Kevin Ollie makes Second Round Interview with Pistons > takes job w/ Brooklyn Nets | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie makes Second Round Interview with Pistons > takes job w/ Brooklyn Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't believe this is true (and for the record, Hurley said it wasn't, multiple times).

Why would they tell Hurley something (that they were pursuing BE membership) that they would not tell any other coach at the school?
Really?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Pat yourself on the back for all the wonderful things you did in the past 9 months
You still made a BS statement.
What about the statement was BS?

August_West

Reaction Score
Ollie pretty much had that job. Why he didn't get it was last minute social media bullying to Piston office. Now the thing is, what Kevin did (and more unfortunately for us, didn't do) for his last few years as UConn HC was the ammunition for that campaign. I have no tears for that, we all live with the consequences of the decisions and actions we make and take along the way. KO just paid that price here. So all of you wanting to spit on the man, this one is for you. Enjoy it. That's life. I guess in some way he earned it.

But I believe in redemption. I believe in 2nd chances. I was rooting for him here. It was a long shot, but I watched that man give everything running point on some great UConn teams and then coach us to a Natty off a suspension. Did I like the way he finished his coaching here? Nope, But man I root for him still.

Reaction Score
Ollie pretty much had that job. Why he didn't get it was last minute social media bullying to Piston office. Now the thing is, what Kevin did (and more unfortunately for us, didn't do) for his last few years as UConn HC was the ammunition for that campaign. I have no tears for that, we all live with the consequences of the decisions and actions we make and take along the way. KO just paid that price here. So all of you wanting to spit on the man, this one is for you. Enjoy it. That's life. I guess in some way he earned it.

But I believe in redemption. I believe in 2nd chances. I was rooting for him here. It was a long shot, but I watched that man give everything running point on some great UConn teams and then coach us to a Natty off a suspension. Did I like the way he finished his coaching here? Nope, But man I root for him still.
Based on what info do you make this very strong assertion?
If the Pistons ownership & front office truly made a coaching decision based on a social media campaign then being a head coach there is not such a good thing.
I cannot imagine this being THE reason.

August_West

Reaction Score
Based on what info do you make this very strong assertion?
If the Pistons ownership & front office truly made a coaching decision based on a social media campaign then being a head coach there is not such a good thing.
I cannot imagine this being THE reason.
In trilly we trust

Reaction Score
You’re right come to think of it. Both are doing their part to speed up games.

Reaction Score
Pat yourself on the back for all the wonderful things you did in the past 9 months
You still made a BS statement.
You made my day! I left this board because of the negativity that was pervasive. It's a board about college bball. No more no less.
I started posting in the nineties when we shared it with Syracuse fans.
That alone tells you how times have changed.

Reaction Score
Big day for the folks who make hating Kevin Ollie their personality
He could still have the love if he did not take the school to the bank for robbery! Many of us would hope and pray for a better man.
He simply dropped the ball call it what you want. Admit the mistake and don't sue the school for your downfall.
I’m not trying to diminish the impact something like a divorce can have on one’s job performance. But it doesn’t excuse the 3+ years he stopped doing a job he was paid millions of dollars to do.
Badda bing bodda boom, and so funny so many think he did no wrong. I have no hate for Ollie but the school was cheated out of millions of dollars and a couple of years of set back in the game.

It is official. UConn has the absolute worst fans of any college. The Big 12 should read this board, then run as fast as they can as far as they can.
Are you a fan or just another popping in? Like Uconn has no fans???????

Reaction Score
So many questions surround this guy:

1. Does UConn have any options left to appeal the decision?
2. Why isn't he an assistant coach in the NBA already?
3. If he hasn't been able to land an assistant job, why would anyone think he will get a head coaching position?
4. If he hasn't applied for any assistant positions or has turned them down, why?

I also believe in second chances when the person has shown they are ready. If Ollie either hasn't applied for assistant positions or has turned them down, he is not ready. His ego is still driving the bus.

Reaction Score
Nets will be terrible so maybe he gets a crack a head coach after they fire Vaughn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The Ollie supporters can cry me a river. There’d be no argument in the first place if he kept doing his job. Why we’re supposed to support the guy when hes the reason our program fell in a ditch, nobody has ever explained. He couldn’t even hold a relationship with the guy who forced him on us, and thought he was above seeking his council after one fluke title run. The man is a joke, and naturally Detroit learned that after doing some more digging.

Reaction Score
Honestly I would have been happy for Ollie to get the job. I’m not an Ollie fan and he wasn’t who I wanted to follow Calhoun. I was worried he wouldn’t recruit and we would become a middling AAC team. Arguably my fears were warranted but not in the path that brought us there.

My reasons for wanting to see Ollie on an NBA bench is mostly because he would be mentioned as a NCAA winning former coach at UConn. That’s a good sentence to have repeated on television regardless of the way it ended. Lastly I’m sure he would be less sour when collecting an NBA paycheck, even as an assistant. That would just leave him as a former player/coach who reminds people UConn is a multi championship winning school each time his name is brought up. The more players, coaches etc who are shown on tv with UConn under their name the better.
Lol he got the job and the first thing you thought was I don’t think ollie is going to put effort into recruiting? Tell me what gave you this inkling???

Reaction Score
The Ollie supporters can cry me a river. There’d be no argument in the first place if he kept doing his job. Why we’re supposed to support the guy when hes the reason our program fell in a ditch, nobody has ever explained. He couldn’t even hold a relationship with the guy who forced him on us, and thought he was above seeking his council after one fluke title run. The man is a joke, and naturally Detroit learned that after doing some more digging.
Fluke title run? Can you please explain?

Some of you act like winning a natty is easy.

Go ahead and dislike the guy for how his tenure ended but stop with the stupid takes. His first two seasons as head coach were pretty special.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To be honest, I think this is a better opportunity for kevin than the head coaching gig. Let him get some time in a supporting role before he jumps in as a head coach.

Reaction Score
Makes a lot more sense to me than a HC job right now. He gets time to rehab his image a bit in a competitive coaching environment. Hopefully he’s back to where he was before everything turned sour and can turn this into a HC job in the future.

Reaction Score
Fluke title run? Can you please explain?

Some of you act like winning a natty is easy.

Go ahead and dislike the guy for how his tenure ended but stop with the stupid takes. His first two seasons as head coach were pretty special.
Don’t understand all the hate for Ollie- I was always very appreciative of his tenure. One of the hardest things to do is to replace a legend & within two years he won a National Championship in where 90% of programs in the nation have never won. I understand it was ugly the last couple of years, but he still won a ring & if you asked me at the time of Calhoun leaving- over the next 6 years you’ll have a coach who has some up & down years & some recruiting misses & overall program issues, but he won a National Championship in replacing a true legend, I would sign for that any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom