Jordan Hawkins Not Practicing 3/31 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Jordan Hawkins Not Practicing 3/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Any reason to believe that Coach Hurley does not know that??
We are one of the few teams that can replace a starter. Miami losing Wong would turn them into a mediocre team. Hoping and expecting Jordan can play but maybe Alleyne and Joey have huge games.

Reaction Score
If we were playing SDSU in this game then I would definitely say we have a chance without Hawkins. Playing this Miami team we will need all the scoring we can get because as we know they are one of the best offenses in the country. I just don't think we would have enough firepower to get past them without Hawkins, maybe we would have a chance if we played our absolute best defensive game of the season.
I also am realistic but as fans let’s not throw in the towel 12-13 hours before tip off. Defeatism is not the vibe we want to send our team. What the hell happened to GO HUSKIES? Hell I heard this type of Connecticut defeatism when the old Yankee Conference was closed down and some Connecticut people thought we would never win a game in the BE. We won 4 championships so why give up on the road to a possible 5th. GO HUSKIES for GODS sakes.

Reaction Score
We are one of the few teams that can replace a starter. Miami losing Wong would turn them into a mediocre team. Hoping and expecting Jordan can play but maybe Alleyne and Joey have huge games.
Hey yes if needed yes let’s hope that Joey or Alleyne or both have the games of their lives. Some talking head or writer predicted a couple days ago that this year a bench player(s) will emerge as the hero (heroes) of the tourney. So if Hawk’s wings are broken let it be so. Or it may be a trio Hawk, Joey, Allenye.

caw

Reaction Score

I wouldn't say mediocre. They would still be good, but they would be severely undermanned. Kind of like Texas without Disu. Still good, but not nearly the team they could be.

Reaction Score
He’ll be fine. Keep in mind they’ve also probably got a team doctor giving him drugs, fluids, and every other advantage he can have to get over this by tomorrow.
1680359309080.jpeg

Reaction Score
Beyond worrying if Hawk will play, my worry is that he didn't get enough practice time to adjust his shot to the stadium surroundings and depth. Those stadiums tend to cause poor shooting even with adequate practice. I hope few shots are taken from the corners as those are the toughest. Facing the hoop are less impacted by depth perception.

Reaction Score
I hope they gave Hawk one of those colonoscopy prep drinks on Thursday to flush out all the bad (Nasty tasting as hell, but does the trick) and then rehydrate him. Note: My medical degree is from Boneyard University (on-line).

Reaction Score
Why tip off Miami?
Gotta assume Miami is prepping for him to play. Good or bad, not sure. I think Hawk playing far outweighs any strategic advantage we'd get from Miami having the wrong strategy. Just my opinion. Joey C. and Alleyne would need to step up, but I question their ability to play starter minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom