Just dreaming here... | The Boneyard

Just dreaming here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What if Swofford grew a pair of balls and told ND they need to be in full-time for FB or they are out of the ACC for all sports? What would happen? The leverage ND had before (Big East) is no longer an option since they don't play FB. The B12 wouldn't take a partial member either. They would be out of options and would have to join the ACC full-time or more likely the B1G. I guess it would be bad for the ACC for ND to end up in the B1G but I've run out of scenarios where Uconn gets out of the AAC anytime soon.

Reaction Score
What if Swofford grew a pair of balls and told ND they need to be in full-time for FB or they are out of the ACC for all sports? What would happen? The leverage ND had before (Big East) is no longer an option since they don't play FB. The B12 wouldn't take a partial member either. They would be out of options and would have to join the ACC full-time or more likely the B1G. I guess it would be bad for the ACC for ND to end up in the B1G but I've run out of scenarios where Uconn gets out of the AAC anytime soon.
Are you sure ND would pick the B1G over the ACC if they had to go full time? I always got the feeling the Irish felt the ACC was more their academic equals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Are you sure ND would pick the B1G over the ACC if they had to go full time? I always got the feeling the Irish felt the ACC was more their academic equals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Louisville is an equal to ND academically??

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seriously if it happened they would join the Big East.

Reaction Score
It will happen someday in the future, but not in the next few years. But, I think the ACC will play nice to convince ND to join before deciding to force them.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The ACC is going to play the Big East role of letting ND do whatever they want. There won't be an ultimatum.

The Big 12 (DeLoss Dodds specifically) said they would welcome ND as a partial member in all sports but football (before ND went to ACC). So, if in a do or die ACC scenario, ND has options.

Reaction Score
The ACC is going to play the Big East role of letting ND do whatever they want. There won't be an ultimatum.

The Big 12 (DeLoss Dodds specifically) said they would welcome ND as a partial member in all sports but football (before ND went to ACC). So, if in a do or die ACC scenario, ND has options.

Dodds is almost 74 and will retire in the near future, so his opinion won't matter. And, do you really think Notre Dame would play their sports ex football in the Big 12? Doubtful.

In the future, the choice will be joining a conference for all sports or joining the Big East for all sports ex football.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Dodds is almost 74 and will retire in the near future, so his opinion won't matter. And, do you really think Notre Dame would play their sports ex football in the Big 12? Doubtful.

In the future, the choice will be joining a conference for all sports or joining the Big East for all sports ex football.
No, I don't think ND wants to join the B12, that's why they choose the ACC (they have more traditional rivals in that conference). Outside of playing Texas or Oklahoma, ND has 0% interest in the rest of the B12. I'm merely saying it was an option to them. The OP mentioned that the B12 didn't want them, but that was not true.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm extremely confident that ND would not have agreed to the arrangement they currently have with the ACC if it did not include some language allowing ND to remain as a partial member for as long as they choose. The ACC's hope all along was that the NCAA, BCS or some successor organization alters the rules sufficiently where ND would not have the opportunity to play for a football national title without being a full football member of a major conference. Thart is the only thing that will push ND into full membership anywhere.

Reaction Score
I'm extremely confident that ND would not have agreed to the arrangement they currently have with the ACC if it did not include some language allowing ND to remain as a partial member for as long as they choose. The ACC's hope all along was that the NCAA, BCS or some successor organization alters the rules sufficiently where ND would not have the opportunity to play for a football national title without being a full football member of a major conference. Thart is the only thing that will push ND into full membership anywhere.

This x 1000. Anything else is just someone dreaming, like the original poster said.

ND has the best of both worlds with the ACC deal, sure, but the ACC benefits as well. There also is no mechanism to "kick ND out". For what offense, exactly?

The ACC presidents voted ND into the conference without football. They want the current ND affiliation. Nobody is ever going to vote ND out of the ACC.

Reaction Score
Since we are dreaming....

Let's say we are 6 and 1 heading into home game vs eVille, do we sell out the rent?

Reaction Score
If the Rent is not sold out for the chance to give a parting shot to the team viewed as your superior than we belong forever as a mid-major.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't want another Boston College. Haven't you guys figured that out already?

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't want another Boston College. Haven't you guys figured that out already?

Right... Plus they just took you guys so being stuck with you two turds wouldn't be good from a PR standpoint for Swofford!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom