Kevin Ollie: It's Official - $3 Million per year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie: It's Official - $3 Million per year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pheww, one less thing to worry about. Great news!

Reaction Score
Welcome back KO!!$$ ....who, what, when, where? wait, he never left

Reaction Score
As a refresher, can someone remind us what everyone was speculating he'd get a raise to? Was it $2.5 million?

And how does this work out structurally? He was in Year 1 of his 5 year $7 million extension so does the 5 years start over @ $3 million/year or is it 5 additional years on top of the 4 remaining for a total of 9 years on the contract?

Reaction Score
As a refresher, can someone remind us what everyone was speculating he'd get a raise to? Was it $2.5 million?

And how does this work out structurally? He was in Year 1 of his 5 year $7 million extension so does the 5 years start over @ $3 million/year or is it 5 additional years on top of the 4 remaining for a total of 9 years on the contract?

A new 5 year deal that will run until 2018

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I am super happy about this.

But, I do wish it was longer (7 years?). This means we should have a renegotiation coming up in 2-3 years again to protect recruiting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good job all around.

I don't know what everyone else was saying, but I was saying close to $3M for 5 to 7 years. I was thinking more like $20 for 7 years, but this makes more sense given where the negotiations went. If they wanted to lock him up longer it probably got more difficult.

U

UCONNfan1

Very glad to hear this. If this were 15 years ago and there was no boneyard and hardly any internet access, it would have been a much smaller issue. But for the fans who read the boards every day and follow everything UCONN related on a fan-atical basis (myself included), this is welcome news.

I'm glad it is done, proud of our University for stepping up, very pleased with Warde for doing it the right way - not jumping the gun nor doing anything crazy - and psyched Ollie is committed so we can move on with recruiting and cheering our team on...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Of equal importance, Ollie has raised the coaching salary bar for UCONN, putting our commitment into the upper echelon of elite basketball programs. Hopefully life after Ollie doesn't come for a long time, but when it does, the prescedent purse strings will have been stretched to a new buying power.
This is a very good point, and one that should also help quiet the speculation that he's going to jump in near-to-mid future (to help quell the inevitable recruiting rumors). The school has demonstrated that it will pay a very competitive salary to keep him, and that says a lot imo.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
AuYWjs4.jpeg

Reaction Score
Would make him the 9th highest paid NCAA hoops coach, just behind Matta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom