John A.: Something special in store for First Night? | The Boneyard

John A.: Something special in store for First Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"A little birdie tells me UConn may have something especially special in store for its annual First Night ceremonies in two weeks. Nothing solid yet, but if it does come to pass, and there’s no way to tell yet if it will, it should make the night somewhat more interesting than it usually is."

LINK

Reaction Score
PAP - like I was saying to DAV, "What kind of birdie is that....think I might git me some."

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Mark this down,and if I am off base,pick on me until you are blue,but a hunch tells me someone will be commiting to UConn that night.I am not saying Wilson,I am not saying any name,but I have a hunch,and I am due to be right,if you go by the odds,since I am not a great predict guru.

Reaction Score
From what John A. says it looks like it will be a mixed scrimmage (i.e. each of the two teams
will have both men and women players). See thread below.

However it works, it will be nice to see some scrimmaging again instead of silly little contests.

Reaction Score
Mark this down,and if I am off base,pick on me until you are blue,but a hunch tells me someone will be commiting to UConn that night.I am not saying Wilson,I am not saying any name,but I have a hunch,and I am due to be right,if you go by the odds,since I am not a great predict guru.

CARM: damn you.....this was supposed to be a surprise. I still have two years of eligibility left and was going to announce for the Huskies just prior to my dance.

Reaction Score
From what John A. says it looks like it will be a mixed scrimmage (i.e. each of the two teams
will have both men and women players). See thread below.

However it works, it will be nice to see some scrimmaging again instead of silly little contests.

ED: Could not agree with more re how nice it would be to see some scrimmaging....IF it was among the members of our own squad. . But IF it is a "mixed" team as you are presenting , I still don't like it. Way too much room for injury.

Parts of our society are trying so hard (for some strange reason) at so many levels to perpetrate the myth that we are all just a single sex....IDENTICAL. But the wisdom of the ages and, to me, the reality is that there are all sorts of quite obvious (not to say delightful) differences between the genders. To contend otherwise is bizarre. One better than the other, no. One the same as the other, no.

Even having a couple of our squad salted in with some of the guys for a team of five is nuts, let alone our squad against the men. (Hopefully the "salt" and "nuts" will not be lost on all of you.) Am not contending it is a matter of "real" basketball skill....just a matter of velocity, matter, impact, and the laws of physics...and the resulting potential for injury. . Again, I do not know exactly what is being planned, and perhaps and hopefully, it is something sensible rather than some politically correct nonsense. I DO know what happened to Hunter and how it happened. Hopefully, a lesson has been learned by somebody about what is silly and what is wise for "First Night" or whatever it is called these days.

"Nine is Fine".....let's not risk it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
CARM: damn you.....this was supposed to be a surprise. I still have two years of eligibility left and was going to announce for the Huskies just prior to my dance.
How did the surgery go? I take it was a success.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Rather than have the Boneyard Brigade on the court, why not let our BY team announce and give commentary. This would be really great!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Again, I do not know exactly what is being planned, and perhaps and hopefully, it is something sensible rather than some politically correct nonsense. .
Well if you read the other thread, it's pretty well spelled out.

I DO know what happened to Hunter and how it happened. Hopefully, a lesson has been learned by somebody about what is silly and what is wise for "First Night" or whatever it is called these days.
Well I think this is the lesson learned, less silly games and more actual basketball. I find this intermixed squad a great idea. Probably one of the better ones they've had in years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My prediction, to add to the tease, is that a player very much UTR will be there. And people will say, "Who is that?"

Reaction Score
How did the surgery go? I take it was a success.

Because of patient confidentiality issues when it comes to medical records, I am unable to reply in full to your query. What I can reveal is that I dance better than ever, especially when coming thru smoke.

sTu

Reaction Score
January, I think when her team visits Springfield MA. If the past repeats itself her team will be visiting a UConn game also. The h.s. games have a much different pace from Div. 1 college games. It is interesting to watch the impact a talented player can have on the game and how they go about making that occur. Then there is the bonus (depending on your view) of watching the game with some Boneyard folk. :)

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I am going to revise my prediction posted above.Something special has been predicted for first night,and I stated thast we may get a verbal from someone that night.However,I am really going out on a limb,and changing my guess to this( start laughing now if you must)either we will get a verbal first night,or just after.....or.....the University will have a new conference home coming.There are signs something is going on(see conference realignment board about Susan's trip).Call me crazy,foolish,or whatever,but,to me,these are the only things I would believe would be "something especially special",as quoted above.

Reaction Score
"A little birdie tells me UConn may have something especially special in store for its annual First Night ceremonies in two weeks. Nothing solid yet, but if it does come to pass, and there’s no way to tell yet if it will, it should make the night somewhat more interesting than it usually is."

LINK[/quote

PAP: as you prob know, have always expressed a lot of appreciation here for you good work and wonderful links. But now,, dadgummit, what the hell did that "little birdie" tell you???????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom