John A.: Kristal Dolson talks about her daughter, Stefanie | The Boneyard

John A.: Kristal Dolson talks about her daughter, Stefanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“Many of the schools [we visited] were great schmoozers, I will give them that. UConn doesn’t schmooze very well. But you know, it’s not what our family is about and its likely why she ended up where she did."

LINK

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Another good article from the parent's perspective.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Ginger Bread Cookie Commitment Communication! Dear Geno a cookie with a flaky center is headed your way! :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great adult perspective. She knew things had come easily to Stef, but that would change with Geno. She had confidence in her daughter but expected that it could be a difficult process. And she suspected the outcome would be wonderful. Spot on!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So Geno's not a schmoozer, but Stef is a blurter, at least when she has something of profound importance to say.

Interesting following the Bria article featuring someone who sounded highly super-motivated at the time of recruitment to hear the flip side about another player whose parent says her daughter wasn't super-motivated. But both will wind up among the top 10 all-time in minutes on the floor for Husky players.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So Geno's not a schmoozer, but Stef is a blurter, at least when she has something of profound importance to say.
Somehow I think Geno is probably a great schmoozer, just not directly related to a recruit. And Stef certainly blurted out her displeasure after she missed that breakaway lay-up a few games ago!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Somehow I think Geno is probably a great schmoozer, just not directly related to a recruit. And Stef certainly blurted out her displeasure after she missed that breakaway lay-up a few games ago!!!
Oh, I agree. I think Geno is a great schmoozer when he wants to be.

Reaction Score

Lol, Funny, but the cameras have caught Bria H using a certain curse word lately.

Reaction Score
But at that time in her life she wasn’t super-motivated; things seemed to come easy for her. I used to tell her, Stefanie you are tall, but eventually … She just had to find it inside herself.

That's a great quote. I bet for the majority of these D1 players their physical gifts made basketball seem pretty easy against normal high school kids. It must be a real eye opener to then have to compete every day against elite players who may very well be better than they are.
I give Stef a lot of credit for how she elevated her game after Freshman year. That took tremendous effort and motivation. I would have never guessed in a million years that she would be an All American and the player she is today. Boy was I wrong! And I bet more than a few others thought the same.
LOL that's why I'm not a scout and Geno's the coach!!

T

TroyHouse66

Thanks, Rocky

OK...
Got it, now.
It's official...
Let it be written down...
Year 2013-2014
U-C-O-N-N....A team lead by Goofy & Flakey

Reaction Score
Bria using a curse word?

OMG!!!

Just fun, cause they zoomed in on her just as she spit it out (muted the sound). The other time was a long distance shot, but the enunciation was very clear. Made me laugh, same word, same situation just after missing an easy shot. Kinda what any of would do. Sometimes it's fun to see these superheroes act like the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Stef is just the greatest.
You know, I think just about everyone on the Boneyard really thinks (or knows) that Stef is great but I think there are some here who really don't know how great and how much she's contributed to this team. Her loss to graduation is going to leave a serious vacuum that I hope someone else will have some ability to fill. I've mentioned before that on both ends of the court she is a major factor but particularly from the offensive end, just about EVERYTHING goes through her and she continually makes so many good decisions that contribute to everyone else's offense. She's just a wonderful distributor of the ball and often she doesn't get the assist but were it not for something she did in that offensive set, our chances of scoring would have been appreciably lowered. The ability to put her teammates into the best possible positions to score play after play after play is a pretty unique gift and I doubt we've ever had a center who was more gifted doing that. Tina and Rebecca were outstanding and deserved of All-American honors but I don't think they did nearly what Stef does to make our offense better. Some people just look at the numbers, offensive rebounds, points, assists but there's even more to it than that and I've become such a major fan of hers. And to have that personality in the locker room, on the bench and of course, on the court, also helps the team in so many ways. A real one of a kind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom