Kara Wolters criticism | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kara Wolters criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Spin doctor is in the house! Where is the so-called great motivator? Coach? In failure throw the players under the bus. Hey, it wasn't the coaching. Someone is a genius which is an insult to the real geniuses such Einstein. Amari and Caroline should think long and hard about their future.

I don't wanna say this is a ridiculous overreaction...ok, yes I do.

Who did Geno throw under the bus again?

Reaction Score
Here is a video of Henderson’s shots.

Only one was on Paige, and that was on a fast break.

Sorry, but the anti-Paige sentiment of some people on this board makes me sick. She played good defense and led the team in rebounds. No one is perfect, but Paige is here for only two more years, and we’ll unlikely see another player like her again. As we’ll unlikely see another Stewie.

So sorry, I didn't mean to speak out on Paige. How dare I critique her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The groin injury was reported earlier in the season. A friend of mine suffered one and they had a heck of a time getting back to full strength. It's amazing how much movement is impacted when a specific muscle isn't 100%. That has to be tough.

If reports are correct, this injury to Liv was new from the Stanford game and not a re-aggravation of her previous one.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Probably because PG is not and may never be a regular player at the UConn level, and DeBerry, as Geno mentioned, wasn't ready. He's said before he's not willing to put players, particularly freshmen out there to make their bad habits permanent. DeBerry is very talented but anyone who watched her in high school knew there were motor and effort issues. She needs a different mindset and Geno sounds confident that will come.

As for her minutes in the SC game, well, it was the title game and he was desperate. I think desperation played into her court time at Georgia Tech as well.
DeBerry, as Geno mentioned, wasn't ready.
Why was she not ready? You saying the best coach and master motivator could not reach Amari? He could not motivator her? How could a so-called genius coach fail? Has to be the Amari's fault. Hey, Amari you comfortable under the bus? Yet, in desperation he plays her in the biggest game of the year and expects what? This is genius?
He's said before he's not willing to put players, particularly freshmen out there to make their bad habits permanent.
This does not happen in practice? Bovine Scatology. So the best coach ever can't reach the kid in a full season?
DeBerry is very talented but anyone who watched her in high school knew there were motor and effort issues.
And UCONN, in what, desperation recruits her expecting a miracle? How easy is it for a human's personality and value system to change? Over what period of time?
he was desperate
Finally something I can accept.

Reaction Score
It was completely valid to say that CW did not show up. She didn't. Whether it was the fatigue factor, the size, the physicality or something else, she was a shell of her former self. Contrast her to Evina. Evina had an off night but she was trying hard, playing hard, and giving it everything. Kara was right to say that CW had many games in her career where she just wasn't there. That does not detract from her season or her accomplishments, it just means that in the biggest game of her career she unfortunately grossly underperformed. I feel very bad for her because this doesn't go away.

Reaction Score
Spin doctor is in the house! Where is the so-called great motivator? Coach? In failure throw the players under the bus. Hey, it wasn't the coaching. Someone is a genius which is an insult to the real geniuses such Einstein. Amari and Caroline should think long and hard about their future.
Please tell me your not implying what I think you're implying.

Love the part about Coaching.

Reaction Score
IDK what game that you were watching, but in the game that I watched Paige played great defense, displayed great defensive effort and made some great defensive plays.
If UConn could clone Paige then they wouldn't have lost because she was all over the court.
Sorry I spoke blasphemous. Never again will I speak on Paige defense.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You either don’t have kids or you had them decades ago. Times are very different. When my youngest son, now 25, was a senior in high school marching band, he complained the freshmen didn’t do anything they were told. If the drum major or band director told the kids to do something, parents filed complaints. The drum major was brought before the Board of Ed for ”hazing“, making the entire band run a lap around the field, which he lead. A helicopter parent filed the complaint. No wonder kids feel entitled to do whatever the heck they want.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
DeBerry, as Geno mentioned, wasn't ready.
Why was she not ready? You saying the best coach and master motivator could not reach Amari? He could not motivator her? How could a so-called genius coach fail? Has to be the Amari's fault. Hey, Amari you comfortable under the bus? Yet, in desperation he plays her in the biggest game of the year and expects what? This is genius?
He's said before he's not willing to put players, particularly freshmen out there to make their bad habits permanent.
This does not happen in practice? Bovine Scatology. So the best coach ever can't reach the kid in a full season?
DeBerry is very talented but anyone who watched her in high school knew there were motor and effort issues.
And UCONN, in what, desperation recruits her expecting a miracle? How easy is it for a human's personality and value system to change? Over what period of time?
he was desperate
Finally something I can accept.
Please stop it. Most Bigs are not “college ready” their freshmen year, and in Amari’s case her entire senior year in HS was cancelled due to the pandemic. She is a very skilled player who I absolutely expect to develop into a talented college player in UConn’s system.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The game was definitely decided in the 1st five minutes of the third quarter.
Which was a reprise of the opening moments...perhaps only slightly less brutal.

CW was passive in the ist quarter, no better in the 3rd.
Olivia was injured

Geno has coached this way since I started watching prior to the Stewie era
Same starting 5 comes out to start after Half-time; effective or not.
I question whether this is the definition of genius...seems rigid and doctrinaire.

Not for me to tell him who to play, but E was playinging her heart out...not hitting shots but defending like a madwoman...Nika is Nika and Caroline was relatively effective...Give her some playing time and results will be forthcoming.

Now, its possible that Geno's explanation of Caroline's play after her injuries is correct; but I have my doubts...Could also be covering one's behind.

The reaction of my wife (not me) to the inadequate play (she's a toughie)
It's time for him to retire.

Reaction Score
Probably because PG is not and may never be a regular player at the UConn level, and DeBerry, as Geno mentioned, wasn't ready. He's said before he's not willing to put players, particularly freshmen out there to make their bad habits permanent. DeBerry is very talented but anyone who watched her in high school knew there were motor and effort issues. She needs a different mindset and Geno sounds confident that will come.

As for her minutes in the SC game, well, it was the title game and he was desperate. I think desperation played into her court time at Georgia Tech as well.
Geno confident “it will come”?
I am not criticizing your comment, but “it will come”?
From where?
Times a wasting.
One year with zero=25% of her career.
It will come?
Apparently, Geno’s approach hasn’t born fruit.
Neither has peer pressure from teammates.
Maybe putting her out there against some weak Big East opponents and let her get embarrassed and she’ll smell the coffee.
Without a HUGE turnaround on her part- there will be little or no time for her next year.
Dorka back (yippee!) and two top freshman bigs coming in and she’s frozen out.
This time next year, her career is 1/2 over.
She better step it up this off season if she wants to see any meaningful playing time.

Reaction Score
Hey guess what maybe point out how bad Paige was on the defensive end just one time. Contain Henderson and maybe just maybe we have a fighting chance. K.W. your part of the family tree so I love ya. But to tear our seniors down on the outro is sad. It was a village in that loss
Where was Mo Jefferson or Kelly Faris when we needed them - LOL - Paige flows like water on offense, and a good defender, when not hurtin , as well, but not a good defensive match up for a Henderson - you can only do what you can do.

Reaction Score
So sorry, I didn't mean to speak out on Paige. How dare I critique her.
Criticize her if you want. Paige is not perfect. She made a stupid foul on Henderson, for example. But you said, « Hey guess what maybe point out how bad Paige was on the defensive end just one time. Contain Henderson and maybe just maybe we have a fighting chance. » I posted the video to show that your statement is factually wrong. Why you said what you said, I don’t know.

I don’t like to get on the bad side of people here. I didn’t « dislike » your post. Your post reminded me that there is an anti-Paige contingent on the BY, which depresses me. I don’t know if you’re part of that contingent. Anyway, peace. May you have a great day.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Personally I think Geno was way too loyal to his seniors and way to optimistic that he only needed Dorka and Liv, particularly ii this injury plagued season. Where was Amari's development? And people wonder why UCONN does not attract the best bigs? Too many bigs is a good thing. Think Stokes, Stewart, and Steph! Take Liv out? No, have more options and support with Amari. Heck, maybe Piath given a chance could develop. As Nika once to have Plan B is always good relative to getting an education first then to go pro. CW? Comes off the bench like Evina. Frankly Geno missed the boat here. Caroline as a freshman is way better than CW.
Kiah and Steph took a few years to develop. Kiah probably better after leaving UConn. Brianna spent part of her freshman year in the dog house.

Reaction Score
I 100% agree with Kara and don’t think it’s off limits to criticize a performance. ONO gets a bit of a pass for the injury, but we needed more from her. Williams completely disappeared, which was honestly highlights the inconsistency trademark of her career. She’d have some fantastic games and some less than memorable. In a NC game, we needed our leading scorer, to score. Not rocket science.

The whole team needed to play better, not just the seniors. Trying to blame the defense of Bueckers is laughable. Could she have been better? Yes. But she’s coming off of knee surgery, how quick laterally can you expect her to be?

Williams was a senior, a top 15 all time career scorer, 4 year starter, and our most experienced player. We really needed her to step up and be that second offensive option, especially knowing Fudd was sick.

This senior class has contributed greatly to our success, and we are certainly going to look back and realize how impactful they were. But I’m excited to see the next crop of players, and see if they have that killer instinct on the biggest stage, which was missing from this particular class.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The game was definitely decided in the 1st five minutes of the third quarter.
Which was a reprise of the opening moments...perhaps only slightly less brutal.

CW was passive in the ist quarter, no better in the 3rd.
Olivia was injured

Geno has coached this way since I started watching prior to the Stewie era
Same starting 5 comes out to start after Half-time; effective or not.
I question whether this is the definition of genius...seems rigid and doctrinaire.

Not for me to tell him who to play, but E was playinging her heart out...not hitting shots but defending like a madwoman...Nika is Nika and Caroline was relatively effective...Give her some playing time and results will be forthcoming.

Now, its possible that Geno's explanation of Caroline's play after her injuries is correct; but I have my doubts...Could also be covering one's behind.

The reaction of my wife (not me) to the inadequate play (she's a toughie)
It's time for him to retire.
The rigid starting the same 5 probably cost them also in a FF loss to ND in I think 2018

Reaction Score
Criticize her if you want. Paige is not perfect. She made a stupid foul on Henderson, for example. But you said, « Hey guess what maybe point out how bad Paige was on the defensive end just one time. Contain Henderson and maybe just maybe we have a fighting chance. » I posted the video to show that your statement is factually wrong. Why you said what you said, I don’t know.

I don’t like to get on the bad side of people here. I didn’t « dislike » your post. Your post reminded me that there is an anti-Paige contingent on the BY, whi
Never can anyone on this site get on my bad side. We all love our UCONN and I truly enjoy the different perspectives. It's Just healthy debate amongst family.
I understood you video point, however I didn't agree with it. Just didn't fill the need to discuss any further.

Reaction Score
this really gets swiped under the rug a lot. Paige is a great player, but if she wants to be one of those greats such as Maya and Diana she has to improve defensively and get more physical and intense on the defensive side. A few have suggested she put on muscle, but I don't think it's a strength issue. Henderson didn't look muscular and she was a lockdown defender.
Maya, and Stewie were great defensively, but Diana was an ok defender, not great.

Reaction Score
The rigid starting the same 5 probably cost them also in a FF loss to ND in I thi

News flash to all you-it’s the coach,no it’s Paige, wait no it is not playing a player who doesn’t earn her minutes. How about the other team outplayed us, that particular day.
Think about this for a minute, all the championships except the first have one common factor. There has been an all time great player on the championship team. The 2000, Sue Bird, 2002-2004, Diana, 2009-2010, Maya, 2013-2016 Stewie.
There seems to be a pattern there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
She should have stuck with how good South Carolina was and left the criticism inside her head. She's been digging at those two seniors for the last two years. Glad they are leaving so they can find peace.
Find peace? That's hilarious. We are way too late in the game for the "my girls" crowd to have this take. When players play poorly they get criticized. And if they play like this in the pros, they will find even more peace. At home. After they get cut.

Reaction Score
Find peace? That's hilarious. We are way too late in the game for the "my girls" crowd to have this take. When players play poorly they get criticized. And if they play like this in the pros, they will find even more peace. At home. After they get cut.
No only certain ones do.

Reaction Score
She should have stuck with how good South Carolina was and left the criticism inside her head. She's been digging at those two seniors for the last two years. Glad they are leaving so they can find peace.
I disagree with you ! She did her job correctly and said it in a way that was plain and simple. The seniors disappeared in this game. It was sad to see because this game is not going to help them in the draft. I love Kara because she speaks the truth. Some people on this board don't like it when the truth is told. This is div 1 .

Reaction Score
I guess you didn’t see Paige limping around the court during the game. Kid was a warrior.
I couldn't agree more. Before she got hurt she was one of our best defenders, leading the team in steals both last year and over the first 6 games if I remember correctly. Those first 6 games were the best I've seen her defensively. She's freaking hurt folks. It clearly affected her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom