Katie Lou Recuperation Report From the Boss and More | The Boneyard

Katie Lou Recuperation Report From the Boss and More

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"She's doing well," coach Geno Auriemma said. "She's frustrated and she's anxious to get back working out and getting on the court. It's going to take a while. She's finally off crutches and she's still in the boot, will be for a little while longer."

UConn Women Back On Campus, Joined By Freshmen, As Focus Shifts To 2018-19

"The 2018-19 Huskies, all returning players and freshmen Olivia Nelson-Ododa and Christyn Williams, have settled on campus for summer classes that began Tuesday."

"Samuelson and Collier are likely to be national player of the year candidates.

"I think those two are as good as any two on any other team," Auriemma said. "There are a lot of good players, I understand. I think Napheesa is going to get back to her sophomore year, where she's going to have a lot more opportunities around the basket that she didn't have maybe as many last year. I think she learned a lot. And Lou is going to be Lou."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice parallel by Geno.

"The guys coming back, hopefully, have all gotten a little bit better, and the two incoming freshmen hopefully can come in and play," he said of Williams and Nelson-Ododa. "They may have to play a bigger role this year than the freshmen last year had to play. It almost reminds me of Bria Hartley and Stefanie Dolson [key contributors as freshmen in 2010-11], where they come in and you go, 'Hey, whether you're ready or not, you're going to have to go.' That's going to take a while, as the season goes on, to figure all that stuff out. And the schedule is even harder this year. We're going to learn a lot as we go."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This may be the most fascinating bit from Geno:

"The guys coming back, hopefully, have all gotten a little bit better, and the two incoming freshmen hopefully can come in and play," he said of Williams and Nelson-Ododa. "They may have to play a bigger role this year than the freshmen last year had to play. It almost reminds me of Bria Hartley and Stefanie Dolson [key contributors as freshmen in 2010-11], where they come in and you go, 'Hey, whether you're ready or not, you're going to have to go.' That's going to take a while, as the season goes on, to figure all that stuff out. And the schedule is even harder this year. We're going to learn a lot as we go."

Oops, a little slow, but I'm going to leave it here @eebmg

Reaction Score
This may be the most fascinating bit from Geno:

Oops, a little slow, but I'm going to leave it here @eebmg

I can't get that article, I'm out of freebies...........any mention of Mikayla Coombs' status with the team?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A few things. First of all, I’m happy for Lou and Pheesa. “Lou is going to be Lou.” That’s all I need to hear.

Second, this is BIG news. It addresses a point we have discussed extensively:

“The two incoming freshmen can hopefully come in and play.”

“Hey, whether you’re ready or not, you’re going to have to go.”

Geno will get Liv and the Legend into the mix. They are smart, talented, and hard-working. Of course, they will make freshmen mistakes, but I think they can play at this level. I expect one of them to start, just as Bria and Stef did.

Third, regarding last year’s prized freshman:

"Megan is going to be better," Auriemma said. "She looks great. She's worked really hard. Obviously she is really, really disappointed in the way last year went but a lot of freshmen, that's what happens." Look for a big leap from Meg.

Fourth, everyone is back. Some folks here thought Megan, Mikayla, or others would leave. They didn’t. I’ve heard that Mikayla is active, but I don’t know her medical status.

Reaction Score
A few things. First of all, I’m happy for Lou and Pheesa. “Lou is going to be Lou.” That’s all I need to hear.

Fourth, everyone is back. Some folks here thought Megan, Mikayla, or others would leave. They didn’t. I’ve heard that Mikayla is active, but I don’t know her medical status.

not sure what you mean by "active"........obviously the most important question: what is her current medical status--is she feeling OK? and the second question: is she on campus and enrolled for next season regardless of whether she is playing basketball?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
not sure what you mean by "active"...obviously the most important question: what is her current medical status--is she feeling OK? and the second question: is she on campus and enrolled for next season regardless of whether she is playing basketball?
On campus and working out. I’m not sure if she is working out at the same level as everyone else or building to that.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
On campus and working out. I’m not sure if she is working out at the same level as everyone else or building to that.
That's great to hear. Thanks for this.

Reaction Score
Man. Is it October yet!? Can't wait for another great basketball season. With the new additions, its like a new car and that new car smell!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Man. Is it October yet!? Can't wait for another great basketball season. With the new additions, its like a new car and that new car smell!!
Good point! Meg is improved already, even though the season ended only 2 months ago. Official practice is still 4.5 months away. I think that everyone can improve in that timespan.

I’m looking forward to the new set of “twins,” Liv and the Legend.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Woah, woah, woah. Hold on. Let's do summer first. We up here in the NE need a nice long lazy summer. With plenty of sunshine and heat.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Woah, woah, woah. Hold on. Let's do summer first. We up here in the NE need a nice long lazy summer. With plenty of sunshine and heat.
I’m in Palm Desert this week. We have the double-hundred: 100% sunshine and 100 degrees. With 18% humidity. Sending warm thoughts your way. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom