?

Yonick said we're in the running for 6 kids whether in ourarea or not in the top 60 so good to hear we're in the running. At this point Ill go with Yonick- we're doing well enough yet we're expecting probably 2 more kids in the top 60 for a real good class. Great if we get Stone AND Briscoe etc.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I don't follow recruting much - that's why I asked - but here is a list of kids in the area. Of course Adams is great get and from what I've read Enoch is real good too- but here are all the players ESPN has in the top 60 that are in the NY/NJ/CT/Mass area - I know we're in the running for Briscoe.

7-- Diallo
13- Briscoe
16- Bryant
19- Richardson
22- Jones
25- ADAMS WE GOT
38- Mitchell
48- Diagne
49- Lydon
55- Spencer
59- Govan

Anyhow that was the point I was making 9 kids in the top 60 from areas above we got 1 though in the running for Briscoe. And of course outside the area-- Stone. Just wondering if it is considered a "good" class that most of you were expecting? Or do we need another top 20 kid or two etc?

Yonick said we're in the running for 6 kids whether in ourarea or not in the top 60 so good to hear we're in the running. At this point Ill go with Yonick- we're doing well enough yet we're expecting probably 2 more kids in the top 60 for a real good class. Great if we get Stone AND Briscoe etc.

Okay then. Ollie passed on Diallo, Bryant, Mitchell, Diagne, Lydon, and Spencer. He lost Richardson to Cuse and Govan to G'Town. He is still recruiting Briscoe and Jones. There's no need to limit ourselves to one area. There's tons of talent up here. Can't get 'em all.

Reaction Score

7-- Diallo
13- Briscoe
16- Bryant
19- Richardson
22- Jones
25- ADAMS WE GOT
38- Mitchell
48- Diagne
49- Lydon
55- Spencer
59- Govan

First name "Diallo," LOL'd hard. Yeah, you would do well to keep up more with recruiting, we have two great New Englanders coming next year. Of that list a) many have already committed elsewhere and b) the staff are only still on Jones and Briscoe, and even with those two it's not all-out i.e. we are looking good with some other prospects in their respective positions

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

7-- Diallo
13- Briscoe
16- Bryant
19- Richardson
22- Jones
25- ADAMS WE GOT
38- Mitchell
48- Diagne
49- Lydon
55- Spencer
59- Govan

And factor in that UConn, because of the APR situation and the change of coaches, did not get in early with many of these recruits. This is not the situation going forward.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And factor in that UConn, because of the APR situation and the change of coaches, did not get in early with many of these recruits. This is not the situation going forward.

The situation going forward is worse conference-wise. If we can't get guys this year coming off an NC, is it really going to get better?

Reaction Score
The situation going forward is worse conference-wise. If we can't get guys this year coming off an NC, is it really going to get better?
How are they not getting guys? The expectation was this was going to be a 4 man class, they're 2 down(both of their top targets at PG and PF) with decisions upcoming for the other kids they're targeting. Can you at least wait for them to not land anyone before you pen your annual "things aren't the same" post.

Reaction Score
C'mon man. We are boosting our OOC schedule so conference is not really going to be a factor. You tell the kid we are playing the Duke's and Florida's every year. And we have 2 top 60 kids already for 2015. It's the '16 and 17' kids that are looking at our NC's, KO at the helm, do you really think things aren't going to get better?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yes! We got the top kids in 2015 who stated UConn is their dream school. I expect the numbers to increase as the years go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom