Kashif Helped His Draft Standing | The Boneyard

Kashif Helped His Draft Standing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like what I'm reading.

"Kashiif Moore, Connecticut: Moore (5-9, 180) is an under-the-radar prospect who was able to take advantage of the stage and quietly turn in a strong showing. He excelled during testing with a group-best 43½-inch vertical, 4.42-second 40, 10-6 broad jump and 4.05 short shuttle.

He had some problems tracking and adjusting to the deeper throws, but Moore caught the ball well overall and flashed the ability to pluck it away from his frame. He was a late-round prospect heading into this week, but with this performance Moore will send scouts back to the tape to see if his testing matches his on-field performance. He has now forced scouts to go back and take a second look at his tape to see if his testing results coincide with his play on the field."

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
but with this performance Moore will send scouts back to the tape to see if his testing matches his on-field performance. He has now forced scouts to go back and take a second look at his tape to see if his testing results coincide with his play on the field."
This is more repetitious than dialogue from Timmy and Tommy Timmons and Yeah-Yeah put together.

Reaction Score
Fine young man from a good family. I'd love to see good things happen to him going forward.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Great numbers for Kash. 4.42 is very fast....faster than LaMichael James from Oregon ran, and he is supposed to be a real flyer. I think Kash can be a very good slot receiver in the league.

Reaction Score
Kash put up great numbers that should get him drafted or be a priority FA.

But that's only half the battle. His key to making an NFL team will be the things he didn't do at UConn. He needs to convince a head coach he can break tackles or make guys miss. He needs to show functional strength on the field at training camp. He needs to convince a team his quickness will translate into beating bump and run coverage and getting off the LOS.

You can only do one thing at a time. Kash made the most of this week. But the tests get tougher at every step. Making the most of training camp, doing the things in the paragraph above are key to making a roster. He's done great so far, hope he can keep it up.

Reaction Score
Poor Kash. When they look at the tape they will see lots of inside hand offs up the middle and very little throwing and catching. Hopefully, that one hander against South Carolina gets their attention. He is one of the guys that came through the program that I just looked at and thought "with a good QB he could be so much more"

Reaction Score
Poor Kash. When they look at the tape they will see lots of inside hand offs up the middle and very little throwing and catching. Hopefully, that one hander against South Carolina gets their attention. He is one of the guys that came through the program that I just looked at and thought "with a good QB he could be so much more"
Ain't that the truth. Pretty tough to evaluate our wide outs with the low quality of QB play.

Reaction Score
Who mentioned coach what-his-name? YOU DID!!!!

The point, which is valid, is that it is very tough to evaluate UConn wide receivers because of QB play. The truth is the truth.

Reaction Score
I have a great idea. Let's take a thread that's meant to shine the light on one of the best kids to come through our program and turn it into another anti-Edsall thread.

You guys really are unbelievable.

Lol, that is a touch sensitive. Its just a fact that we have no idea if our WR's were any good. I always thought it was funny that people questioned their talent when they dropped passes. When a decent pass came their way they had to get butterflies in their stomachs because they were thinking "this is my one big chance". It wasn't meant to be a negative post, it was actually a compliment to Kash because he looks like a such a great athlete. He didn't get a chance to shine.

I think Kash would have smiled reading my post. I am sure he thinks he could have done much more while at UConn. He is probably glad some of us realize it.

Reaction Score
Who mentioned coach what-his-name? YOU DID!!!!

The point, which is valid, is that it is very tough to evaluate UConn wide receivers because of QB play. The truth is the truth.

it's valid, but it's not like it only applies to us. Darius Heyward Bey was drafted 7th despite 600 yards his final season. Timmy Chang went undrafted despite almost 17,000 passing yards. believe it or not, NFL scouts are aware that some college offenses operate differently than others, and adjust accordingly.

Reaction Score
It's bad enough that we have a crap load of clearly labeled threads about Edsall.

What's worse is when threads that have nothing at all to do with him are hi-jacked. So yeah, I'm sensitive to that.

Reaction Score
It's bad enough that we have a crap load of clearly labeled threads about Edsall.

What's worse is when threads that have nothing at all to do with him are hi-jacked. So yeah, I'm sensitive to that.

We have threads hijacked? What threads do we have that aren't? (The answer is only those stated with the purpose of criticizing or taking a shot at Edsall.)

Reaction Score
Kash put up great numbers that should get him drafted or be a priority FA.

But that's only half the battle. His key to making an NFL team will be the things he didn't do at UConn. He needs to convince a head coach he can break tackles or make guys miss. He needs to show functional strength on the field at training camp. He needs to convince a team his quickness will translate into beating bump and run coverage and getting off the LOS.

You can only do one thing at a time. Kash made the most of this week. But the tests get tougher at every step. Making the most of training camp, doing the things in the paragraph above are key to making a roster. He's done great so far, hope he can keep it up.

Actually, priority #1 for him in terms of making a team will be to show that he can contribute on special teams

Reaction Score

You are the person who turned this thread into being about Edsall...

Reaction Score
He had the highest vertical leap out of all who attended. Very nice. Interesting to note some of the most athletic/strongest players at the combine are either from the Big East or from schools that are going to join the Big East.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
He had three 100 yard games in 2011 with McEntee/McCummings throwing him the ball. He has a good chance to make an NFL roster next year IMO.

Reaction Score
Pay no attention to that man behind the ridiculously ugly under armor sponsored curtain.

You guys suffer from PT(e)SD: Post-Tostitos Edsall Sucks Disorder!

Let's celebrate the advancement of a guy who became a vocal leader after everything went down a year ago. He deserves this moment in the sun rather than to be overshadowed by our unwillingness to leave the past in the past. Great job for Kash! He has a bright future for any NFL team he goes to. We should predict where he will be going, where is wr a big need?

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
SI WR Risers

Kashif Moore/WR/Connecticut: From a testing stand point, Moore was one of the best receivers in attendance. He posted a 40 time under 4.4 seconds, completed 19 reps on the bench press, and posted a vertical jump of 43.5 inches as well as 10 feet, 6 inches in the broad jump. Those final three marks were at or near the top of the receiver board.
Hope the nfl works out but if it doesnt please consider pro wrestling. I can see a new super fly in the making
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/02/26/combine.wr.te/index.html#ixzz1npulQs97

Reaction Score
SI WR Risers

Kashif Moore/WR/Connecticut: From a testing stand point, Moore was one of the best receivers in attendance. He posted a 40 time under 4.4 seconds, completed 19 reps on the bench press, and posted a vertical jump of 43.5 inches as well as 10 feet, 6 inches in the broad jump. Those final three marks were at or near the top of the receiver board.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/02/26/combine.wr.te/index.html#ixzz1npulQs97

He's been through a lot, and come out tougher. I think he's going to make a team and have a decent career. IMO it will come down to hands and ball security. He has the tools to be a slot receiver for someone if he can catch, and hold onto the ball.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The combine helped Kashif a good deal. I think he went from an undrafted free agent to a high priority free agent or a late round pick.
I think personally he will be a steal in the 7th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom