Just got home from the game | The Boneyard

Just got home from the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
How good is this team. Well we're not shooting well from the outside and we won by 40+. We did it with defense. Between our ability to create turnovers, our shot blocking and out ability to reek havoc on our opponent's we win big. Tuck said it best...if they can't score they can't win. That's exactly why UConn is winning and winning big. Today with Stef and Breanna getting fewer minutes because of foul trouble UConn won big again. Other teams cant do that. UConn keeps rolling. The key is UConn knows how to play the game and it all starts with defense. The first half was kinda funny.. The refs were making calls and not making calls and both stunk. The second half was a different game. Now I know some of you are concerned about the Baylor game. Why I don't know. I'm not. UConn by 25 and as terrific as Sims is she cant win the game for them. The only difference in the game will be how well UConn shoots the ball and if they shoot it well the game could be over early. If they don't they will grind it out.

A big thanks to Harbor Yard today they did a fantastic job and I heard they are looking to bring UConn back for more then one game next season. I would also like to thank the Kibitzers for a lovely evening with friends.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tony

i' m really worried about the Baylor game.
If ever there was a time that the team is ready for a comeuppance, this is the moment.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Tony

If ever there was a time that the team is ready for a comeuppance, this is the moment.
Why? A feeling?

Please tell me how Baylor can win this game.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Why? A feeling?

Please tell me how Baylor can win this game.

Well Simms scoring 75 might do the trick. All joking aside, ill be interested to see how well uconn is able to shut Simms down. so far no one has

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Tony, i' m really worried about the Baylor game.
come·up·pance
kəˈməpəns, noun, informal
1.A punishment or fate that someone deserves.

Synonyms: just deserts, just punishment, due, retribution, requital, what's coming to one
----
1. Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I think “comeuppance” neither implies what you probably meant, nor applies to UConn. But if that really is the basis of your worry, you can relax. The team’s behavior has been exemplary. If some form of cosmic justice is now going to start effecting games – no sweat, UConn will do just fine.

2. On the other hand, I would entirely agree, if you’re worried zealous UConn fans are overdue for their just desserts. Worries me all the time. In fact, I just grabbed another piece of pie.
;)

Last edited:

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Tony

Vintage and predictable post.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
If you are really worried about Baylor now- and I think Odyssey is almost as good at her position as Stewie is at her position- it still boggles me that they lost a game last year. The refs and these ridiculous touch fouls are probably the only thing that could possibly beat us. I hope they were resting Tuck for that game.Morgan's knee is starting to make me nervous about her career- for her sake, and our sake. Every time she gets the train going, she's been getting derailed. Hope she doesn't become limited like Brittney Hunter was for us.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
come·up·pance

Synonyms: just deserts, just punishment, due, retribution, requital, what's coming to one
----
1. Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I think “comeuppance” neither implies what you probably meant, nor applies to UConn. But if that really is the basis of your worry, you can relax. The team’s behavior has been exemplary. If some form of cosmic justice is now going to start effecting games – no sweat, UConn will do just fine.

2. On the other hand, I would entirely agree, if you’re worried zealous UConn fans are overdue for their just desserts. Worries me all the time. In fact, I just grabbed another piece of pie.
;)

I hope it was humble pie!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
come·up·pance

----

;)
Maybe he's saying the girls should pull up their pants?

uconn-basketball.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22