Jordan Brand Classic - 4/21/24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jordan Brand Classic - 4/21/24

Reaction Score
A few thoughts after watching the replay ...

Morgan played a lot and looked really good. The best court vision and passer on the floor. I think she shot about 2-7 from the floor (a three, a layup, a block, and a couple of airballs) but 8-9 on FTs. She had at least 6 or 7 assists and could have had a few more.

Allie started but barely touched the ball in the first half (maybe not at all), because of the poor ball movement. She missed her first trey, but then nailed 2 in a row at crunch time to get her team the win.

Joyce Edwards and Kennedy Smith were co-MVPs. Joyce is athletic, aggressive, and really good. She'll be a force at SC. I thought Kennedy forced her shots less than in the last game. She made several. She and JuJu should be a dynamic duo.

Heckel (also going to USC) forced several shots, but made some. She played with energy, but was out of control at times.

Blakes had a stretch in which she made a three, blocked a shot, and made another three, all in a minute. She'll be really good for Shea.

Shaq's daughter was the star of Q1. She will really help Florida, as will McGill.

Zam Jones (NC State) made several nice plays and shots.

Fournier once again looked good. Her FT form looked solid.

Early in the game, it seemed as if a couple of players thought they were Caitlin Clark, trying shots from the logo. But at least a couple failed to reach the rim. If your name isn't Curry or Clark, a logo shot is a bad idea.

I'd like to see a box score.

Joyce Edwards was the best player on the floor, she's won the MVP in every all star game so far. South Carolina is getting a star. Kennedy Smith is gonna be really good for Southern Cal.

Reaction Score
Joyce Edwards was the best player on the floor, she's won the MVP in every all star game so far. South Carolina is getting a star. Kennedy Smith is gonna be really good for Southern Cal.
In the couple of all star games I’ve seen Edwards just keeps going, and going and going…. Never gets tired, never shows irritation. Agree, she will be good. Smith plays with more overt passion. She wants to win. And while her team was doing “all-star” game “me” stuff she was hustling, hitting boards, making shots and willing her teammates to remember the scoreboard without acting bratty. Her teammates seemed to say, wow, she’s really taking this seriously, let’s step it up and win this thing. She will make USC better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom