Not open for further replies.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Storm Take KML With 3rd Pick; Stokes To Liberty At No. 11

LINK

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We had some inside scoop here that John would cover the Sun, but no longer cover the Huskies. Possibly this is in his WNBA capacity. ?

Reaction Score
We had some inside scoop here that John would cover the Sun, but no longer cover the Huskies. Possibly this is in his WNBA capacity. ?

I would make a joke about cheerleaders but I'll refrain...

Reaction Score
[edited]

Oh please indeed. I was at the game, Texas sends those girls to look like that on purpose, no matter how you slice it. Every guy around me(I was in the third row)......and I mean every guy was talking about those girls the same way, as was every woman for the most part, because they were jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I'm not clutching my pearls over his comments. I just thought they were totally inappropriate for someone to post that in his "official capacity" while he was working.
Guess he didn't suffer too badly - seems like "bad" behavior earned him a different assignment that he likes better. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
John has always covered the Sun as he continues to do. I really think the Courant should rethink their decision to keep him on women's sports.

Reaction Score
Whether or not the Texas cheerleaders had on skimpy outfits has nothing to do with John a's non suspension. His obsession with other female cheerleaders does. Personally as a women I find him offensive as other women have expressed as did Kerith. I un-followed him a week before the season because I also found him "creepy". This man should be following the Trinity squash tournament and then he can complain and no one will listen.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Oh please indeed. I was at the game, Texas sends those girls to look like that on purpose, no matter how you slice it. Every guy around me(I was in the third row).and I mean every guy was talking about those girls the same way, as was every woman for the most part, because they were jealous.
Which has nothing to do with what John did.

Reaction Score
Whether or not the Texas cheerleaders had on skimpy outfits has nothing to do with John a's non suspension. His obsession with other female cheerleaders does. Personally as a women I find him offensive as other women have expressed as did Kerith. I un-followed him a week before the season because I also found him "creepy". This man should be following the Trinity squash tournament and then he can complain and no one will listen.
No spitting match here lanieer but why disparage Trinity squash to make your point? You kind of sort of bring yourself to his creepy level of being off topic.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
would that be to keep him away from "young adults" such as the UConn players? Why would it be ok for him to cover the Sun but not the "Huskies"?

Reaction Score
The Sun's cheerleaders dress pretty provocatively too (and I don't mind one bit).

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The Sun's cheerleaders dress pretty provocatively too (and I don't mind one bit).
post pics from your Twitter account so the rest of us can enjoy as well... btw they're most likely not "college students"

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As a woman, I don't find him offensive at all. Aren't you used to men turning into babbling fools over beautiful women by now?

If Kerith Burke hadn't felt it necessary to publicly humiliate John instead of just shooting him an email asking him to reconsider his tweet, none of these "righteously indignant" threads (thanks, Rocky) would ever have happened.

Reaction Score
As a woman, I don't find him offensive at all. Aren't you used to men turning into babbling fools over beautiful women by now?

If Kerith Burke hadn't felt it necessary to publicly humiliate John instead of just shooting him an email asking him to reconsider his tweet, none of these "righteously indignant" threads (thanks, Rocky) would ever have happened.

Well Kerith replied in the same arena (twitter) in which he posted. Fail to see why her opinion needed to be secretive.
Again, it is not about him drooling over pretty young girls - it is about him doing it as a reporter on a work account while being paid to cover women's sports.
And as I understood it, Kerith's comments did not cause his issues with the Courant - a fellow employee apparently complained.

Reaction Score
Another sportswriter complained on Twitter before Burke did. It was Altavilla's brush-off of that writer and seeming refusal to take down his post that led to the Burke tweet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For you John A nonfans: if you go out to Salem Mass I think they still have the "stake" at which witches were to be burned...maybe you can borrow it.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
RockyMTblue2 said:
For you John A nonfans: if you go out to Salem Mass I think they still have the "stake" at which witches were to be burned...maybe you can borrow it.
they probably won't let you, but you can probably get a steak there...

Reaction Score
would that be to keep him away from "young adults" such as the UConn players? Why would it be ok for him to cover the Sun but not the "Huskies"?
??? I have no insight into the logic behind it, or if that's really the plan. MikeJays posted from Tampa that he heard down there that JA would cover the Sun, but not the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Glad to see this. Welcome back, John.
I'm going to get in trouble but---During the Texas game the wife and I made comments about the outfits. However, I'm not familiar with previous comments saying John had (shall we say) unusual interest in Cheerleaders --let me say, and I must confess, don't tell my wife, but I DO watch the Cheerleaders, and others who cheer for their teams in those skimpy outfits---I really don't feel creepy--I thought I was supposed to watch.

Reaction Score
Well Kerith replied in the same arena (twitter) in which he posted. Fail to see why her opinion needed to be secretive.
Again, it is not about him drooling over pretty young girls - it is about him doing it as a reporter on a work account while being paid to cover women's sports.
And as I understood it, Kerith's comments did not cause his issues with the Courant - a fellow employee apparently complained.
Old Alum--you nailed it---we men are wired and the Hormones flow wildly (as they were set up ions ago to do) at the sight of a lightly clad female body---it takes years of study for me to come to the conclusion -- men are fools when it comes to women
However--If it's wrong for John A to do as a Reporter it must be wrong for whatever he did to be wrong as a human being. What's the real difference?? Arrest him, sue him if it's that wrong--that's why we have laws that control peoples actions and why we have constitutional rights to free speech (as extended to the written word)- and we have libel/slander--Right is Right Wrong is Wrong--.

Reaction Score
Old Alum--you nailed it---we men are wired and the Hormones flow wildly (as they were set up ions ago to do) at the sight of a lightly clad female body---it takes years of study for me to come to the conclusion -- men are fools when it comes to women
However--If it's wrong for John A to do as a Reporter it must be wrong for whatever he did to be wrong as a human being. What's the real difference?? Arrest him, sue him if it's that wrong--that's why we have laws that control peoples actions and why we have constitutional rights to free speech (as extended to the written word)- and we have libel/slander--Right is Right Wrong is Wrong--.
Sorry---it was HUSKY NAN who nailed it. My goof.

Reaction Score

You Nailed IT as I previously associated your comment with Old Alum---We men don't always think with our brains as applied to our interactions with women .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom