Kalana Greene Waived | The Boneyard

Kalana Greene Waived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was holding my breath, hoping that she would make the cut. She has always been one of my favorite underrated Huskies. Hopefully, another team will pick her up.

I get mixed signals regarding the financial strength and condition of the W, but I hope expansion is not too far off. There is just too much talent not playing right now. Players like Kalana would definitely be playing if a 13th or 14th team was around.

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm surprised. I know that Kalana didn't play much here last year and she was not aggressive offensively with the Sun. However, she looked good in the game that I saw against Minny and had decent numbers in other games. She is not the worst player on the Mystics, by any means. Maybe the difference between her salary and a rookie salary (maybe all of $30K) was a key. I know that Coach Mike liked her. I think she'll get picked up.

I also noted that Blake Dietrick was waived and then picked up by L.A. I liked her at Princeton, but WNBA play is so far beyond Ivy League ball. I'd love to see her improve and make a pro team.

Reaction Score
I was concerned she would be a cut. She only had nine points and eleven rebounds in 20 games for the Mystics. That's too bad but I'm sure she'll get a shot with someone.

Reaction Score
Maybe a spot will open up among the assistants on the UConn bench for Ms Greene to occupy if, in fact, this signals the end of her overall pro career.

Reaction Score
I was holding my breath, hoping that she would make the cut. She has always been one of my favorite underrated Huskies. Hopefully, another team will pick her up.

I get mixed signals regarding the financial strength and condition of the W, but I hope expansion is not too far off. There is just too much talent not playing right now. Players like Kalana would definitely be playing if a 13th or 14th team was around.

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/
Yeah, they need to add a couple of more teams to the league. A lot of good players out of basketball...

Reaction Score
I'm surprised. I know that Kalana didn't play much here last year and she was not aggressive offensively with the Sun. However, she looked good in the game that I saw against Minny and had decent numbers in other games. She is not the worst player on the Mystics, by any means. Maybe the difference between her salary and a rookie salary (maybe all of $30K) was a key. I know that Coach Mike liked her. I think she'll get picked up.

I also noted that Blake Dietrick was waived and then picked up by L.A. I liked her at Princeton, but WNBA play is so far beyond Ivy League ball. I'd love to see her improve and make a pro team.
I was hoping Blake would make it. LA also picked up Angel Goodrich. They must think they need a point guard to run the team.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer