Kaili McLaren | The Boneyard

Kaili McLaren

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
AFFE73ED-44B5-4560-B2D5-4368B014E378.jpeg

Reaction Score
I loved Kaili as a player. But I remember unhappily that because of her size, she always got called for fouls she didn't commit.

Reaction Score
They told a story during the game about how Kaili bumped into Geno on a recruiting trip and he offered her a ride back on his Plane (!!). She had a rental car she needed to return, so she didn't take advantage of the offer. Evidently, when Providence Coach Erin Batth found out she yelled at her and said "Next time, take the plane ride!"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They told a story during the game about how Kaili bumped into Geno on a recruiting trip and he offered her a ride back on his Plane (!!). She had a rental car she needed to return, so she didn't take advantage of the offer. Evidently, when Providence Coach Erin Batth found out she yelled at her and said "Next time, take the plane ride!"
I was just going to post the same thing! It was a funny story. "Whenever someone offers you a ride on their private jet the correct answer is always yes." :D

Reaction Score
Wonderful. I wonder how many former players or coaches here became coaches somewhere else or worked in womens basketball because of the impact it had or the love of the game it instilled in them. I bet a ton. As Kara Wolters said last night on the pre-game, the UCONN experience with Geno are the best years of your life although you may not know it at the time.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Auriemma's (owned) private jet or a private charter? My guess is charter.

Reaction Score
I loved Kaili as a player. But I remember unhappily that because of her size, she always got called for fouls she didn't commit.
Hmmm. Kaili’s size did contribute the number of fouls she was called for but I suspect that the name “UConn” on her jersey was equally responsible. Based upon my personal observation I would guess that UConn has led D1 schools in phantom foul calls for years. During half time of the Oklahoma vs Kansas State game last night Rebecca Lobo commented that UConn needs to reduce the number of fouls called against them. The number of fouls they have been called a for this season is very high. While I suspect that freshmen defensive inexperience has contributed to an increase fouls the continuance of phantom fouls cannot be denied. (And we haven’t even played South Carolina yet.) Kaili may have been the original Nika. :)

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Kaili’s size did contribute the number of fouls she was called for but I suspect that the name “UConn” on her jersey was equally responsible. Based upon my personal observation I would guess that UConn has led D1 schools in phantom foul calls for years. During half time of the Oklahoma vs Kansas State game last night Rebecca Lobo commented that UConn needs to reduce the number of fouls called against them. The number of fouls they have been called a for this season is very high. While I suspect that freshmen defensive inexperience has contributed to an increase fouls the continuance of phantom fouls cannot be denied. (And we haven’t even played South Carolina yet.) Kaili may have been the original Nika. :)
I think we deserve most of the calls on us... it's the ones against us that the refs miss that bother me more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom