Kaela Davis' Brother Verbals to Tenn | The Boneyard

Kaela Davis' Brother Verbals to Tenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'll be shocked if Kaela doesn't follow her brother to Tenn as well. I'm surprised they didn't do it at the same time. However, Keil Moore tweeted that Kaela is a long way from making a decision.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I imagine Kaela is waiting to see if Tennessee has a dumpster fire of a season. If they do, I imagine she won't follow her brother. If they seem headed in the right direction, she will probably commit like she initially intended to.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Very interesting development. A near guarantee that she will go to UT. I would be shocked to see her go elsewhere. If UT can land Russell that will be one heck of a class.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Why would you be guaranteed to go to the same school your brother went? They have different situations, and if they're getting good advice will do what's best for them individually. Which might or might not entail going to the same school.

Agree that if Tennessee lands Russell and Davis, that would be a huge coup and put them right back in the thick of things.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dont see why one would consider Davis a lock to Tenn just because her brother commits there. My Sister is two years ahead of me..... and I went 1,000 miles west of her to college......... None of my friends went to the same college as their siblings.... well... only one did. Maybe things are different because they are twins..

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dont see why one would consider Davis a lock to Tenn just because her brother commits there. My Sister is two years ahead of me..... and I went 1,000 miles west of her to college......... None of my friends went to the same college as their siblings.... well... only one did. Maybe things are different because they are twins..

The same reason people want to believe that Sierra Calhoun is a lock for UConn because her brother Omar is there.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The same reason people want to believe that Sierra Calhoun is a lock for UConn because her brother Omar is there.

Omar and Sierra's father has spoken publicly to the point that the family's desire is that they end up at the same school. Unless Kaela or someone close to her has said something similar regarding their situation, I wouldn't characterize it as analogous.

Edit: link to Mr. Calhoun's comments:

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2011/10/sierra-calhoun-update.html?m=1

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I made the statement about Kaela joining her brother because until recently Kaela's dream school has been Tenn. Her family has close ties to Tenn and the family made regular visits to UT and participated in numerous unofficial events. The family has been extremely close to Pat Summitt. Also one of Kaela's close confidant and mentor is none other then Candace Parker. All roads lead to Knoxville.

I do think that Tenn has to land a couple of more recruits before Kaela pulls her trigger and if they're unable to, she could go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
reading between the lines on twitter, it looks like Russell will be at Tennessee.

Reaction Score
reading between the lines on twitter, it looks like Russell will be at Tennessee.
I wonder if the suicide rate will spike in Louisville if indeed Russell does go to Knutsville.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I wonder if the suicide rate will spike in Louisville if indeed Russell does go to Knutsville.
If crazy, over-the-top, passionate fans actually committed suicide over women's college basketball, there wouldn't be much more than an echo in here.

Reaction Score
I'll be shocked if Kaela doesn't follow her brother to Tenn as well. I'm surprised they didn't do it at the same time. However, Keil Moore tweeted that Kaela is a long way from making a decision.

Translation: She is just waiting to be $chmoozed. " Sorry, no ESPN tours available in the K-town -- Moose out front should have told you -- but we can set you up for a visit to Dollywood!"

Reaction Score
"Sorry, no ESPN tours available in the K-town -- Moose out front should have told you..."
Moose out front vaiting vit Boris, Natasha, and many KGB goodfellas so to make sure Ivana Stepovaya not defecting to Tennessee.

soul_brothers.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the LV fans take it more seriously and would be despondent if she winds up at L'ville. One can hope. :D

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is Tenn still in the mix for Harper? I predict that Russell, Davis and Harper land at the Berry Farm.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Is Tenn still in the mix for Harper? I predict that Russell, Davis and Harper land at the Berry Farm.

If they pulled off that triple, I would have to give serious kudos to Holly and staff. That would be an even more masterful recruiting job (just given the circumstances) than Geno and CD getting Bre, Mo, and Tuck in 2012. If I had a daughter in the class of 2013 or 2014, I'd be strongly encouraging a wait and see approach if she were considering the LVs.

Reaction Score
Back when Kaila decommitted, there were hints that her mother was making demands as to who else Tenn should sign, meaning that she wanted her daughter to be the featured player on the team. So perhaps Mrs Davis (and she has control until Kaila turns 18) is waiting to see where Russell goes. Or some other recruit?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If they pulled off that triple, I would have to give serious kudos to Holly and staff. That would be an even more masterful recruiting job (just given the circumstances) than Geno and CD getting Bre, Mo, and Tuck in 2012. If I had a daughter in the class of 2013 or 2014, I'd be strongly encouraging a wait and see approach if she were considering the LVs.

Throw in Tucker, who hopefully will be healed for her freshman season at UT, and that would be four top 10 players, which would certainly make UT very relevant.

I have never bought into this theory that once Pat stepped down that there would be a collapse in Knoxville. Pat developed one of the greatest brands in sports history and that brand still carries a lot of influence with these young players who grew up watching LV basketball.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Three words: Gene Delle Donne.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tenn is at Kaela's HS today.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Throw in Tucker, who hopefully will be healed for her freshman season at UT, and that would be four top 10 players, which would certainly make UT very relevant.

I have never bought into this theory that once Pat stepped down that there would be a collapse in Knoxville. Pat developed one of the greatest brands in sports history and that brand still carries a lot of influence with these young players who grew up watching LV basketball.

We will agree on this.

And I will raise you one.

The moment that Holly feels that she is The Coach, no longer in Pat's shadow, I would expect Geno's phone to ring with Holly suggesting that The Great WCBB Rivalry be renewed.

Reaction Score
We will agree on this.

And I will raise you one.

The moment that Holly feels that she is The Coach, no longer in Pat's shadow, I would expect Geno's phone to ring with Holly suggesting that The Great WCBB Rivalry be renewed.

When (if) Holly does...we'll know she thinks UT is relevant again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom