Karaban declares, retains NCAA eligibility | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Karaban declares, retains NCAA eligibility

Reaction Score
The thing is.. I’d bet AT LEAST one team is gonna fall in love and make him a promise..
Ask Pat Beverley how long front offices hold their promises….

Reaction Score
There is nothing to evaluate, he shot 3s near 30% 2nd half of last year. And his only NBA plus skill set is his 3 point shooting.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
He's just a year away from graduation I believe. That can also be an important factor, which is why I think he will return.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
He's just a year away from graduation I believe. That can also be an important factor, which is why I think he will return.
He can graduate any time.

Reaction Score
Are the agents players use for NIL different than who they will use in the NBA?
Yes. Theres agencies you can have as an amateur but a different type of contract needed to sign as a pro. Once that ones signed theres no turning back. He hasnt signed that one yet

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
He can graduate any time.
It's not the same. His mom stressed academics in his recruitment as a priority, and he's a smart guy taking computer science and stats classes. He is not the person that would put it on the side for a few years or more. I don't see it. He will be back for this, and to improve his play.

Reaction Score
It's not the same. His mom stressed academics in his recruitment as a priority, and he's a smart guy taking computer science and stats classes. He is not the person that would put it on the side for a few years or more. I don't see it. He will be back for this, and to improve his play.
He’s prob 85% to graduate. He’s got 5 semester plus 2 full summers.

Reaction Score
I 100% expected this. At worst, he understands what he needs to improve

Like Newton last year, I expect him to return unless he moves into the first round
Me too. Otherwise start planning on playing oversea. AK needs to improve all facets of his game. He can be NBA ready, just not this year.

Reaction Score
I think it’s 80% he comes back unless he really tears it up in pre draft workouts.

Reaction Score
I think the Hurley and staff nudged him in this direction. It helps Karaban as well as the staff to know what the NBA tells him to work on and unless he blows everyone away, he will be back for the quest for seven.

Reaction Score
He'll have some workouts, make some connections, and come back to work on his game and graduate. You never know, he may impress the right people with his BBIQ and his all-around game. Best of luck Alex.

Reaction Score
I think the Hurley and staff nudged him in this direction. It helps Karaban as well as the staff to know what the NBA tells him to work on and unless he blows everyone away, he will be back for the quest for seven.
I belive the term being used is "stairway to seven"

Reaction Score
I don't think workouts are going to help Alex. He has a very large sample size of shooting 3s in real games. He isn't going to athletically wow people under any circumstances.

You see all your buddies go pro, and it is natural to want to do so as well.

Reaction Score
The best move for him. Either find out someone wants you in the first or get exact feedback on what to work on.
Exactly what Newton did last year. He should be back

Reaction Score
If he gets first round projections he should go . Maybe early 2nd. Anything less he should come back imo.

Reaction Score
He wouldn't let the program hang by holding his scholarship and NIL. He won't screw Hurley and UConn.

I believe he'll make a full decision sooner rather than later.
Hurley is fine with it. He knows the deal and will support Karaban in doing whatever he has to do for his best interest. I'm assuming he'll take most of the next 2 months to figure out what he wants to do. There's no "screwing" here.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I‘d Like to believe you are correct. That’s the outcome I want.

Reaction Score
If you can go pro, and it's guaranteed, you go. Start making money. He can finish his college degree anytime.

Saying, no big deal, my mom is making me stay to graduate, I'll just decide to cash in on my guaranteed pro career a year later, that's insane.

He's testing the waters to see if he's got a guarantee or is comfortable enough with the feedback he receives to stay in the draft.

If he's not comfortable and receives feedback that teams want him to work on some things, he'll be back, with the added bonus that he'll graduate next year.

Reaction Score
My Two Cents- Think Momma K would like to see him finish the deal (graduation) before he moves on. Nothing to do with BB.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
My Two Cents- Think Momma K would like to see him finish the deal (graduation) before he moves on. Nothing to do with BB.
Yes that's what I said above too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom