Kevin Ollie makes Second Round Interview with Pistons > takes job w/ Brooklyn Nets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie makes Second Round Interview with Pistons > takes job w/ Brooklyn Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I share the sentiment that he'd do better motivating professionals than babysitting college kids. He also ran NBA offense at UConn.

But NBA x's & o's have gotten pretty complex these days. And Detroit has a very young team. Hopefully he's up for the challenge.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
maybe now you all will apologize to this man.

coaching in a tough league like the aac is way different that what hurley is facing in a glorified church league. never even gave the man a chance.

#JusticeForOllie.

Reaction Score
Whoever doubted Ollie getting the job eat your crow right now.

Reaction Score
Hopefully whatever changed in him personally when he ran us into the ground he’s either gotten over or learned from. That at least gives him a shot. That said making the jump to the nba is very tough, so even if his mind is right it’s far from a guarantee it works out. I wish him well though

Reaction Score
Looks like the internet might have jumped the gun for now (from the Pistons' beat reporter)

Reaction Score
Won’t find a worse post on the boneyard this week than whatever this crap is.

Bottom line is: Ollie won a title. Yeah, he mailed it in after his divorce and being stuck in a garbage conference but the university responded in kind by trying to breach his contract and the 11m he was owed. We recovered and won another title. All is well.
Lol….the Pistons now have the worst coach in the NBA.

Guy screws the university for years and some of you simps are still lining up to carry his water. Lordy, have some pride.

Guy screws the university for years and some of you simps are still lining up to carry his water. Lordy, have some pride.

Reaction Score

Bottom line is: Ollie won a title. Yeah, he mailed it in after his divorce and being stuck in a garbage conference but the university responded in kind by trying to breach his contract and the 11m he was owed. We recovered and won another title. All is well.
I'll see if I can 1-up fishy for you. I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion because everyone seems to think Glen Miller should have fallen on his sword (aside from Jim Calhoun, apparently) but that guy was tied to the majority of the success this program has had and KO scapegoated him in an effort to buy more time after mailing it in.

I'd change my opinion if KO told GM to find a job before canning him, but instead proved to be a disloyal bum. A natty doesn't change that, and it doesn't change the fact he brought the program to a dark place while creating whats apparently an everlasting wedge issue.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

You want to hug the guy who shot us because we didn't die? Ollie fans are casual fans, imo.

caw

Reaction Score

Not sure you know what a simp is.

You want to hug the guy who shot us because we didn't die? Ollie fans are casual fans, imo.

There is a long bridge between being an Ollie fan and holding a grudge for years against him because he didn’t do his job well (or at all). A grudge for five years post his dismissal at UConn.

I doubt anyone is a fan of his work post championship at UConn. Some aren’t huge fans of his work in 2014 (aside from the championship).

Some have gotten over it all at this point.

Reaction Score
I'll see if I can 1-up fishy for you. I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion because everyone seems to think Glen Miller should have fallen on his sword (aside from Jim Calhoun, apparently) but that guy was tied to the majority of the success this program has had and KO scapegoated him in an effort to buy more time after mailing it in.

I'd change my opinion if KO told GM to find a job before canning him, but instead proved to be a disloyal bum. A natty doesn't change that, and it doesn't change the fact he brought the program to a dark place while creating whats apparently an everlasting wedge issue.

Welcome to the board, Glen.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Upside - if he punches a Pistons’ player this time around, he’s gonna get killed.
Not sure you know what a simp is.

There is a long bridge between being an Ollie fan and holding a grudge for years against him because he didn’t do his job well (or at all). A grudge for five years post his dismissal at UConn.

I doubt anyone is a fan of his work post championship at UConn. Some aren’t huge fans of his work in 2014 (aside from the championship).

Some have gotten over it all at this point.

”didn’t do his job well”

lol…..yeah, that’s it. We need a Casual stamp for folks like you.

You’re not even in the orbit of knowing what you’re taking about.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

They say forgiveness is good for the soul.

To this day it still isn't clear that Fishy has a soul.

Take from this what you will.

Reaction Score
So sad as I was an Ollie fan from the beginning with the recruiting of him or Travis Best. Best went on to a better NBA career but the effort and fortitude that Ollie displayed always impressed me.
Having said that and being one of compassion and forgiveness I would feel as many here do If.

1) He publicly apologizes to the fan base for running a top program back to ground zero.
2) Do the same for Jim Calhoun who stuffed him up Warde's backside giving him the job. Same for Miller.
3) Give the money back to the school that was not earned while being brain dead on the bench. This rather than taking a leave of absence.
I sympathize with city of Detroit with so many problems like many other once prosperous cities. I think Kid Rock will continue to do more for Detroit than KO.

Reaction Score
So sad as I was an Ollie fan from the beginning with the recruiting of him or Travis Best. Best went on to a better NBA career but the effort and fortitude that Ollie displayed always impressed me.
Having said that and being one of compassion and forgiveness I would feel as many here do If.

1) He publicly apologizes to the fan base for running a top program back to ground zero.
2) Do the same for Jim Calhoun who stuffed him up Warde's backside giving him the job. Same for Miller.
3) Give the money back to the school that was not earned while being brain dead on the bench. This rather than taking a leave of absence.
I sympathize with city of Detroit with so many problems like many other once prosperous cities. I think Kid Rock will continue to do more for Detroit than KO.
Only thing that would make this better is if it was written in crayon.

Reaction Score

I’ll add that he accused UConn of racism for firing him, and Jim Calhoun wants NOTHING to do with him because he’s an @@*@@ who ran the program into the ground, and burned all bridges with our Hall of Fame head coach. F Kevin Ollie.

The Pistons must be desperate as hell with his resume since 2014-2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom