Kemba drops 32 on the Knicks | The Boneyard

Kemba drops 32 on the Knicks

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Knicks have a lot of problems but one fixable problem is conditioning. They were in the game until the 4th, they looked absolutely gassed by the end of the game. Same thing happened against San Antonio.

Reaction Score
Kemba and MSG are a magic combo.
He owns that place.
Why the Knicks never signed him is a question their fans must often ask themselves.
Why?

1572204887961.png

Reaction Score
It’s gotta kill a New York kid to look at the Knicks and think, “Nah, I’d rather be a Celtic”.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Probably has something to do with the fact that Kemba is a human and capable of making decisions

more to the point, a smart human.

Reaction Score
He did it against the Knicks.....

Won't find a bigger Kemba fan on this board, but I'll wait to praise him when he performs like this against a team that isn't the laughingstock of the NBA.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Knicks will not be a joke for too much longer. Randle is a nice 5 and Barrett will be the ROY (although Brandon Clarke will be the best player from that draft class - that kid is the next Kawhi).

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Knicks will not be a joke for too much longer. Randle is a nice 5 and Barrett will be the ROY (although Brandon Clarke will be the best player from that draft class - that kid is the next Kawhi).
Idk about these takes man. Knicks roster top to bottom is one of the most talent deficient rosters in the league. I would bet good money they end up tanking again. I can name 10 guys in that class I like better than Clarke. Randle is underrated though.

Reaction Score
You new to the NBA? He's been performing like that against everyone in the league for the past 5 seasons.

Yeah on a horrible hornets team where he was obligated to put the team on his back which inflated his numbers. I'm pointing out it's a hollow statement to praise a performance against THE KNICKS, where below average players could score 30+ against them.

Kemba did not look like himself against Philly, or the first half against Toronto. Again, there's no bigger Kemba or Celts fan than myself, just choose the right performance/opponent to praise him.

Reaction Score
Yeah on a horrible hornets team where he was obligated to put the team on his back which inflated his numbers. I'm pointing out it's a hollow statement to praise a performance against THE KNICKS, where below average players could score 30+ against them.

Kemba did not look like himself against Philly, or the first half against Toronto. Again, there's no bigger Kemba or Celts fan than myself, just choose the right performance/opponent to praise him.
That's a really wonky analysis. Great players tend to play better and more efficiently when they have other good players to play with.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Post =/= Handle

Dude was 3rd Team All-NBA last season!

Would’ve had a double double too if his teammates knocked down the plethora of open looks they had...he has been tremendous at finding open guys on this team. I’ve been really impressed with his D as well, constant battling and never taking a play off. He’s going to do really well in Brad Stevens’ system (sorry if my apostrophe is used incorrectly there, Hans!).

It was also cool to see Carsen Edwards get some big time minutes. That kid works his tail off and is fun to watch when he gets going.

Reaction Score
Post =/= Handle

Dude was 3rd Team All-NBA last season!

Let me rephrase my original post on this.

I'm waiting for a performance like he had against the Knicks against a team that actually matters with his new Celtics team!

I understand he's an All-Star and has crushed it in the past. I want to see it as a Celtic against a Milwaukee, Philly, Miami, or Indiana. The Knicks blow, and while 32 pts is 32 pts, it's not worth noting IMO.

Reaction Score
Would’ve had a double double too if his teammates knocked down the plethora of open looks they had...he has been tremendous at finding open guys on this team. I’ve been really impressed with his D as well, constant battling and never taking a play off. He’s going to do really well in Brad Stevens’ system (sorry if my apostrophe is used incorrectly there, Hans!).

It was also cool to see Carsen Edwards get some big time minutes. That kid works his tail off and is fun to watch when he gets going.

Stevens's

When a name ends in "s" you finish it "s's" since it's technically still singular

Reaction Score
That's a really wonky analysis. Great players tend to play better and more efficiently when they have other good players to play with.

Agreed, and it will take time for his style of play to completely gel with a significantly better roster. I don't think it's worth getting overly excited about a performance against one of the worst teams in the NBA. I'll get excited when he does this against top 10 teams WITH the celts.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Stevens's

When a name ends in "s" you finish it "s's" since it's technically still singular

Not necessarily true. Different style manuals have different recommendations on whether to add an apostrophe to a name ending with an S.

Reaction Score
Making a thread about Kemba scoring 32 pts is like making a thread about Tom Brady putting up 300 yards against the Dolphins, or Alabama Football beating Uconn. This is just disrespecting Kemba.

C

Chief00

He scored 21 points in the second half to lead Boston in a blowout win. Our dude is a legit all star.
Chief had the privilege to see Kemba play. Very satisfying to see a UConn guy rule The Garden again. A special thanks to Coach Calhoun for all he did developing Kemba.

Reaction Score

Please show me one example where a "below average player" has scored over 30 points in an NBA game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom