Kansas.....so what? | The Boneyard

Kansas.....so what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Got to get by Colorado and no disrespect to the Kansas team being the number one overall seed but do realize in 2014 we not only beat the tournament favorite Michigan State we not only beat the preseason number one Kentucky in the national championship we also beat the number one overall seed not once but twice and the second time in the final four in convincing fashion

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Got to get by Colorado and no disrespect to the Kansas team being the number one overall seed but do realize in 2014 we not only beat the tournament favorite Michigan State we not only beat the preseason number one Kentucky in the national championship we also beat the number one overall seed not once but twice and the second time in the final four in convincing fashion
This is what I'm sayin'! The new season starts Thursday. It's a new season for us and it's a new season for them. We have the talent to beat them. Lets's do it.

Reaction Score
Im sure there will be a lot of talk about Kansas over the next few days. I was a little upset at first to see our seeding and possible matchup with them in round 2. I just want to enjoy what happened over the weekend and then focus on Colorado. Im just happy this team finally put it together and played up to the potential we all thought they had. Imagine if they played like this from the start of the season.

Reaction Score
Im sure there will be a lot of talk about Kansas over the next few days. I was a little upset at first to see our seeding and possible matchup with them in round 2. I just want to enjoy what happened over the weekend and then focus on Colorado. Im just happy this team finally put it together and played up to the potential we all thought they had. Imagine if they played like this from the start of the season.
We made the same mistake in 2012, and then Royce White murdered us.

Focus on Colorado.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Most coaching staffs prepare for both games this week, with a primary focus on the first one. It is literally impossible to prepare for a team like Kansas in 2 days. If the coaches don't start working on game film and scouting reports for all the potential first weekend opponents minutes after the brackets are announced, they will not be able to put together a game plan should UConn win its first game.

Reaction Score
This is how I spell Kansas:

col-white-ronchenoy-2-620x412.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score

All fine and dandy in 2014 but Kansas is a nightmare matchup if we find a way past the Buffs, and I mean nightmare.

Reaction Score
All fine and dandy in 2014 but Kansas is a nightmare matchup if we find a way past the Buffs, and I mean nightmare.
I mean, aren't really all the 1s? Villanova and Xavier were the only 2s I would have been happy with too, given Michigan State fell into the 2 spot.

It's a weirdly seeded tournament, and we're a strange team. Colorado is going to be a dogfight, and if we somehow come out of that, Kansas is freaking good. But Kansas also didn't beat anyone outside of the conference that impressive, they've run roughly even with teams like Baylor who advanced metrics think we're equivalent too, and Bill Self has choked away NCAA games against teams worse than us. Once you subtract SMU and Louisville, Kenpom has us a 6 seed...so, we're dangerous for a 9.

Once again, though, Colorado's post players might kill us. We need refs who don't call ticky-tack fouls, because if we're stuck playing extended periods of Enoch-Facey-Nolan, both our offense and defense will suffer.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Everyone is talking about Kansas can we just destroy Colorado first. If we don't get by Colorado there will be no Kansas.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
If we don't get by Colorado there will be no Kansas.

Then we'd dang well better get by Colorado, because if there's no Kansas, there's a great big, kinda rectangular hole right in the middle of the country, and the next tornado that comes by is liable to suck the innards out of the whole continent through that hole. We don't want to get blamed for that.

Reaction Score
It's a weirdly seeded tournament, and we're a strange team. Colorado is going to be a dogfight, and if we somehow come out of that, Kansas is freaking good. But Kansas also didn't beat anyone outside of the conference that impressive, they've run roughly even with teams like Baylor who advanced metrics think we're equivalent too, and Bill Self has choked away NCAA games against teams worse than us. Once you subtract SMU and Louisville, Kenpom has us a 6 seed...so, we're dangerous for a 9.

It really is. Kenpom isn't the be all end all but for example Oregon and Purdue are right next to each other on Kenpom and are a 1 and a 5 in the tournament. I thought UConn was a 6 or 7 so 9 is a bit off.

You are right about our noncon it was crap by our recent standards. We had MSU beat but totally pissed that away. Overall I think KU has been playing a lot better starting with the 2nd OU game but we have stretches of completely pants on head basketball. the Baylor game in the conf tournament was weird. We had them completely beat (double digits easily) then Self subbed in deep reserves. They started pissing their pants but Self left them in there for some bizarre reason known only to him. I'm guessing he won't do that in the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
I mean, aren't really all the 1s? Villanova and Xavier were the only 2s I would have been happy with too, given Michigan State fell into the 2 spot.

Once again, though, Colorado's post players might kill us. We need refs who don't call ticky-tack fouls, because if we're stuck playing extended periods of Enoch-Facey-Nolan, both our offense and defense will suffer.

Andrew, not to poop on your post, but did you do any research at all? Kansas won their 12th Big XII championship in a row and not only won the Maui tournament but beat Kentucky (albeit at Allen Field House) and Oklahoma twice (One the classic 4 OT game and another in Stillwater. Oh, and they beat Baylor 3 times. I'm too lazy to look up their record against NCAA tourney teams this year but I can guarantee you it is damn good. This hasn't been the killer non-con schedule Kansas has played in the past but it has been tough. Oh, we also won the World Games in Korea over the past summer, but that was a lifetime ago.

Reaction Score
Andrew, not to poop on your post, but did you do any research at all? Kansas won their 12th Big XII championship in a row and not only won the Maui tournament but beat Kentucky (albeit at Allen Field House) and Oklahoma twice (One the classic 4 OT game and another in Stillwater. Oh, and they beat Baylor 3 times. I'm too lazy to look up their record against NCAA tourney teams this year but I can guarantee you it is damn good. This hasn't been the killer non-con schedule Kansas has played in the past but it has been tough. Oh, we also won the World Games in Korea over the past summer, but that was a lifetime ago.
I said non-conference games. Best nonconference win was Kentucky. Impressive, but that's only one.

Obviously, though, I'm looking for a silver lining since, if we don't get run off the court by Colorado, you guys will thoroughly trounce us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom