Kemba Lighting It Up in NBA Playoffs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kemba Lighting It Up in NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kemba probably just needs a new team...
This. Love the gesture Charlotte has taken to try to build around Kemba as their star, but they have failed to do so horribly. He needs a new franchise. This is his fifth season as a pro, and besides Al Jefferson, which of the many pieces the Hornets have drafted and traded for come to fruition? He leads the team in blocks FFS.

Here is who the Bobcats/Hornets have drafted with/since Kemba. I mean just look at the top 10 picks they have squandered:

Tobias Harris (immediately traded for Cory Maggette and Bismack Biyombo)
Jeremy Tyler 31st overall (traded for cash)
MKG 2nd overall
Jeffery Taylor
Cody Zeller FOURTH OVERALL
Noah Vonleh 9th overall
Fank Kaminsky 9th overall
And to top it all off, they traded away Bazz

Those in charge of evaluating talent simply are not good at their jobs.

The thing is, Kemba isn't "help," and as of now, he appears that he needs to be taking James Harden-level volume of shots (currently taking over a quarter of the team's total). So where does he go?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like Lin but he's a very very poor man's Manu. Agree with your point though.

Coach made a huge mistake not putting Lin back in the game at 3 Min mark even with 5 fouls. Lin makes this team better and went to the Kemba iso ball. Kemba iso ball will not win big games even though Kemba is an incredible scorer. Kemba is basically a SG in a PG body where Lin is more a PG despite playing as a combo guard. Today, despite not able to score as easily, Lin was playing great defense against Wade and that was solely missed in the 4th.

Check out some stats. Numbers don't lie. How Jeremy Lin Is Fueling Charlotte's Ad Hoc Offense -

Here is what stats say about Lin and Hornets:

He may not be a starter, but Lin has been the pulse of the team in the postseason thus far. According to NBA.com, the Hornets are being outscored by 32.5 points per 100 possessions when he is on the bench. His forays down the lane are a crucial source of points for the team. Even when Lin can’t finish at the rim, he usually ends up drawing a foul.

On average, Charlotte gets 20.4 percent of their points from free throws. However, that number jumps up more than 10 percent when Lin is on the court. Considering Charlotte’s struggle from the outside, Lin’s ability to manufacture points is essential to their hopes of advancing. Clearly, Charlotte will need its three-point shooting to resurface to find a balance on the offensive end, but for the time being, Lin seems to be the key to the Hornets’ scoring woes.

Reaction Score
This. Love the gesture Charlotte has taken to try to build around Kemba as their star, but they have failed to do so horribly. He needs a new franchise. This is his fifth season as a pro, and besides Al Jefferson, which of the many pieces the Hornets have drafted and traded for come to fruition? He leads the team in blocks FFS.

The thing is, Kemba isn't "help," and as of now, he appears that he needs to be taking James Harden-level volume of shots (currently taking over a quarter of the team's total). So where does he go?
Is Kemba "help" if we're referring to help as role players? Nah, but he's not a franchise player, Kemba is fine where he is. If MKG plays the whole year I think they're challenging Toronto for that #2 seed. They're not a title contender or anything like that but in the NBA there are only about 3 teams per year that can legitimately win a title so some times you just need to put together a treadmill team that can make the playoffs for a good 4-5 years or so, keep the seats filled, and then break it up and starting all over again. Re-sign Batum, keep MKG's shoulder intact and you have something nice. If they can sign Howard for the C spot that would be a nice coup for them. Even tho he's diminished physically from his peak years and the damage his rep has taken that would still be an upgrade for them.

Reaction Score
Coach made a huge mistake not putting Lin back in the game at 3 Min mark even with 5 fouls. Lin makes this team better and went to the Kemba iso ball. Kemba iso ball will not win big games even though Kemba is an incredible scorer. Kemba is basically a SG in a PG body where Lin is more a PG despite playing as a combo guard. Today, despite not able to score as easily, Lin was playing great defense against Wade and that was solely missed in the 4th.

Check out some stats. Numbers don't lie. How Jeremy Lin Is Fueling Charlotte's Ad Hoc Offense -

Here is what stats say about Lin and Hornets:
Your stats are cool and all but Lin was garbage tonight, Kemba was forced into iso mode

Reaction Score
Your stats are cool and all but Lin was garbage tonight, Kemba was forced into iso mode
Exactly, and the reason Kemba has been taking so many shots and not racking up assists is because no one has been consistent for the Hornets in the series. Williams has been mostly bad, Lee is ultra cold, Jefferson is alright but can't play defense or rebound with Whiteside, Batum gets a pass cuz he's hurt, Kaminsky is just mediocre, Zeller can't move Whiteside at all, and Lin was really good in the beginning but he turns it over alot and forces too much. I really hope the Hornets get Dwight in the off season, I don't think he is as awful as te media portrays him and Clifford won't take any BS anyways. Jefferson is done, and what a waste of a pick for Kaminsky when they could've gotten Myles Turner.

Reaction Score
Exactly, and the reason Kemba has been taking so many shots and not racking up assists is because no one has been consistent for the Hornets in the series. Williams has been mostly bad, Lee is ultra cold, Jefferson is alright but can't play defense or rebound with Whiteside, Batum gets a pass cuz he's hurt, Kaminsky is just mediocre, Zeller can't move Whiteside at all, and Lin was really good in the beginning but he turns it over alot and forces too much. I really hope the Hornets get Dwight in the off season, I don't think he is as awful as te media portrays him and Clifford won't take any BS anyways. Jefferson is done, and what a waste of a pick for Kaminsky when they could've gotten Myles Turner.

Kemba iso is like playing with lottery. He was on today. Last game, he was just off. Lin, despite not shooting well, was playing good D. Also, he is usually a 4th quarter guy. I think it was a mistake not putting him in the final 3 mins vs. leaving Lee there. We will never know. Game 7 is Sunday and let's hope Kemba and Lin can pull a miracle.

caw

Reaction Score

Here is who the Bobcats/Hornets have drafted with/since Kemba. I mean just look at the top 10 picks they have squandered:

Tobias Harris (immediately traded for Cory Maggette and Bismack Biyombo)
Jeremy Tyler 31st overall (traded for cash)
MKG 2nd overall
Jeffery Taylor
Cody Zeller FOURTH OVERALL
Noah Vonleh 9th overall
Fank Kaminsky 9th overall
And to top it all off, they traded away Bazz

Those in charge of evaluating talent simply are not good at their jobs.

Tobias Harris was a bad trade as things look, but he's already on his third team.

Tyler was a second rounder and semi productive for a few years which is really all you can hope for with a second rounder.

MKG has looked very good when healthy. You can argue this was a bad pick but if it is, it's because his health is just horrible. At the time of the draft I guess Beal may have been the choice. Drummond should have been obviously but he dropped to 9, so you can't blame Charlotte for that.

Zeller is a solid player, but yes a reach at 4 in most drafts. In the draft where Anthony Bennett was #1, meh can't blame them. The only player extrordinarily better at the time was Noel who had injury concerns and still isn't great.

Vonleh actually looks semi decent and he was traded for Batum. So he got them good value either way.

Kaminsky has looked decent but not great and with Winslow, Turner, Lyles and Booker right after him. This may actually be the biggest mistake and he has played well this series.

Bazz was traded and wouldn't have played in Charlotte anyway.

They haven't had luck with drafting but I don't think they have done a horrible job either. If anything they just draft too safe. No real boom or bust players. They don't have a Bennet but they also don't have a Drummond.

Reaction Score
I actually think Charlotte has a lot of fun young pieces if they can keep them together. Although, they definitely won't be able to keep both Lin and Lee, but if I was Charlotte I'd be trying to get Lin back. It's not every day you can get two ball dominant guys who can go to the rim as often as those two..and play well together/don't hate each other. (I really think Lin's re-emergence has more to do with him being on a competent team with a star that isn't an jerk/can handle sharing.)

Reaction Score
I actually think Charlotte has a lot of fun young pieces if they can keep them together. Although, they definitely won't be able to keep both Lin and Lee, but if I was Charlotte I'd be trying to get Lin back. It's not every day you can get two ball dominant guys who can go to the rim as often as those two..and play well together/don't hate each other. (I really think Lin's re-emergence has more to do with him being on a competent team with a star that isn't an jerk/can handle sharing.)
They need to keep Lin, as much as I hate his fans he is a good compliment to Kemba. Lee is good but is expendable. I want then to go after Howard hard and get a some more shooting. Once MKG is healthy, which is a big if, he completes this team.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score

Lin got to the foul line and had some assists and played some decent defense on Wade.
But he was not vintage Lin. Funny, Linsanity was born in New York when Melo went down.
Melo came back and Linsanity died. Then he goes to Houston and Lakers where the other two biggest ball hogs in the league reside. Once he got back onto a team where the star is willing to share the ball and suddenly Lin makes a comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom