Kenny Kallina Blog 5/20/13 | The Boneyard

Kenny Kallina Blog 5/20/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Kenny - always entertaining. Enjoyed all three of your spring thoughts blogs. Thanks for posting the link.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
WOW I'll be very curious to hear what ETT has to say about all of that! I'm sure there are more than 2 sides to any story, but when you lay it all out like that it's not a great month for Baylor... Still, I think they are in the running for some top kids in 2014 and 2015 and all they need to do is land someone like Brianna Turner and all the "recruiting" question marks will probably be put to bed. Just look at what landing Russell did for perceptions regarding Tennessee...

Reaction Score
Honestly I could see Mulkey going after another major job opening in the near future ... She needs to rebuild her staff and the perception before the talent runs out ... All of us saw that bench for Baylor this year and I dont think anyone thinks that is the answer to the type of level that program is used to. Texas is talented though there could be enough to go around.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sly way you have of dealing with the hiring of AAU assistant coaches. Do not see any legislative (as in NCAA rules) way to handle it, but it does leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Kenny nice job. It appears there is a lot of turmoil at Baylor. The bottom is falling out. From what you've posted I've got to wonder how much more will be coming out. You know I look at Geno and Chris and they're still working together and UConn has a clean slate. Gotta wonder what is going on at some other schools. Is the pressure of making it big causing these problems? I guess we wait and see.

HGN

Reaction Score
I can see Mulkey surviving this mess. Job wise......But what I don't see is Baylor getting the recruits it was in line to get over the next year or 2. The BG flap may cause a major recruit to look elsewhere over the next year or so. But sometimes things like this are soon forgotten. But if it lingers it could be a major obstacle to recruiting. And not getting key and targeted recruits will be the problem.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Come on Kenny - Ball State is my Alma Mater :) Muncie, IN If you head up this way, let me know!

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
And Letterman's.
Name dropper....

and many happy little trees were created here.

250px-Bob_at_Easel.jpg

Reaction Score
You know us folks in Florida dont know where Ball State is ... All we know them as is a week 2 opponant to Florida or Florida State in football where we give them half of their athletic budget for the year

I am sure everyone on here is a big Ball State fan ... I remember them for a few things

1) Beating Tennessee (That happened right?)
2) Bonzi Wells .... How do you forget a guy named Bonzi
3) and the football thing

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Ha ha! So true. There are people in Indiana that don't know where it is. Beating UT was a great highlight! Bonzi was the man! My first two years overlapped with his last two. I was gracious enough to let him dunk on me once in a pickup game - highlight of my playing career. Bryan Bullington, a Ball Stater, was the #1 pick in the MLB amateur draft a few years ago. But, that's all I got! :)

Brenda Frese coached there too, but we have tried to forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom