Kentucky Infomercial on ESPNU | The Boneyard

Kentucky Infomercial on ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surprised no one is talking about this. Was hoping this combine would be more about basketball but it's just the talking heads gushing over Kentucky. Pathetic.

Reaction Score
Not to be a dick- but could you at least put an OT in front of a UK post?

I don't get the obsession we have on this board with UK- we have ruled them. By posting every perceived injustice or news you are just buying into the hype machine. UK is bad for the game and IMHO -we do not need to come to the Boneyard to hear more news about them. Also spare me the the "if you don't want to read it don't click on the thread" responses.

Reaction Score
It appears many posters' previous obsession with Dook has migrated to UK.
Well either way UConn beats both programs when it counts most. Maybe we should be obsessed with every elite program!

Reaction Score
don't like the dude but can't front on Cal's self promotion and marketing skills. guys can get on here and talk about recruiting assistants and all that other riff raff, but when a guy has 90 NBA scouts at an ESPN televised practice, it is going to be tough to go up against that.

Reaction Score

I don't get the obsession we have on this board with UK- we have ruled them. By posting every perceived injustice or news you are just buying into the hype machine. UK is bad for the game and IMHO -we do not need to come to the Boneyard to hear more news about them. Also spare me the the "if you don't want to read it don't click on the thread" responses.

Not to be a dick- but how the hell can you not figure out that a thread titled, "Kentucky infomercial on ESPNU" is not about UConn?

Reaction Score
Soooo sorry for not putting OT.

I agree with you in everything you said about UK. I think many people on here are extremely petty about Cal and UK in general I'm just critiquing ESPN's coverage of their live practice.

I have never once written anything ever about Duke on here.

caw

Reaction Score

I agree there can be an obsession with UK at times and there probably should e an OT on this but I meanies this really part of the obsession. It's been plastered on ESPN for a few weeks and the OP seemed more to disparage ESPNs coverage than UK.

Reaction Score
don't like the dude but can't front on Cal's self promotion and marketing skills. guys can get on here and talk about recruiting assistants and all that other riff raff, but when a guy has 90 NBA scouts at an ESPN televised practice, it is going to be tough to go up against that.

I just don't understand how its not a recruiting violation. Yes any school can announce an event that no one would care about unless its kentucky or a duke team brimming with nba draft picks, but the fact that its televised and all that... so seedy

yet Boatright's mom coming to visit UConn with him is a violation that he needs to sit how many games was it?

Reaction Score
just pulled this quote from cal on ulis

“So some of the stuff I need to teach (to Ulis), he’s already kind of done. But I told him when he came here, ‘If you don’t plan on being an NBA player, don’t come here.’ I don’t want to see you, you’re not coming here.

“And don’t let me say or hear all these people say, ‘Well, he finally got a four-year point guard.’ I don’t want to hear that crap, either. So I think that’s when he said, ‘Well, I’m coming then,’ because that’s what he wants.”

Are you kidding me? he doesn't even feign anything other than purportedly producing nba players. Whats wrong with ulis being a 4 year player? this guy makes me sick. Can't wait to see where are the UK knobgobblers are if they don't perform this year. You got bilas outchea talking about how their bench is a top 25 team.

Reaction Score
Was looking forward to see Towns but I found it hard to evaluate any of the players. Too many cuts to the desk and players on exercise bikes in the first hour.

Ulis was the only player that stood out to me. Not for his basketball skills, which I'm sure he has plenty, but b/c he's so small and thin. That dude needs to gain a ton of muscle to play on the next level. Looks like a 4 yr player to me.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not to be a dick- but how the hell can you not figure out that a thread titled, "Kentucky infomercial on ESPNU" is not about UConn?
Because it didn't have 'OT' in the title?

Reaction Score
Guess I'm just a dumb#€€ who can't read. Welcome to the board- making friends already. I get it- nothing bugged me in school either (unless I was not getting cookie that is).

Reaction Score
Soooo sorry for not putting OT.

I agree with you in everything you said about UK. I think many people on here are extremely petty about Cal and UK in general I'm just critiquing ESPN's coverage of their live practice.

I have never once written anything ever about Duke on here.
Thanks dude!

Reaction Score
Good ol' ESPN:

“@rushthecourt: On SportsCenter they just said that it was not unreasonable to think that Kentucky could go undefeated. Time to find those 40-0 shirts?”

THC

Reaction Score
Good ol' ESPN:

“@rushthecourt: On SportsCenter they just said that it was not unreasonable to think that Kentucky could go undefeated. Time to find those 40-0 shirts?”
I like it, any time we can help clothe the continent of Africa, its a good thing.

Reaction Score
I dont understand how this is allowed by the ncaa. It just seems real shady to me how they get a live practice on tv with 90 scouts in attendance. could uk atleast pretend to give a sh#t about these kids education:confused: UK and Calipari is EVERYTHING thats wrong with college sports. Of course the talking heads like Pukie v and Bilass will just say those who criticize are jealous. :rolleyes:

I just find it hilarious that you get super talented kids that basically use UK as a pit stop on the way to the nba and espn gushes over Squid putting so many kids in the nba ! Hes a great snake oil salesman and not much else. He has been outcoached in just about every big game hes ever been in. Ollie made him his personal B#!ch and so did Calhoun. I dont care if they have 12 MCDAA because you can only play 5 at a time and it sure as hell didnt help him last year:)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I dont understand how this is allowed by the ncaa. It just seems real shady to me how they get a live practice on tv with 90 scouts in attendance. could uk atleast pretend to give a sh#t about these kids education:confused: UK and Calipari is EVERYTHING thats wrong with college sports. Of course the talking heads like Pukie v and Bilass will just say those who criticize are jealous. :rolleyes:

I just find it hilarious that you get super talented kids that basically use UK as a pit stop on the way to the nba and espn gushes over Squid putting so many kids in the nba ! Hes a great snake oil salesman and not much else. He has been outcoached in just about every big game hes ever been in. Ollie made him his personal B#!ch and so did Calhoun. I dont care if they have 12 MCDAA because you can only play 5 at a time and it sure as hell didnt help him last year:)
What drug are you taking that prevents you from realizing the world does not act fairly or with integrity?:)

You are correct! The system is very broken. It has always been, but now there is no pretense or attempt to cover it up. Sooner or later it will collapse, or people with integrity will get the impetus to change it.

Reaction Score
We all hate uk, most of us hate espn, why even tune in for one second. I know I didn't. Because I don't care and it doesn't matter.

We beat them when it mattered.

Reaction Score
I agree. For example this thread has been out there for quite a while and I'm now just reading it because of my low interest in this topic. With that said, I don't understand why someone needs to put OT before at a basketball topic that clearly states the state of Kentucky in it.

I do give Cal credit for pimping his program. With that said, I'm happy our program isn't like that. I like our bring your lunch pail and kick the s*** out of your opponent when it counts most program.

Right. And that's the other crazy thing. This isn't even off topic. It's a thread on the college basketball ball board about the team we beat in the championship game six months ago.

The "please use OT" trolls are the worst. 99% of the time the title makes it self explanatory what the thread is going to be about, and whether it focuses on UCONN or not.

Reaction Score
Right. And that's the other crazy thing. This isn't even off topic. It's a thread on the college basketball ball board about the team we beat in the championship game six months ago.

The "please use OT" trolls are the worst. 99% of the time the title makes it self explanatory what the thread is going to be about, and whether it focuses on UCONN or not.

I agree. If you wanted to say something about P O R N for instance do you need to make the topic OT: P O R N ???? :eek:.......c'mon people LOL

Reaction Score
how bout we stop worrying about what Kentucky's doing you guys are acting like some highschool girls who just saw their ex walking in the hallway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom