Keith update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Keith update

Reaction Score
Apologize for not posting yesterday but I was physically and emotionally shot after yesterday. Holy crap what a game!!! As others have stated, the crowd, while not overwhelmingly large, was certainly boisterous.

And one of those boisterous attendees was in fact Mr. Keith Gaither! The day got off to a rough start due to some logistical challenges but things eventually fell into place and we made it to the Rent with time to spare before kickoff.

As for the actual game, my favorite moment was right before Victor's first touchdown. Keith looks at me and taps his right wrist with his left index finger. "It's Victor Rosa time!". Next play, VR takes it to the house. Incredible.

After the game, we waited to say hello to Victor and his family. When I tell you there were at least 5 to 7 players who made a beeline over to him to say hello, I'm not exaggerating. "KEITH!!!" was heard more than once. Like his ego needed any more stroking. LOL

This stems from his "performance" in the locker room after the UMass game. For those of you who have Instagram and haven't seen it, I encourage you to go to Keith's page (Keiththeinspiring) and watch the video. It'll be the most entertaining 38 seconds of your day.

As Zion took a knee to end the game, Keith tells me, "I wanna go to Army next week!" So it looks like we're gonna try to take this thing on the road. Fingers crossed.

I'm fully aware that none of this would be possible without the generosity of the BY. So for the 7,890,143rd time, thank you!

A couple of post game photos attached for your viewing pleasure. Also, in case you might have forgotten, UConn football is bowl eligible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KGVR.jpg
victory.jpg

Reaction Score
Apologize for not posting yesterday but I was physically and emotionally shot after yesterday. Holy crap what a game!!! As others have stated, the crowd, while not overwhelmingly large, was certainly boisterous.

And one of those boisterous attendees was in fact Mr. Keith Gaither! The day got off to a rough start due to some logistical challenges but things eventually fell into place and we made it to the Rent with time to spare before kickoff.

As for the actual game, my favorite moment was right before Victor's first touchdown. Keith looks at me and taps his right wrist with his left index finger. "It's Victor Rosa time!". Next play, VR takes it to the house. Incredible.

After the game, we waited to say hello to Victor and his family. When I tell you there were at least 5 to 7 players who made a beeline over to him to say hello, I'm not exaggerating. "KEITH!!!" was heard more than once. Like his ego needed any more stroking. LOL

This stems from his "performance" in the locker room after the UMass game. For those of you who have Instagram and haven't seen it, I encourage you to go to Keith's page (Keiththeinspiring) and watch the video. It'll be the most entertaining 38 seconds of your day.

As Zion took a knee to end the game, Keith tells me, "I wanna go to Army next week!" So it looks like we're gonna try to take this thing on the road. Fingers crossed.

I'm fully aware that none of this would be possible without the generosity of the BY. So for the 7,890,143rd time, thank you!

A couple of post game photos attached for your viewing pleasure. Also, in case you might have forgotten, UConn football is bowl eligible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You and Keith are quite obviously the good luck charms here!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Paul, we'll need to discuss logistics but if you Keith are down for it you're going Bowling

Let me know how I can help to make next week happen, Paul.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, I went Keith’s Instagram and saw this video. I like after calling the touchdown he looks over and says “Pay attention. He’s lit”

I couldn’t see the locker room dance video without actually having an Instagram account. If anyone can post it, it would be much appreciated.

Reaction Score
Lol, I went Keith’s Instagram and saw this video. I like after calling the touchdown he looks over and says “Pay attention. He’s lit”

I couldn’t see the locker room dance video without actually having an Instagram account. If anyone can post it, it would be much appreciated.
This is the link to the video on Keith's Instagram. Not sure if you still need an IG account to view it or not though. Hope this helps.

CLAS92

Muttley
Reaction Score
So proud of the boneyard. UCONN NATION you know how to touch a person’s heart - Keith, Paul, the folks who made this happen, and the thousands who saw it come to fruition.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

A couple of post game photos attached for your viewing pleasure. Also, in case you might have forgotten, UConn football is bowl eligible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! View attachment 80641 View attachment 80642
Simply wonderful!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Keith LOVES Victor and Donovan. And the love is mutual.

It was very important to him to see their first UConn home games (first UConn game period in Donovan's case). Thanks in large part to the people on this board, it happened.
Do you guys mind Yarders saying hello?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

A couple of post game photos attached for your viewing pleasure. Also, in case you might have forgotten, UConn football is bowl eligible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! View attachment 80641 View attachment 80642
Look at how big and genuine that damn smile is. Brings tears to my eyes to see the genuine joy on Keith’s face. Thank you for letting us know about Keith and for continuing to bring him to Rentschler on a regular basis. Warms my heart to see how happy he is and how much he’s been embraced by the team.

Reaction Score
Because very few great stories start with, "We decided to stay home.", Keith and I will be heading up to West Point tomorrow! Thank you again to the BY for making this happen!

Not sure where our seats are yet but I will post in this thread once we're settled in. Please feel free to stop by and say hello.

Let's get Coach Mora a W for his birthday!

Reaction Score
Look at how big and genuine that damn smile is. Brings tears to my eyes to see the genuine joy on Keith’s face. Thank you for letting us know about Keith and for continuing to bring him to Rentschler on a regular basis. Warms my heart to see how happy he is and how much he’s been embraced by the team.
Great to see how the various athletes and teams embrace Keith as well. UConn athletes are special and must recognize they have a special platform that can be used to bring joy to so many. Hats off to all involved.

Reaction Score
Hi all,

A while back I reached out to UConn Magazine to share Keith's story and the Boneyard fundraising effort...just learned they are planning a feature in the next issue!

I've been trading emails with the editor and I'd like to loop in Paul to make sure we get the details right. If anyone has Paul's email I'd appreciate it if you can message me.

@paulmf
@HuskyNan

Reaction Score
Hi all,

A while back I reached out to UConn Magazine to share Keith's story and the Boneyard fundraising effort...just learned they are planning a feature in the next issue!

I've been trading emails with the editor and I'd like to loop in Paul to make sure we get the details right. If anyone has Paul's email I'd appreciate it if you can message me.

@paulmf
@HuskyNan
Sent you a PM.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Hi all,

@paulmf
@HuskyNan
ok, this is wicked cool.
props. big props.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member