Kevin Ollie can't recruit !!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie can't recruit !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Said NO ONE EVER!!! #3 class in 2016 plus the possible additions of Powell and Vance. Kevin Ollie is Getting. It. Done.

I didn't understand your post until I saw you are new to the 'yard.

C

Chief00

I think Ollie can recruit and the campus visit success rate has picked up since the departure of TSam - perhaps a coincidence?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think Ollie can recruit and the campus visit success rate has picked up since the departure of TSam - perhaps a coincidence?
Quite frankly it is more likely things started to change when your game slipped and you started posts without a "quite frankly"!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

There's no need for that.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
There were tons of people who doubted KO's ability to recruit. Many of them liked KO's other abilities. I always thought KO would learn anything he needed to learn to succeed. Like he did in the NBA.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
There's no need for that.
It's consistent with his past. And you're correct. Absolutely no valuable purpose.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
There were tons of people who doubted KO's ability to recruit. Many of them liked KO's other abilities. I always thought KO would learn anything he needed to learn to succeed. Like he did in the NBA.
Check out the "Ten Toes In" thread and a few threads regarding KO after JC retired and you will see several people who felt like you and several who questioned everything about KO's hire (and even his consideration before JC retired).

KO didn't have a history as a head coach which people could observe in determining his capabilities. And his assistant coaching experience was quite short. But imo he had so many observable qualities that were leader like and a personality that fit the description of a person people wanted to play with it didn't seem a stretch to me that would translate to someone people would want to play for.

Some of the resistance was based on the personality of the people commenting. They prefer observing specific things to support an argument versus projecting based on similar but not exact conditions.

I love deductive thinking so it's easy for me to project outcomes based on some evidence. I get a thrill when something comes out of nowhere and proves me wrong the same as when I project things correctly. Its the scientist in me. Propose a hypothesis and come up with an experiment to determine if the hypothesis is correct. Some scientists need the outcome to be correct but a real scientist imo, is more interested in continuing the search for knowledge and that search frequently involves ruling things out as much as ruling things in.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I think it more to do with ever since you caught lying about hanging out with Andre.

Remember? You said you were with him on campus and he was actually tweeting somewhere else? And it made you look like almost a big of a jerk as this post.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Fleud, I always supported KO since he became coach. Other people were doubting him even after a NC, Others, more reasonably, thought a recruiting asst. coach was needed. I looked at the guy and knew he would figure out what to do and work harder than anyone.
KO has now proved he can coach, recruit and be about the best possible role model for young men.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Fleud, I always supported KO since he became coach. Other people were doubting him even after a NC, Others, more reasonably, thought a recruiting asst. coach was needed. I looked at the guy and knew he would figure out what to do and work harder than anyone.
KO has now proved he can coach, recruit and be about the best possible role model for young men.
I believe you. I chose not to pull up those threads. No need. The doubters (with probably the exception of free) were not necessarily behaving irrationally. They just insisted on a different set of parameters in basing their conclusion. You and I and certainly others had different parameters. We turned out to be correct. I'll call us team fleudy.

Now to incite another threatened throat punch (need as many as we have NCs) Team fleudy 1 Team Fishy 0.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Ollie is a classic example of steak before the sizzle.

Some guys come in and have a knack for salesmanship and self-promotion. Nothing wrong with that. But eventually the in-game coaching, development and mentorship has to come to fruition. Think Emperor's New Clothes.

Other guys like Ollie only know work and discipline and take longer to establish a reputation. But the reputation is built on solid ground.

Having a guy like Ollie follow Calhoun has been perfect.

Reaction Score
The doubters (with probably the exception of free) were not necessarily behaving irrationally.
You're much more magnanimous about this than I want to be. I suppose that's why you're Team fleudy's GM, and I'm just the role player who runs his mouth and waves a towel...

Now to incite another threatened throat punch (need as many as we have NCs) Team fleudy 1 Team Fishy 0.
Spike the damn ball and let 'em hear ya!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You're much more magnanimous about this than I want to be. I suppose that's why you're Team fleudy's GM, and I'm just the role player who runs his mouth and waves a towel...

Spike the damn ball and let 'em hear ya!
I'm pretty sure I irritate the out of Fishy over other things. I don't want to go out of my way in being a flamer when I can do it so well unintentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom