Kara Wolters criticism | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kara Wolters criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You can't coach away fatigue, or an intestinal virus, or a groin pull, or a fractured and dislocated wrist. Even the players who were giving it their all, like Evina, just didn't have enough gas in the tank. Again I will point out that we had an emotional double overtime game on Monday night, took a flight Tuesday afternoon, had 2 days of practice, played and beat the defending champs on Friday, and then played the best and biggest team in the country on Sunday. SC had a laugher in the Elite 8, had an extra days rest, had a easier game in the FF, and were bigger and stronger. You could just watch the first 5 minutes and realize that we were spent. Could we have beaten SC? Yes, but not on Sunday night. We needed our A game, Azzi getting about 15, Evina hitting 3s, CW getting 15, and Paige having a mid 20s game. It was a matter of energy and being rested. It wasn't happening. Geno is the coach and will be in the future. I'm not ready to fire him because he only got to the Championship and didn't win. I mean, the bar is pretty high here, ya think?
Just one silly excuse after another. Players play, you win or lose a game on your merits. All of these players played multiple games, multiple days in a row prior to entering college. The fact is we lost to a tougher team, physically and mentally. And there is not a poster here who remotely thinks or is suggesting Auriemma should go; he got to the championship true and if that makes him above criticism for you, fine and fair. But that does not mean he is or should be above criticism for those who feel it is warranted. People have thoughts and opinions and to me, sharing and discussing those is one of the main purposes of sites like this. Many I am wrong and it is merely for cheerleading and excuse making.

Reaction Score
I w
The rigid starting the same 5 probably cost them also in a FF loss to ND in I think 2018

I wonder how many other losses we can hindsightedly blame on Geno? Maybe you could take on that job since you apparently have a system. Oh, I will give you a hint, no matter how hard you work at this important project, the most you will find is 150. That’s because he has had the unmitigated gall to win the other 1,149! That should make it a lot easier.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I w

I wonder how many other losses we can hindsightedly blame on Geno? Maybe you could take on that job since you apparently have a system. Oh, I will give you a hint, no matter how hard you work at this important project, the most you will find is 150. That’s because he has had the unmitigated gall to win the other 1,149! That should make it a lot easier.
1149 and 150? glad u told me this cuz when im yelling at sumone aboot genos wonderfulness, and i say 'what are u talking about? the guys got, like a thousand more wins than losses! who else does that?'
i'd be correct. good to know.

Reaction Score
Just one silly excuse after another. Players play, you win or lose a game on your merits. All of these players played multiple games, multiple days in a row prior to entering college. The fact is we lost to a tougher team, physically and mentally. And there is not a poster here who remotely thinks or is suggesting Auriemma should go; he got to the championship true and if that makes him above criticism for you, fine and fair. But that does not mean he is or should be above criticism for those who feel it is warranted. People have thoughts and opinions and to me, sharing and discussing those is one of the main purposes of sites like this. Many I am wrong and it is merely for cheerleading and excuse making.
First of all, they aren't excuses, they are facts. Give Boston a groin pull, give an intestinal virus to Henderson, take one of their other main bigs out with a fractured wrist, make the team tired by playing Stanford two days before, have a double overtime game and get one days less rest and you think the same result? No way. You don't always win or lose on your pure merits.

Did you watch the men's game? Was it meritocratic for the Carolina center to roll his ankle with a minute to go, come out of the game, and McCormack for Kansas then get the biggest offensive rebound and put back in the history of Kansas basketball. You win or lose on the basis of the team you have, the players who are healthy and the players who aren't as well as what happens in a game. We weren't winning that NC game. If the season has taught us anything it is how vulnerable you become as a team due to injuries. Did we lose the Villanova, Ga. Tech or Oregon game on the pure merits or because we were depleted by injuries and sickness? Is it your position that all 3 of those teams were better than us on the merits or just better than us in their respective games because we were injured or exhausted?

I don't think Geno is beyond criticism. I thought he was extremely reserved with the officials who were one sided viewed through any optic. I think anyone else would have been out of their minds. See I think Geno was exhausted too. I thought Evina and Caroline should have been out there most of the game until Evina's injury which is another non-meritocratic event. I was very upset the last FFs before this because I felt they were not ready and should have had those games. Here I was not upset except at the officiating. If you read prior posts you will see some called for Geno's retirement. That is what I am responding to. I think this year was one of his best jobs. Critique away. We were not winning that game.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Retire……LOL be careful what you wish for. When Geno retires UConn will become an average Big East (mid-major) team. Outside the P5 the UConn job is not all that attractive. No one wants to be the coach that follows a legend.
HA! I could name a dozen Boneyarders that would take the job (and currently believe they would do better). :D

Reaction Score
The undeniably fact is that UCONN got it’s brains beaten out under the boards.
Actual, we’re lucky the score was as close as it was.
I’m a BIG fan, but when the opponents out rebounds you two to one- you lose.
Dorka would have helped, but she wouldn’t have been enough.
Swing 10 rebounds (Dorka maybe?) from SC to UCONN and they still out rebound us.
What we need is a hard nosed, ball ripping, ultra aggressive 5 with no back down to get us the ball. Chip in with a couple of points-but just rebound.
It’s either that or hit for 55% from the field and 47% from beyond the arc ( and that ain’t gonna happen).
We gave SC to many extra possessions.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'd say he's not too wise. I've heard lots of stupid opinions in my life. We see them on here everyday. Hell I've had some myself. To think they don't exist is.....well, stupid.

Like the people who say "there are no stupid questions". Yes there are, tons of them.
I think you’re firmly in the minority here. In my opinion. Just because YOU think an opinion is stupid doesn’t mean anyone else does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom