Kansas Played The Committee - McCullar is OUT For The Tourney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kansas Played The Committee - McCullar is OUT For The Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know as number one overall did we have the opportunity to pick a different Region "knowing" what teams were in that region? Or did we only get to choose the location itself? I am assuming its the former.

Reaction Score
I'd hope every team that has an injury "plays" the committee. After what happened to FSU it's the only way to operate. You earn your place based on what you did during the season.

Exactly. I asked the question here of why not hide long-term injuries back when FSU got shut out of the CFP.

It unfairly punishes a team that earned it on the field. Glad programs are learning!

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
We can say that Kansas should have been in our region as the weakest 4 seed, but in reality the brackets were made a week and a half ago with only a few tweaks here and there. Even if this information had been out they wouldn't have done anything.
The selection committee needs to be completely overhauled. I'm not even talking about from UConn's perspective, just from a basketball perspective.

Reaction Score
We can say that Kansas should have been in our region as the weakest 4 seed, but in reality the brackets were made a week and a half ago with only a few tweaks here and there. Even if this information had been out they wouldn't have done anything.
The selection committee needs to be completely overhauled. I'm not even talking about from UConn's perspective, just from a basketball perspective.
if Vegas can essentially change "spreads" etc.. in seconds then the premier "Committee" of this sport should be able to invest a little more money and get some better bracket system in place too. Agreed that this was 99% done 2 weeks before the selection show.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know as number one overall did we have the opportunity to pick a different Region "knowing" what teams were in that region? Or did we only get to choose the location itself? I am assuming its the former.
No team picks anything. Everything - seeding, locations, dates - is determined by the committee.

Reaction Score
Who said that?
Posts saying Kansas should be in our region & Purdue's path is too easy (implied UConn's tougher or too hard).

To quote the immortal Jimmy Dugan (could have been all-time HR king if not freak hotel fire and resultant knee injury); "It is supposed to be hard, that's what makes it great!"

Reaction Score
Posts saying Kansas should be in our region & Purdue's path is too easy (implied UConn's tougher or too hard).

To quote the immortal Jimmy Dugan (could have been all-time HR king if not freak hotel fire and resultant knee injury); "It is supposed to be hard, that's what makes it great!"
Counterpoint: if you are the #1 overall seed, it's supposed to be easier. That's how this damn tournament is literally designed with the S-Curve

Reaction Score

None of that says McCullers being hurt is bad for UConn. You made that up to prove a point.

It’s saying a beat up Kansas is not a stronger 4 than Auburn.

Thats okay to acknowledge

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
None of that says McCullers being hurt is bad for UConn. You made that up to prove a point.

Even with McCullar Auburn is tougher. Maybe not for Purdue though.

As for "playing the committee" that's nonsense. KU fans being pretty crappy to Kevin about this. He shouldn't even need to explain, but he did.

Reaction Score

Why does Kansas not being stronger than Auburn matter but for implications to UConn!?
These aren't exactly unrelated posts about the Cavs missing Evan Moblely. Not a big deal and I tried to add a joke.
And there are responses to my post literally proving my point for me, directly saying UConn's bracket should be easier.

I'll stop since the only things worse than the whining are the whining that the whining isn't really whining and the whining about the whining.

Reaction Score
Annnnnnnd…Purdue gets another break
Considering that they have lost to FDU, St. Peter's, and North Texas while beating Texas, Yale, and the B1G the last three years - I am not sure having to place fewer Midwest P4 schools is an advantage.

Reaction Score
Considering that they have lost to FDU, St. Peter's, and North Texas while beating Texas, Yale, and the B1G the last three years - I am not sure having to place fewer Midwest P4 schools is an advantage.
Fine then give them Auburn and we’ll take Kansas.

Reaction Score
Why does Kansas not being stronger than Auburn matter but for implications to UConn!?
These aren't exactly unrelated posts about the Cavs missing Evan Moblely. Not a big deal and I tried to add a joke.
And there are responses to my post literally proving my point for me, directly saying UConn's bracket should be easier.

I'll stop since the only things worse than the whining are the whining that the whining isn't really whining and the whining about the whining.
Dude.

Being the overall number 1 seed usually comes with perks.

You usually get the weakest 4. We did not get the weakest 4.

It’s not “bad” for UConn

It’s an observation.

Our region didn’t get seeded like we were the overall number one seed.

It’s almost like they had their bracket done before Purdue lost and just gave us the title of number one seed while Purdue had the number one seed bracket.

Reaction Score
Dude.

Being the overall number 1 seed usually comes with perks.

You usually get the weakest 4. We did not get the weakest 4.

It’s not “bad” for UConn

It’s an observation.

Our region didn’t get seeded like we were the overall number one seed.

It’s almost like they had their bracket done before Purdue lost and just gave us the title of number one seed while Purdue had the number one seed bracket.

What happened to the Boneyard I used to know?
Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh!?
This could be the greatest tournament of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst.
"But Dogdeacon we are supposed to get perks, Dogdeacon we should line up to play the weakest #4 not the strongest.
Dogdeacon our region isn't seeded as if we are the #1"

"Ooh we are afraid to play Auburn and Iowa St or Illinois, we might get in trouble."
Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me, I'm not gonna take this.
Stetson? dead men, Northwestern or Florida Atlantic?! Dead. Auburn?

Reaction Score
What happened to the Boneyard I used to know?
Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh!?
This could be the greatest tournament of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst.
"But Dogdeacon we are supposed to get perks, Dogdeacon we should line up to play the weakest #4 not the strongest.
Dogdeacon our region isn't seeded as if we are the #1"

"Ooh we are afraid to play Auburn and Iowa St or Illinois, we might get in trouble."
Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me, I'm not gonna take this.
Stetson? dead men, Northwestern or Florida Atlantic?! Dead. Auburn?
You are waaaaaaaaaaay gone.

You’re again creating an argument that no one is making.

No one is afraid.

Just pointing out how horrible a job the committee did

Reaction Score
You are waaaaaaaaaaay gone.

You’re again creating an argument that no one is making.

No one is afraid.

Just pointing out how horrible a job the committee did
Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball!

Reaction Score
Well, here's a taste of my bracket:

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 8.02.26 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members