Kemba and Lamb | The Boneyard

Kemba and Lamb

Reaction Score
61 million, must be nice to be Lamb. He always struck me as someone who would be responsible with his money
I'm always curious how much money the average NBA player holds onto when it's all said and done.

For instance, $61 million is the top-line number and obviously, he didn't save every single penny he ever earned. After taxes, agent fees, living expenses, etc. is it reasonable to assume he'd have $15-20 million socked away? Way less? Way more??

I realize this will vary wildly from player to player based on money management and spending habits but it's definitely an interesting thought to toss around.

Reaction Score
I'm always curious how much money the average NBA player holds onto when it's all said and done.

For instance, $61 million is the top-line number and obviously, he didn't save every single penny he ever earned. After taxes, agent fees, living expenses, etc. is it reasonable to assume he'd have $15-20 million socked away? Way less? Way more??

I realize this will vary wildly from player to player based on money management and spending habits but it's definitely an interesting thought to toss around.
The Google informs me that his net worth is estimated to be ~$10mil....and more surprising is that his nickname is "the shepherd"....I don't think they verified that one with the BY

anyone else never hear that nickname for him ever?

Reaction Score
The Google informs me that his net worth is estimated to be ~$10mil....and more surprising is that his nickname is "the shepherd"....I don't think they verified that one with the BY

anyone else never hear that nickname for him ever?
Not surprising, Lamb, sheep, shepherd, you can see how they got there.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

$61M but not all at once. So over 12 years. If he owns one or two homes out right and if he did well with investing and any business ventures. Maybe another few million in sponsorship money. I would say in cash probably $5m to $10m cash and hopefully another $5-7m in real estate he did a good job.

Reaction Score
As pointed out in another thread, looks like Kemba and Lamb are at the end of the line - cue the Traveling Wilbury's. It puts the onus on others to carry forward the mantle of UCONN greatness in the pros. It was thought that Bouk was that guy but he's buried on the Greensboro Swarm roster - can't even sniff the Hornet bench. Martin had a glimpse with but he's in G League purgatory. The hopes turn to Hawkins. Can the duo of Sanago or AJax surprise at the Association level? The pride of Bristol - DC has proven to grealty exceed expectations after dominating 5'9" dudes in high school. Who carries the mantle of great UCONN pros forward? What say you?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Irresponsible with their finances
I have heard that said about Lotto winners, too.

Many are broke again in a very short time. Irresponsible with their money.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

Apparently 60% of NBA players are under "financial stress" under 2 years after leaving the league, whatever that means.
It means they spent too much and can longer afford the same lifestyle. It’s a weird thing. Imagine if you buy a $5m home with your first big payday. Then fast forward ten years and now ur not making millions. In the wrong place like ny state your property taxes alone on a $5m house are probably $70k to $100k per year. So how do you pay for that with no real income stream.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Take this with a grain of salt as "net worth" websites are often sketchy, but:

Kemba made about $199 million in his career. His net worth is reported to be $20 million. When traded from the Celts, he sold his manse for $12 million.

Lamb made about $65 million in his careers. His net worth is reported to be "slightly more than $10 million". When traded from Hornets, he sold his home for $2.2 million.

It would seem that both should be fine going forward, albeit not as fine as they could be. Jeremy seems to have exhibited more restraint of the two.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Kemba made about $199 million in his career. His net worth is reported to be $20 million. When traded from the Celts, he sold his manse for $12 million.

Lamb made about $65 million in his careers. His net worth is reported to be "slightly more than $10 million". When traded from Hornets, he sold his home for $2.2 million.

It would seem that both should be fine going forward, albeit not as fine as they could be. Jeremy seems to have exhibited more restraint of the two.

I hope Bouk isnt waiting tables when he is 30.

Reaction Score

I have absolutely no inside knowledge on Kemba (besides taking a shot with him Sping Weekend of my senior year) but I’d be shocked if he “only” has $20M left of the almost $200M he made. Doesn’t seem like the lavish, huge entourage, loose with money type.

But I could also be completely wrong.

Reaction Score

I can’t speak to Lamb but this is not even remotely accurate for Kemba.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom