Kevin Ollie makes Second Round Interview with Pistons > takes job w/ Brooklyn Nets | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie makes Second Round Interview with Pistons > takes job w/ Brooklyn Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Amazing to see some posters here mocking the student athletes and their future careers. This game should still be all about the young men on the team.

Reaction Score
I think Kevin should be hired. Say what you want about him and Bimbos, he won a NC, which is difficult and deserving of a hire vs. all these coaches whom have not won anything. Criticize Chief if you will, but fair is fair.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ollie is lazy and he’s a horrendous X’s and O’s guy, but at least the Pistons are also interviewing two other awful candidates.

Am guessing their dope of an owner will find a few more names to throw into the mix now that some guys have been fired.

Reaction Score
Ollie is lazy and he’s a horrendous X’s and O’s guy, but at least the Pistons are also interviewing two other awful candidates.

Am guessing their dope of an owner will find a few more names to throw into the mix now that some guys have been fired.

The notion that you would even know what a good or bad Xs and Os guy looks like provided me a laugh, so thank you Fishy. Still the comedy guy on this board 20 years later.

Reaction Score
The notion that you would even know what a good or bad Xs and Os guy looks like provided me a laugh, so thank you Fishy. Still the comedy guy on this board 20 years later.
There were plenty of reports from scouts that ollie ran the most basic offensive sets by the end of his tenure in storrs

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I agree with you. We should return the 2014 National Championship.

Reaction Score
Right on. That was why he was only able to out-coach losers like Martelli, Wright, Hoiberg, Izzo, Donovan and Calipari to win the title.
No denying that run….did you read where I put by the end of his run…the last couple years, would you care to comment on his offense then?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No denying that run….did you read where I put by the end of his run…the last couple years, would you care to comment on his offense then?

I think I got your gist. Ollie is the worst coach in college basketball history, other than Martelli, Wright, Hoiberg, Izzo, Donovan and Calipari.

UConn's entire athletic program got burned to the ground by staying in the AAC. Every single administrator that kept us in that hell hole of a conference is 10x more responsible for what happened to UConn athletics than Kevin Ollie. I would also hold any UConn fans that wanted us to stay in that league more responsible for what happened to the athletic program than Kevin Ollie.

The fact that they tried a stunt as stupid as firing Ollie "for cause" shows the level of idiocy of the people running UConn athletics. Amazingly, several posters, including a former Mod, still think that was a great idea.

Reaction Score
I think I got your gist. Ollie is the worst coach in college basketball history, other than Martelli, Wright, Hoiberg, Izzo, Donovan and Calipari.

UConn's entire athletic program got burned to the ground by staying in the AAC. Every single administrator that kept us in that hell hole of a conference is 10x more responsible for what happened to UConn athletics than Kevin Ollie. I would also hold any UConn fans that wanted us to stay in that league more responsible for what happened to the athletic program than Kevin Ollie.

The fact that they tried a stunt as stupid as firing Ollie "for cause" shows the level of idiocy of the people running UConn athletics. Amazingly, several posters, including a former Mod, still think that was a great idea.
I have no problem with you disagreeing with me, but if you want to go back and forth and I ask you a question could you at least address it instead of repeating the same line again and ignoring the basis of what I said?
Respond to the photo I’ve attached if you are actually interested in making a point

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 117
Reaction Score
I have no problem with you disagreeing with me, but if you want to go back and forth and I ask you a question could you at least address it instead of repeating the same line again and ignoring the basis of what I said?
Respond to the photo I’ve attached if you are actually interested in making a point

That was the UConn administrations fault! And the AAC's! What don't you understand?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Divorce and being stuck in a non P5 basketball conference probably led to a lack of care by the end of his tenure. Just my theory.

I don’t think Hurley comes here without the assurance of getting us in the Big East. But the AAC was Ollie’s reward for not taking the Lakers job after winning a NC and having to fight for his job in the first place. Tough pills to swallow. He got bent over by the administration at every turn during his time here.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I saw the games too. Ollie struggled at the end.

The debating strategy of using Ollie's own words about his team against him is weak. Should we go digging around in Calhoun's post-game press conferences for times he lit up his own teams and then use it as evidence that he couldn't coach? If it works for Ollie, it must work for Calhoun too, right?

Or should we use a single, off the record source. You want to use some of them against Calhoun? Because there were a lot of coaches that freaking hated him. One of the reasons that UConn was so easy to game plan against by the end of Ollie's tenure was that the talent was not very good.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Divorce and being stuck in a non P5 basketball conference probably led to a lack of care by the end of his tenure. Just my theory.

I don’t think Hurley comes here without the assurance of getting us in the Big East. But the AAC was Ollie’s reward for not taking the Lakers job after winning a NC and having to fight for his job in the first place. Tough pills to swallow. He got bent over by the administration at every turn during his time here.

+1000

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Lol….do you think he’s a good bench coach?

Just started watching basketball this season or what?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hurley has refuted that many times. Maybe he lied about it?
Yeah, I doubt he actually would have. It sounds good to say though.

I’m sure he knows that he would not be setup for success if our conference rivals remained Houston and MSU, teams that played 2 time zones away.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Say, why’d he get divorced?

Also, darned shame that millions of dollars a year wasn’t enough to keep him interested in doing his job.

He’s really a victim if you think about it.

The waterboys on this site are embarrassing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yes.

So you're calling Hurley a liar?
Not trying to attack Hurley’s character when I say this, but he already lied for no reason about the whole being on the phone with a recruit when the president called thing. It’s not out the question that he may have said something that just sounded good about being at UConn, even if we were in the American, to rile up a fan base. He has no reason to answer that question honestly.

Reaction Score

Not putting effort into the teams effort and execution falls on nobody’s shoulders but his own. Can’t blame the admin for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom