Kelsey Plum is ESPNW's Player of the Year | The Boneyard

Kelsey Plum is ESPNW's Player of the Year

Reaction Score
A wonderful choice. A fine representative, and face, for women's college hoops. She'll be fun to watch at the next level.

Reaction Score
It's a good call.

Katie Lou's game may be more balanced overall, but that's as much a reflection of the system that each woman plays under as well as the nature of their teams. And it isn't like Udub is wallowing in mediocrity while one player is jacking up the majority of the teams shots in losing efforts to crappy opponents (I'm thinking Orange here). Plum just went off for 57 points - that's more than 20 of Connecticut's opponents scored this year. I know, different worlds, UConn defense, apples and oranges, etc. but Kelsey's numbers are staggering.

At the end of the day Kelsey Plum is doing what her team needs her to do, and is leading the western Huskies to great heights. And at the end of the day, Katie Lou Samuelson is doing what her team needs her to do, and is leading the eastern Huskies to great(er) heights. So while the Connecticut fan in me would wish that it had been Katie Lou, the basketball fan in me knows that this year it has to be Kelsey.

Congratulations Kelsey Plum..

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it is the right choice--Washington's won-lost record, the career points record, and the 57-point game. Plus, Sue is impressed--and Sue knows her stuff! Congrats to Kelsey!

Reaction Score
If I was picking a UConn player, it would be Gabby. She done so much as a much undersized post. Guarding the bigs, guarding the guards, guarding anyone at anytime anywhere on the court. Without her tenacious D and her superb passing, UConn would not be where it is. Kudos to Gabby. Kelsey Plum is very much deserving of the award.

Reaction Score
If I was picking a UConn player, it would be Gabby. She done so much as a much undersized post. Guarding the bigs, guarding the guards, guarding anyone at anytime anywhere on the court. Without her tenacious D and her superb passing, UConn would not be where it is. Kudos to Gabby. Kelsey Plum is very much deserving of the award.

Agreed. And with her whack-a-mole indefatigability, her multi-tooled versatility, and her potential as high as her vertical leap, I fully expect a NPOY, and sterling WNBA career, in her future.

Reaction Score
Kelsey's high-class remarks about our UCONN team were off the top of the charts. She's a great human being, to boot!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom