Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis Retiring (merged) | The Boneyard

Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis Retiring (merged)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Now that her playing career has come to a close, she turns the page on the next chapter of her life. I think she would be a good assistant coach for a high-school or college-level program. Will we see an announcement later this summer that she has been hired as an assistant? I hope so if that is the career path she chooses to take.

Reaction Score
Now that her playing career has come to a close, she turns the page on the next chapter of her life. I think she would be a good assistant coach for a high-school or college-level program. Will we see an announcement later this summer that she has been hired as an assistant? I hope so if that is the career path she chooses to take.
I was thinking the same thing. KML would be, if that is her goal, an excellent skills development coach or assistant coach for a high school or college program.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. KML would be, if that is her goal, an excellent skills development coach or assistant coach for a high school or college program.
Mr. Bean.........I'm really hoping we have not seen the last of KLM in some capacity connected to women's basketball. She is the recipient of a lot of coaching, nurturing, and tutoring. Perhaps now it's time to give some of it back/pass it on to others hoping to follow in her footsteps. :) She would also be good to have on a recruiting team as she has major name recognition.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I’ve think she is the most underrated Husky for the entire Auriemma Era.
Her or Ralph IMO. Her WNBA career didn't take off and she was in Stewie's era which is partially why I think she's overlooked, but her resume and accomplishments speak for themselves. She was almost 50/45/90 for her career at UCONN, was a top 3 scorer every season, and won 3 titles. Really impressive run at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Favorite Kaleena moment : second half vs. South Carolina, February, 2015. Gampel. pass to KML on the wing. Tiffany Mitchell grabs her right arm. In one motion Kaleena flicks the right arm and Tiffany Mitchell can’t hold on as KML hits the three.

Reaction Score
Favorite Kaleena moment : second half vs. South Carolina, February, 2015. Gampel. pass to KML on the wing. Tiffany Mitchell grabs her right arm. In one motion Kaleena flicks the right arm and Tiffany Mitchell can’t hold on as KML hits the three.
She was big in that game. I think she had 5 threes including the back-breaker halfway through the first half where Mo drove to the hoop to draw the defense and then kicked to a wide open KML to put the Huskies up 36-19 or something like that. That was the game in the blizzard.

Reaction Score
Her or Ralph IMO. Her WNBA career didn't take off and she was in Stewie's era which is partially why I think she's overlooked, but her resume and accomplishments speak for themselves. She was almost 50/45/90 for her career at UCONN, was a top 3 scorer every season, and won 3 titles. Really impressive run at UCONN.
Regarding Shea it requires focus on one glorious season (2000) when Shea Ralph was the best player in WCBB and delivered start to finish. A few years ago Geno said something like :
“ But with Shea Ralph it was different. She’d walk on the court, look at you, and you knew right away it was game over.”
Point being that Shea Ralph was never underrated.

Reaction Score
She was big in that game. I think she had 5 threes including the back-breaker halfway through the first half where Mo drove to the hoop to draw the defense and then kicked to a wide open KML to put the Huskies up 36-19 or something like that. That was the game in the blizzard.
What a night. Moriah breaking defender’s ankles. Smooth, immovable Morgan. Stewey flying around all night. UConn emphatically demonstrated its core self that evening : Geno’s game is light years ahead of yours.

Reaction Score
What a night. Moriah breaking defender’s ankles. Smooth, immovable Morgan. Stewey flying around all night. UConn emphatically demonstrated its core self that evening : Geno’s game is light years ahead of yours.
Don't forget Morgan's 3s that night - a couple in the first half including a bank shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom