Just a reminder: TV...Christyn and Olivia | The Boneyard

Just a reminder: TV...Christyn and Olivia

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Don't forget: Wednesday March 28...5:00...espn2
Girls all-star game...a chance to see the incoming frosh...hopefully with a 3rd member announcing at some point sooner than later.

Looking at our returning guard corps for next year : I think it realistic that Christyn might be starting for Jump Ball #1 if she shows Geno some typical UConn defense during practices.

Reaction Score
With very few exceptions, nobody gets less out of their freshmen than we do.

Fortunately UCONN is in a very different position than a lot of schools with freshmen. Geno's offense and defense is not something freshmen learn elsewhere so it is highly unlikely someone comes in ready to "plug-and-play". As we are all aware, Geno has a solid 6-player core and on the whole he does not need the contribution from them nor does he really ask. If he really needed it he would work in the freshmen with the starters to hasten their development. Would he like to have a bigger contribution from his freshmen? I am sure he would but at the expense of victory or refining the meshing of his core-6? I do not think so.
Geno would get more from his newbies if he had to do so.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm also headed to the Jordan Brand Classic, April 8 in NYC.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Maybe edit the original post to note that tonight is the Jam Fest which will include Olivia Nelson-Ododa participating in the dunk contest.

ESPN2 at 7 PM eastern.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Our guys should pull out so they can watch our game. :rolleyes:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
With very few exceptions, nobody gets less out of their freshmen than we do.
It's been mentioned several times before, but amnesia seems persistent in some posters.

Do you think that Kia Nurse, Maya Moore, Kelly Faris, Stef Dolson, Bria Hartley, or Renee Montgomery would agree with your statement? For that matter, what about Crystal Dangerfield?

You are making a gross generalization based on a very small sample consisting of this year's freshmen. That is not sufficient to support your conclusion.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's been mentioned several times before, but amnesia seems persistent in some posters.

Do you think that Kia Nurse, Maya Moore, Kelly Faris, Stef Dolson, Bria Hartley, or Renee Montgomery would agree with your statement? For that matter, what about Crystal Dangerfield?

You are making a gross generalization based on a very small sample consisting of this year's freshmen. That is not sufficient to support your conclusion.
Nah... With some posters you just have to know when to insert your own sarcasim emoji.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“I’m feeling pretty good about being in the dunk contest,” said Ododa, a Connecticut signee who will suit up for the East in the McDonald’s All American Game on Wednesday at Phillips Arena. “I know the guys are gonna bring it, but I’ve been practicing so let’s see what happens.”

Nelson-Ododa said she’s got three dunks in her repertoire that she’s planning: A straight-on one hander, a baseline dunk coming through the middle and potentially a reverse dunk.

“Maybe on the reverse,” Nelson-Ododa said with a laugh. “I’ve been working on it and I’m pretty much there. I think if I can pull that one off, I’ll get a strong score.”

Olivia Nelson-Ododa has big plans for McDonald's All American dunk contest

JordyG

Reaction Score
For the life of me I just don't get it. Why oh why does UConn continue to get these slow footed, non athletic, 2nd rate basketball players. Can't Geno do better?

And isn't Gatorade a sports drink? What do they know about National Players Of The Year? Can't they just stick to making more flavors?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Maybe edit the original post to note that tonight is the Jam Fest which will include Olivia Nelson-Ododa participating in the dunk contest.

ESPN2 at 7 PM eastern.
Make that 8pm EDT, ESPN2.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ono coming up. Just saw the first dunk. She has some hops. Getting alot of face time. :)

Reaction Score
Don't forget: Wednesday March 28...5:00...espn2
Girls all-star game...a chance to see the incoming frosh...hopefully with a 3rd member announcing at some point sooner than later.

Looking at our returning guard corps for next year : I think it realistic that Christyn might be starting for Jump Ball #1 if she shows Geno some typical UConn defense during practices.
Thanks so much for the reminder. Set my dvr.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ono made a base line dunk on her second try. 88/100. Might not be enough since only top 3 advance.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ono mathematically in top 3. :) Will make final round. Earlier, she said she is going to try a reverse dunk as her 3rd dunk/

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh well. Tried 2 handed dunk. Never got it close. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member