Kentucky suspends Makayla Epps | The Boneyard

Kentucky suspends Makayla Epps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Matthew Mitchell has suspended first team All-SEC guard Makayla Epps (speculation is for "at least one game") for possession of alcohol by a minor and having an open alcohol container in a motor vehicle in her hometown. Driving, slurring speech, open can of Bud Light, apparently passed a breath test, as they didn't charge her with DUI.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...-kentucky-wildcats-suspended-alcohol-incident

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Any1 want to bet Epps will be reinstated before the start of the season?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Any1 want to bet Epps will be reinstated before the start of the season?
I don't know why he would suspend her for (at least) one game and then reinstate her before she serves that suspension.

I don't expect (baring either unforeseen news relating to the incident or her reacting inappropriately) that she will be further penalized. Had she been guilty of DUI, then I think further punishment would have been in order, it may in this case simply have been the timing that saved her. There is a world of difference between underage drinking and DUI (regardless of age).

Reaction Score
I can see Mitchell following through with this suspension. He did suspend Bishop for a NCAA tourney game so I'm sure he'll go ahead and keep this suspension intact. JMO

Reaction Score
Doubt she'll be reinstated before the season. Possibly faces more than one game suspension. Hope she learns from her mistakes.

HGN

Reaction Score
The one(1) game suspension probably will be an exhibition or a pre-season game. I seriously doubt it will be after the regular season gets started.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The one(1) game suspension probably will be an exhibition or a pre-season game. I seriously doubt it will be after the regular season gets started.
I'll take this bet

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
I'll take this bet
So DaddyChoc, you think Mitchell will wait until regular season to extract punishment? Against a SEC opponent?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
So DaddyChoc, you think Mitchell will wait until regular season to extract punishment? Against a SEC opponent?
almost every team (including UConn) never starts the season against a conference foe (ex. Holy Cross, UC-Davis, Colgate, UHart, Stanford, College of Charleston, Creighton, Vanderbilt, Green Bay) (didnt even add Post and West Chester cause they were exhibition games). Why punish if its not going to have an effect on the season? Or do you consider Mitchell a softie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom