Jordan Hawkins update | The Boneyard

Jordan Hawkins update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yessir!!

6'6 sniper and elite defender--kid is absolutely NBA-bound. Players who fit that profile are at a premium right now.

Plus with the ability to play the 3, maybe even the 4... he will have a lot more chances for playing time while he develops his handle and passing ability. He'll need to be a 2 at the NBA level though I'd imagine.

Jackson, Hawkins, Martin at the 2/3/4 is unfair.

Reaction Score
6'6 sniper and elite defender--kid is absolutely NBA-bound. Players who fit that profile are at a premium right now.

Plus with the ability to play the 3, maybe even the 4... he will have a lot more chances for playing time while he develops his handle and passing ability. He'll need to be a 2 at the NBA level though I'd imagine.

Unfair? Seems OK to me. Let everyone else fend for themselves!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

He'll be unstoppable after a year or two with Coach Mike.. Imagine him being on a break with Andre on the other wing.. Gotta get the Bigs working on their outlet passes..

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score

From the looks of him in that video. He looks like an awesome shooting guard type. Good handle and quickness. Can’t wait to see him play for UConn.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As I've been saying going on 2 years - this is the young man that will bring all eyes on UConn basketball
We haven't had someone like him since Kemba
Having grown 2" will allow him to shoot over most guards and with his hops - WOW

Reaction Score
he's UConn's first recruit in a while where I didn't see his jump shot and wince. That is a great release

Reaction Score
1607391171393.jpeg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I want to see him breakdown defenders before I get too excited. As of last season, he was only a terrific shooter with athleticism, which is an absolute need for us anyways.

Reaction Score
If he keeps growing, we’re going to have to recruit a 2 guard!
Already possesses really fluid ball skills..6/6 shooting guards with his kind of stroke are rare in college.

If Fat Lucy's comment became true.. Maybe Justice W could provide help at the 2 if we're lucky..

JHawk looks like he's comfortable with the rock in his hands..

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Already possesses really fluid ball skills..6/6 shooting guards with his kind of stroke are rare in college.

If Fat Lucy's comment became true.. Maybe Justice W could provide help at the 2 if we're lucky..

JHawk looks like he's comfortable with the rock in his hands..

If his nickname was going to be J Hawk, he’s at the wrong school ;)

Kid looks exciting. He’s still a 2/3 at 6’6” even if he puts on weight. I believe Hurley wants to keep getting longer in the backcourt. If Hawkins plays any 4 for us that means something terrible has happened, because he’s coming in with Johnson and Akok will still be here.

I do think it is safe to say that this team was ahead of its time.

Reaction Score
If his nickname was going to be J Hawk, he’s at the wrong school ;)

Kid looks exciting. He’s still a 2/3 at 6’6” even if he puts on weight. I believe Hurley wants to keep getting longer in the backcourt. If Hawkins plays any 4 for us that means something terrible has happened, because he’s coming in with Johnson and Akok will still be here.

I do think it is safe to say that this team was ahead of its time.
Used to love the “Flying Illini” with Kendall Gill, Marcus Liberty, Kenny Battle, and Nick Anderson. They were definitely ahead of their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom