Just hope team isn’t peaking too early | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just hope team isn’t peaking too early

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
this team has not found it's ceiling yet, wait until the BET starts the madness will be fun

Reaction Score
Loved today’s game, firing on all cylinders. However lot of bb to be played. I wouldn’t mind a mid February stumble or two and then heat it up for the end of season, BET and the dance.

I’m thinking how the Kemba team and last year’s team hit the dance in peak performance. Fingers crossed.
I love that they’re finding ways to win short staffed, injured, in foul trouble, with a freshman. Spencer and Newton are finding new ways to score with the short pull-up jumpers. I don’t think they’ve peaked but have responded AMAZINGLY well to that target on their back all the while. This all bodes well for March I think but I’m savouring every moment of this season. In my wildest dreams I didn’t think they’d be this good.

Reaction Score
Loved today’s game, firing on all cylinders. However lot of bb to be played. I wouldn’t mind a mid February stumble or two and then heat it up for the end of season, BET and the dance.

I’m thinking how the Kemba team and last year’s team hit the dance in peak performance. Fingers crossed.

Geez I don’t think we’re that close to peaking. I mean the last 2 have been absolute dogfights and our kids worked their tails off for W’s. Clingan needs to smarten up, Johnson too if we’re going to peak. Different people making plays and while there were spurts of solid offense by no means Was it pretty.

There’s room for “peaking” and that’s a good thing.

Reaction Score
You could argue at any given moment that about 5 different guys are our second best player. That says it all.
Same could be said for picking our first best player. It’s like picking your favorite child.

Reaction Score
Our 5s sucked today and we were missing maybe our 2nd best player. We ain't peaking, or close to it
There is a kind of tightness (tight in a good way) to the group when they have to play limited. Not to say that we aren't better off with a fully functional 8 deep team- far from it, but you can see a similar phenomenon with some nba teams when their stars are out for a few games.

Reaction Score
The scary thing is this team is far from peaking. Their ceiling, assuming everyone is at full health and playing well, is absurdly high. Think about it. We haven’t seen a game yet w everyone healthy, hitting threes, with a dominant Donovan and this version of Steph! Insane.

Reaction Score
I think Donovan can get better but we have so much quality on this team that the big challenge is just to keep everyone in one piece. Then we allow our top notch staff to scout and plan everyone else’s destruction as they play us. We have a good team and they have shown resilience when playing without key pieces. Can’t say more.

Reaction Score
Xavier is probably as close to a perfect/peaked game we will have all year. But I don't think we've "peaked" at all

No AK tonight & quiet Clingan @ SJU
Ugly rock fight vs. PC with really bad shooting splits
Xavier - perfect game
@ Nova - Newton carried us, most guys had bad games
Creighton - 35% FG / 26% 3P, really bad offensive game but carried by a defensive masterclass
Georgetown is Georgetown
And then didn't have Clingan before that

Imagine a team with a confident Castle and Clingan not glued to the bench.

We have the tough part of the schedule coming up. vs. Marquette, @ Creighton, @ Marquette, @ Providence in the last 3 weeks of the season. I don't want too many bumps and bruises, but that will be the toughest stretch

Reaction Score

I actually think I'd rather dominate the regular season from start to finish than do the Kemba thing of getting badly exposed in February before righting the ship.

Reaction Score

C838D863-B658-4EC5-929B-03DAEE47DFA2.png

Reaction Score
They played poorly relatively speaking. There is another whole gear if Clingan can stay on the floor, AK is healthy, Cam being Cam, Newton settling down a bit, and Castle starting to really come into his own. Games like SJ remind them they need to still get tighter.

Reaction Score
Have we even played 10 games with our full roster? We need to get Clingan some work in the post so he can attack these bigs back that are putting him in foul trouble every game. If they're gonna try and get a quick two fouls on him, we've got to be willing to attack back.

Reaction Score
Clingan and Samson combined for 8 points

AK didn’t play

Yeah we may be peaking

And that means it must be downhill from here

Man what a silly OP

Reaction Score
I think some of y'all have let the lulls and struggles of past championship seasons convince y'all into thinking thats how the regular season should be, it's ok to be consistently good/great all year long
Some of our fanbase seem to like us as the underdog/little engine that could, I'll never understand it. I want to be #1 all season.

Reaction Score
Some of our fanbase seem to like us as the underdog/little engine that could, I'll never understand it. I want to be #1 all season.
Fear of expectations. It’s emotionally safer to feel like the overachieving underdog and therefore it’s emotionally safer if we don’t make a deep run

New Englanders are that kind of insecure

Reaction Score
To the OP, health is the key every season. We've had some amazing team's like Dyson's and Price's that were derailed by injuries. Key is to let guys heal and use our bench as much as possible. Don't wear guys out.

Reaction Score
Amen, SJ. What is peaking? It’s some made up chicken little worry, right along with that doooomed nonsense.

The 99 team didn’t have a lull. Their 2 losses were very explainable, one with Rip being out…..and we’ve already played significant time against quad 1s without Donny, Steph and now AK. Puff your chest out and ride the wave, people.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom