Kadary Richmond to transfer portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond to transfer portal

Reaction Score
Where was that ever confirmed?
Don't think it was ever officially confirmed but all the Holloway quotes made it sound really fishy. Could end up being false but I don't really see a fit at UConn for him

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Don't think it was ever officially confirmed but all the Holloway quotes made it sound really fishy. Could end up being false but I don't really see a fit at UConn for him
Seton Halls NIL situation is supposedly terrible. Wherever he ends up , money will be the least of his concerns, so I'm assuming that won't be a problem.

Reaction Score

Here's an unbiased, statistical take. But go off. Everyone outside of this board thinks the kid is a top transfer. The takes here are absurd.

Not sure it constitutes "going off" to say we'd be better off passing on a me-first bricklayer who supposedly caused locker room issues but . . . . go off, I guess. Like I said, some of you have a very weird sense of what a roster should look like.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how Slick Rick is able to manage all of the personalities on his team next year

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not sure it constitutes "going off" to say we'd be better off passing on a me-first bricklayer who supposedly caused locker room issues but . . . . go off, I guess. Like I said, some of you have a very weird sense of what a roster should look like.
We won back to back titles with guard/wings who can't shoot, but are elite defensively, and create well off the dribble. You can afford one guy like that if you put the right team around them, we're literally evidence of that. The kid is a great college player by every metric, calling him a brick layer is disingenuous, but you know that.

The only legit concern here is character stuff, but that's all unfounded rumors as far as we're concerned.

Reaction Score
Surprised people have any interest to see him in a UConn uniform. Great ISO player but the antithesis of the "RKG" Hurley keeps telling us he's looking for.

And Hurley won the last two seasons with his kind of guys

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
College sports fanatics can make up any rumor about a player/coach and folks will run with it
It’s crazy. They’re the same kind of people who believe the fake insiders, say something with confidence and many people will believe it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Also for all my defense of Kadary, I don’t think we’ll reach out, I just think all the push back is based on fantasy and false narratives. Especially anyone who thinks the kid isn’t a good basketball player.

Reaction Score
This is a weird thing to say unless you know the kid personally.
He didn't say anything about his personality. Said his game doesn't fit the way Hurley runs his offense. What's wrong with saying that? We've all seen Richmond play a lot. It's not like we're making assumptions there.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He didn't say anything about his personality. Said his game doesn't fit the way Hurley runs his offense. What's wrong with saying that? We've all seen Richmond play a lot. It's not like we're making assumptions there.
Well that's even worse considering Jackson Jr. and Castle.

Reaction Score
Huge pass.
Some players just don't fit our style, or the way Hurley builds a team. This is one of them.
This is a weird thing to say unless you know the kid personally.
He doesn't move without the ball. He stands with his hands on his knees.

He's a good player. He's like a lion or tiger who just lazes around the savannah conserving energy before pouncing into action at the right moment for a steal or to explode to the rim for an And-1.

Our offense is a euphony of movement and activity. He's not a fit.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Here's an unbiased, statistical take. But go off. Everyone outside of this board thinks the kid is a top transfer. The takes here are absurd.

Sir, he is embarking off to his third team.

Not a smart fit, culturally.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He doesn't move without the ball. He stands with his hands on his knees.

He's a good player. He's like a lion or tiger who just lazes around the savannah conserving energy before pouncing into action at the right moment for a steal or to explode to the rim for an And-1.

Our offense is a euphony of movement and activity. He's not a fit.
If people can see the vision with Reed after what I watched of his Michigan film, they should also believe our staff can coach those bad habits out of Kadary.

Reaction Score
He had his chance to come here when he left Cuse. Our program has been elevated to another level since he went to Seton Hall. Zero reason to bring this guy in, not a fit for our program. Perfect “me first” Pitino player. I hear Arkansas is also looking for a team and they have some big NIL $$

Reaction Score
No thanks. We re not dumb. Not going to jump at every carrot

Reaction Score
Also for all my defense of Kadary, I don’t think we’ll reach out, I just think all the push back is based on fantasy and false narratives. Especially anyone who thinks the kid isn’t a good basketball player.

Right, except for the fact that no one has said he’s not a good basketball player. It is, frankly, far crazier for you to be thinking he’d be a fit for the program.

Reaction Score
He's a great basketball player, just not a fit for us.
If DH thinks he fits, he'll contact him. Otherwise, he won't.
He's high usage, and poor defense (that's the Andre/Castle difference)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom