Just How Bad Is Duke? | The Boneyard

Just How Bad Is Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Tonight versus ND, they feature horrible floor spacing, poor rebounding, bad defense (if any), and more passes thrown directly into ND hands than would be acceptable in a junior high game. Can they really be this bad? Number 11 in the great USA? Really?

Reaction Score
ND up 52-33 with 10 min left. ND has 24 points on 3's, Duke has none. Greenwell just picked up her 4th foul.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well Duke plays ONLY zone. That's it. Never change up the defense. No excuse to stick with something 24/7 especially when it's working. McCallie is just way to stubborn to listen to anyone else or do things any other way than her way.

Reaction Score
I dunno. How bad is Louisville? Duke beat them 66-58.
How bad are UNC, Syracuse, Miami, Kentucky, and Oklahoma? Duke beat them too.
How bad is South Carolina? Duke lost on a buzzer beater to them 51-50.

Reaction Score
Well Duke plays ONLY zone. That's it. Never change up the defense. No excuse to stick with something 24/7 especially when it's working. McCallie is just way to stubborn to listen to anyone else or do things any other way than her way.
Well I guess it won't do any good to get her some shoe advice from Kim then....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well I guess it won't do any good to get her some shoe advice from Kim then....
I haven't watched Baylor. Do they ever play anything besides zone? I can't speak for teams I don't see that often, but on the other hand, Baylor has one loss - an early one to Kentucky. Duke is about to have 7 losses with a horrible one to BC when they stayed in the zone for 40 minutes and BC shot themselves to a win from beyond the arc.

My point was that if you ONLY know how to do one thing, teams will figure out how to beat you. Really good teams like UCONN and ND play man, zone, box and 1, face guard the other teams' best player, etc etc on defense. UCONN would not have the best defense in the nation if the ONLY played one kind...

Reaction Score
I'm impressed that Notre Dame has 7 blocks to Duke's 1 block

Reaction Score
I dunno. How bad is Louisville? Duke beat them 66-58.
How bad are UNC, Syracuse, Miami, Kentucky, and Oklahoma? Duke beat them too.
How bad is South Carolina? Duke lost on a buzzer beater to them 51-50.
Bad, all. It's gonna come down to us & ND

Reaction Score
Same gameplan no matter who they play. No creativity within the gameplan and no in game adjustments. Against elite teams we play well for 10-15 minutes and that's solely on the talent of our players, Joanne fails to make in game adjustments and that's why we'll continuously see ourself falling behind to elite teams. This is really starting to get under my skin as well. I'm a 20 year old male whose lived in Texas my entire life but bleeds Duke basketball. I started following the womens program when I came across aleana Beard and to see that to what I'm seeing now is disappointing to say the least. I've been around/played basketball since the age of two and I'm 95% sure I could out coach Joanne just because my love for the game wouldn't accept using the same DAMN gameplan against every team. Sorry for the rant, but this is honestly freaking ridiculous.

Reaction Score
everyone is playing for 2nd place. It is a very weak year- Duke a top ten team ? Notre Dame a top 5 ?

next year there should be much more competition -Notre Dame, Duke, Tennessee, Baylor,Louisville and maybe Texas,

Reaction Score
everyone is playing for 2nd place. It is a very weak year- Duke a top ten team ? Notre Dame a top 5 ?

next year there should be much more competition -Notre Dame, Duke, Tennessee, Baylor,Louisville and maybe Texas,
Add so Carolina and maryland. Terps have 1 senior.
Don't forget improving PAC.

Reaction Score
Besides everything else Duke had no defensive energy in the second half. Why is that woman coaching? She'll probably ruin Salvadores next year. And, of course, a Duke game would not be complete without Joanne P throwing the players under the bus. What a colossal waste of talent.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Next year should be much more competitive. Uconn returns their boatload of talent, Duke inherits another good class, Tennessee has Russell and DeShields, Baylor returns most of their players and get in 2 good posts and Alexis Jones. Oregon State returns everyone, Louisville's stud freshmen will be joined by Durr, Texas will be good, Notre Dame returns all starters and brings in a good class, UNC will be older, Maryland has lots of returning talent, SC returns Mitchell/Wilson/Coates, A&M has talent coming back, Texas gets a good class, etc.

Reaction Score
It must be a pleasure to coach at the schools that score Grade A recruits because of the name of the school.

How Geno was able to build and maintain this Leviathan of a program is truly a testament to him, CD and co.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Homer-Walks-Into-Bar-and-Leaves.gif

Reaction Score
The threes weren't falling. That happens.

Duke has one player that averages one 3 pointer made per game, and Notre Dame was playing a diamond and one on her. Duke has one good outside shooter, it wasn't just an off night.

HGN

Reaction Score
Triad, I don't know how else to put this but to just say , it ain't looking good. With Georgia Tech and NC yet to play before the ACC Tournament you could have 2 more losses before NCAA Tournament Selection. I wish you guys luck because I do think the team has talent.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Dukes 2 biggest problem is they lack ball handlers and guards. With Sierra Calhoun leaving they are hurting for good guard play. Having all that height without athletisim does you no good when you have no one who can get the ball inside to your bigs and bigs who cant handle the ball. Geno has a lot of very good ball handlers who can create. Duke doesn't. MD is imo in the same boat but MD does have some good ball handlers. ND last nite showed they are not as good as they have been the last few years however they are still good. Once again its UConn and everybody else.

Reaction Score
Tonight versus ND, they feature horrible floor spacing, poor rebounding, bad defense (if any), and more passes thrown directly into ND hands than would be acceptable in a junior high game. Can they really be this bad? Number 11 in the great USA? Really?
and yet they only lost by 13 on a hostile court? Doesn't say much for the winner either!

Reaction Score
Next year should be much more competitive. Uconn returns their boatload of talent, Duke inherits another good class, Tennessee has Russell and DeShields, Baylor returns most of their players and get in 2 good posts and Alexis Jones. Oregon State returns everyone, Louisville's stud freshmen will be joined by Durr, Texas will be good, Notre Dame returns all starters and brings in a good class, UNC will be older, Maryland has lots of returning talent, SC returns Mitchell/Wilson/Coates, A&M has talent coming back, Texas gets a good class, etc.
and Stewie will be a senior and will not be denied!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
BBallnut90 Tenn once again has the talent and next season with DD and MR you have two really good go to players Question mark will be Mercedes. Will her injuries linger...again. She has been injured prone. Next question Tenn loses a lot ( Burdick, Massingale, Harrison) can DD make up for that and will Mercedes be healthly. Tenn will need someone besides DD to put up double digits consistently. Mercedes could be that player if healthy and perhaps Graves. That's what Tenn will need imo to be a top 4 team. Then there is getting by SC. Who imo doesn't really have a great class coming in, but do have a good nucleus coming back. DD is proven she will need help from the players that surround her. Mercedes will need to be healthy If so Tenn could be very good. Mercedes health will be the key.

Durr will be a great help to LVille however LVille still lacks a big in the middle. They also lose a lot (Shimmel, Hammond and Bria Smith)

Baylor should be very good but will lack experience in the middle. They are young and with the bigs coming in next season could make some noise.

ND will be good imo a 3-5 in the polls.

UNC is always talented but defensively just doesn't cut it every year and you can put Duke in that class too.

Duke needs good ball handlers and guards and if they get'em they will lack experience. Williams graduates but they do have the height to replace her but do they have the talent on the outside to make for a good inside outside game. I don't think so.

Oregon St will be very good next season. I like this team. They have talent and size. They need a good recruiting class.

Still next season UConn brings in another great class that Geno will work into the lineup but not have to depend on. Stewart (senior) Mojeff (sr) Tuck (jr) Nurse(soph) Chong(jr) makes UConn number 1 again. Bring in Natalie Butler 6'5 transfer (soph) from GTown who averaged a double double in the Big East, Samuelson shooting 56% from trey HS POY. Collier who could be the best player in the class and Boykin and UConn is rebuilding for the following season and beyond. Next season I like UConn ND SC and Baylor my top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom