Kansas Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Karaban needs to find his game again. Cam was hurt but wasn't playing well before he got hurt. Clingan nees to get in shape but not sure what his offensive game is besides dunks and layups. Ball was not a negative on the floor. As I said in the thread about our beat player Tristen was was that today and the most important. Could have won that game. Should have won that game withilout Castle.
KJ Adams’ defense really took Karaban out of his game tonight.

Reaction Score
Karaban not only not scoring he’s been getting cooked on d all year. Something seriously up with him or he’s just a high floor/ low ceiling guy.

Clingan is good but he’s not lottery pick good yet. He can’t great his own offense out of nothing.

Newton is a monster.

Spencer shot too much for a guy that hurt but we had nothing going offensively so he didn’t have much choice.

Not like we were expecting much but nothing offensively from Diarra/Ball puts a lot of pressure on everyone else.

It’s one game so it’s no big deal but this reveals some weaknesses. Against teams as athletic or more athletic than us we struggle big time to create offense and we can’t guard athletic wings/forwards at all.

On to UNC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Out of all of the ways to lose (none are particularly good), but a chance to win with 16 seconds left on the road at a tough environment, speaks well of our team's toughness.

Multiple times where KU could have pushed the lead into double digits were thwarted.

Reaction Score
Great game to watch. It's actually amazing that we had a chance to win it at the end with how poorly we played outside of Newton.

1) Biggest credit goes to Kansas defense. They totally disrupted the flow of our offense, that was the key
2) Free throws killed us
3) Newton was crazy good. His heroics kept us in a game we had no business being in.
4) They made threes and we didn't
5) A loss at Kansas in December is just a learning step
6) That environment there is why I love college basketball, just great. On to UNC at MSG!

Reaction Score
Need more from Clingan. Perhaps the lack of previous high level experience is starting to show. Hopefully this will be the catalyst for a strong season.

I think it's fair to say that Tristen is our best player. Wonder if he can get close to the top 5 points scored in a season for us.

Reaction Score
Guys showed a lot of fight. Craziest atmosphere we’ll see all year, a couple of our guys get dinged up and we were in this til the last tick. A lot we can improve on, not our best game by a mile, but tons that the team can learn from. Good early season test, wish we could hold on for the win but it was a hell of a game.

Congrats to Newton - just showed a ton of NBA scouts what we all know - he’s one of the best guards in the country.

Reaction Score
That first half was TERRIBLE but these boys showed that we are legit again. Losing by 4 to Kansas in Kansas when Castle was out and Clingan and Stewart were gimpy...thus was a great game. If wr drop lower than #5 I'm gonna be p1ss3d...and I'm on meds to keep me from getting angry.

Reaction Score
We've all seen bad losses. (One of the worst was in that very building.) This wasn't one of them. Having a chance to beat #5 KU in the last possession on their home floor? I would have taken that.

Not making any excuses based on personnel & health, but I will say that I like our chances against KU on a neutral court later in the season.
First time we’ve ever played in that building. How many times does that need to be said?

Reaction Score
No one can be mad about that loss. Short handed and injured, in that place, we had a chance to win it. All you can ask for. I think Cam should have played less. Clearly hurt and 2-12 shooting, 1-7 from 3, did not help us at all. Maybe Hassan should have played more. Hopefully the guys heal up for UNC. DC did not look good either. And we can def use Castle. Proud of the guys!

Reaction Score
Hopefully Cam isn't seriously hurt
If he is hurt why are you taking the most important shots of the game. He took the asinine shot that got Karaban fouled out too.

He needs to surrender some shots to Karaban. There’s is NO reason Karaban goes shotless 5 straight possessions. Drives me nuts

Reaction Score
No idea why Clingan is getting gruff here tonight. I thought he played outstanding. He was clearly the better post player on both offensive and defense. Dickinson made some really big threes, but I think scouts left the Phog tonight very impressed with Donovan.

I’m more upset with our ball movement and the inability to find DC in the post for the majority of the game.

Also, we need AK to get outta the funk. He was NOT GOOD

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So, we had one starter missing, two others hobbled, and couldn't hit free throws and still only lost by 4 in Phog Allen. May God have mercy on Bill Self's soul if KU has to play UConn on a neutral court in March.
the karate kid GIF

Reaction Score
KJ Adams’ defense really took Karaban out of his game tonight.
Adams' athletic profile is such a tough matchup for AK.

While lacking AK's skills; Adams is stronger, quicker, and longer.

AK developing more of his dribble-drive game would do wonders. Maybe this off-season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom