Just got a call | The Boneyard

Just got a call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just got a call from Jabby Williams thanking me for my contribution to the WBB program. What a wonderful young person. I love knowing that there are young polite people in our world. Is there any wonder why UCONN is so successful. You recruit good, you get good.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
UCAP_Fan said:
Just got a call from Jabby Williams thanking me for my contribution to the WBB program. What a wonderful young person. I love knowing that there are young polite people in our world. Is there any wonder why UCONN is so successful. You recruit good, you get good.

I love that they do this. Great gesture; great PR, too !

Reaction Score
Was it really her or a recording?
Real calls, mine came the other day from a girl on the swim team. Not the first year this has been done. A nice quick thank you for supporting UCONN athletics. I thanked her in return. :)

Reaction Score
Real calls, mine came the other day from a girl on the swim team. Not the first year this has been done. A nice quick thank you for supporting UCONN athletics. I thanked her in return. :)

I got a live call Monday night from a reserve on the men's soccer team. A couple of years ago I had a message on my phone from Carson Cross of the baseball team thanking us for our donation.

Reaction Score
I got a live call Monday night from a reserve on the men's soccer team. A couple of years ago I had a message on my phone from Carson Cross of the baseball team thanking us for our donation.

My call tonight was from Saniya Chong. Very personable.
A couple of years ago had a voicemail from Shabaz. It's all part of UCONN athletes saying thanks for donations.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Rutgers (or at least the WBB program) did it a couple of seasons that we were in NJ. Don't know that they still do, I think they might have switched to recordings. We were not usually home.

Conversely, here at AZ, they have a program of delivering selected season tix to purchasers. We had about 5 WBB players twice, about 7 softball players once, and could have had Volleyball had we been able to be home. Yet another nice way to recognize folks who donate (I don't for one second think the tix were delivered to folks who didn't donate).

And in a variant, many years back RU alums called asking for pledges - they may have been ex-athletes. And just last week, a seminary student called to ask for a donation to a seminary that we make an annual modest gift ($100) to. Which wouldn't bother me but they called daily and didn't leave messages for 3 days when we couldn't get to the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom