Jordan Brand Classic - 4/21/24 | The Boneyard

Jordan Brand Classic - 4/21/24

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Jordan Brand Classic was streamed on YouTube this afternoon.

Sarah Strong missed this one as well. Cheli and Ziebel both in action.

New rule is use: If a team reaches 110 points the game is over regardless of the clock.

Reaction Score

New rule is use: If a team reaches 110 points the game is over regardless of the clock.

Greatly appreciate you for sharing this video with us. I totally forgot about the Jordan Brand Classic game. Definitely will check out the game. Interesting rule on the points.

Reaction Score

Why did Sarah miss?

HGN

Reaction Score
Dunno. She sat out the Hoops Summit game as well. Maybe precautionary after a leg issue in her last high school game.
I agree Sluconn, hopefully Sarah’s absent is just a precautionary measure. I personally would rather have her absent now and present this Fall.

Reaction Score
The more I watch Morgan play, the more I love about her game. She is fearless! She is a slasher. Decent handles at 6'2". OMG could be unleashed this season!! Morgan and Allie both have that confidence and a little swag in them. They both are not afraid to get in the paint for a rebound. Allie with some nice spot up 3 point looks. I can't wait!!

Reaction Score
I agree Sluconn, hopefully Sarah’s absent is just a precautionary measure. I personally would rather have her absent now and present this Fall.
Totally agree.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A few thoughts after watching the replay ...

Morgan played a lot and looked really good. The best court vision and passer on the floor. I think she shot about 2-7 from the floor (a three, a layup, a block, and a couple of airballs) but 8-9 on FTs. She had at least 6 or 7 assists and could have had a few more.

Allie started but barely touched the ball in the first half (maybe not at all), because of the poor ball movement. She missed her first trey, but then nailed 2 in a row at crunch time to get her team the win.

Joyce Edwards and Kennedy Smith were co-MVPs. Joyce is athletic, aggressive, and really good. She'll be a force at SC. I thought Kennedy forced her shots less than in the last game. She made several. She and JuJu should be a dynamic duo.

Heckel (also going to USC) forced several shots, but made some. She played with energy, but was out of control at times.

Blakes had a stretch in which she made a three, blocked a shot, and made another three, all in a minute. She'll be really good for Shea.

Shaq's daughter was the star of Q1. She will really help Florida, as will McGill.

Zam Jones (NC State) made several nice plays and shots.

Fournier once again looked good. Her FT form looked solid.

Early in the game, it seemed as if a couple of players thought they were Caitlin Clark, trying shots from the logo. But at least a couple failed to reach the rim. If your name isn't Curry or Clark, a logo shot is a bad idea.

I'd like to see a box score.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I spent 15 minutes this morning searching Google, Twitter (X), etc. for a box score, to no avail.
If someone is able to locate one, could you post it here? Please and thank you.

Reaction Score

Morgan played a lot and looked really good. The best court vision and passer on the floor. I think she shot about 2-7 from the floor (a three, a layup, a block, and a couple of airballs) but 8-9 on FTs. She had at least 6 or 7 assists and could have had a few more.

Allie started but barely touched the ball in the first half (maybe not at all), because of the poor ball movement. She missed her first trey, but then nailed 2 in a row at crunch time to get her team the win.

Joyce Edwards and Kennedy Smith were co-MVPs. Joyce is athletic, aggressive, and really good. She'll be a force at SC. I thought Kennedy forced her shots less than in the last game. She made several. She and JuJu should be a dynamic duo.

Heckel (also going to USC) forced several shots, but made some. She played with energy, but was out of control at times.

Blakes had a stretch in which she made a three, blocked a shot, and made another three, all in a minute. She'll be really good for Shea.

Shaq's daughter was the star of Q1. She will really help Florida, as will McGill.

Early in the game, it seemed as if a couple of players thought they were Caitlin Clark, trying shots from the logo. But at least a couple failed to reach the rim. If your name isn't Curry or Clark, a logo shot is a bad idea.

Thank you for sharing your observations. I have not had a chance to watch this one yet. Though your observations sound a lot like impressions from the other “all-star” game I was able to catch a week or so ago. In the absence of a coaching scheme, the athletic players have an easier time standing out from the crowd through their 1v1, rebounding etc. I got the impression that this was not a favorable setup for Allie’s best attributes. Wondering how she played on D- she clearly a great spot up shooter, so my mind jumped to “will Geno trust her on D?”

I thought Morgan showed a lot of promise - long athletic and very active. Glad to hear she had a good game in that facilitator role.

Reaction Score

Thanks for sharing your observations. I watched the game twice and sad part about these games, there is little to no ball movement. Whoever the point guard is and how willing they are into sharing the ball, really sets the tone. It is like playing a pickup game at the Y or local park. You kind of pick your spots on when and how to score.

Overall the game was great. The players did well out there. You hit the nail on the head about Morgan. At 6'2" and her ability to handle the rock, see the court, play defense, and rebound, those are going to be a huge plus for us going into the season. I love her confidence.

Reaction Score
The more I watch Morgan play, the more I love about her game. She is fearless! She is a slasher. Decent handles at 6'2". OMG could be unleashed this season!! Morgan and Allie both have that confidence and a little swag in them. They both are not afraid to get in the paint for a rebound. Allie with some nice spot up 3 point looks. I can't wait!!
Allie is the first spot up three pointer I have seen at UConn since Caroline's freshman year. She has a great spot up stroke and she takes a hop and it is on the way. She will really help UConn because they DO move the ball and the three point shooters are open all day long.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Allie is the first spot up three pointer I have seen at UConn since Caroline's freshman year. She has a great spot up stroke and she takes a hop and it is on the way. She will really help UConn because they DO move the ball and the three point shooters are open all day long.
Also, her teammates will pass the ball to her, unlike her teammates in most of that game.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I'm really concerned about the condition of Sarah. Of course, we all are paranoid about injuries to our players, so if she is alright, I wish someone would say so. Not knowing is the worst part, so whoever is handling her, just let us know please before rumors get out of hand. Thank you. Also, has anyone heard if she signed her LOI yet.

Reaction Score
I'm really concerned about the condition of Sarah. Of course, we all are paranoid about injuries to our players, so if she is alright, I wish someone would say so. Not knowing is the worst part, so whoever is handling her, just let us know please before rumors get out of hand. Thank you. Also, has anyone heard if she signed her LOI yet.
There have been clips of her taking shots and running drills in practice for the JBC and the other invitational event she was at last week (USA BB?). I think they are just avoiding full contact at this point as a precaution.

Reaction Score
I am not too worried. A lot of players sit out these games for various reasons. I am sure all is well with Sarah. I think there is one or two more of these types of showcase games. I believe one, maybe both, is outside. We will see. But I am sure all is well with Sarah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom