John A.: Doug Bruno talks about Uconn and the freshmen | The Boneyard

John A.: Doug Bruno talks about Uconn and the freshmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“But this is a special freshman class. I think it has a couple Hall of Famers in it. I’m just telling it like it is. Look, for UConn, last year may have been considered a bit of a down year [33-5, Big East Tournament title, national semifinals]. But those kids all got great experience.

“Now Geno is understanding what we’ve all known in Chicago, that Morgan Tuck is really, really special. This is a player that I feel is a combination of Nykesha Sales and Jamelle Elliott. She is a throwback, a really, really good basketball player.”

LINK

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Soooo....... I guess he thinks we're gonna be "OK" this year....?

:D

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I like Doug Bruno.... “Listen, to me Kelly Faris [who did not make the Big East’s preseason team] is one of the top five players in the league. I vote her that way every chance I get. That [player] is a professional. And she gets no recognition and she is really good. … Stefanie Dolson is a pro. Bria Hartley is one of the Top 10 players in America. And Mosqueda-Lewis is really good, too."

Reaction Score
Love that man! He's damn right about us Chicagoan's knowing Morgan has been special for quite some time. Can't wait to see every game she and all our other Huskies play this season!

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Agreed Dawson. I too have been steadfast in riding the Morgan Tuck train. I highly doubt she takes Faris' spot this year, but there is no doubt in my mind she is in the starting rotation next year.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Doug talks like Geno. Compliments are meaningless unless preceded by at least two "reallys."

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maybe his wine collection is running a little low and he's just angling for a case of good Italian red from GA.

Reaction Score
Doug Bruno is a class act and a future USA Head Coach. We know that Geno voted for Notre Dame to win the Big East Conferrence since he couldn't vote for his own team, but I still would love to know who the two other coaches were that also voted for Notre Dame.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I also think it is great that the BE as it crumbles around us, still has the continuity of Doug and the comb over merchant from PA and Geno. The three of them plus the soon departing ND lady are all class acts, with long tenure. And the BE has had a number of other really good coaches.

Reaction Score
DAWSON AND BRUIN: my take on her from some clips and All Star games and press, is that she is terrific. Even like alot the way she handles an interview. But sounds like you guys have alot more exposure to her than I have. If you see this note, would you give us your detailed thoughts on her pros and cons etc??? Thanks.

VAMIKE - just about everything you post tickles my funny bone (including your use of that "dastardly guy" icon , if that's the proper term, though I don't think it is) or impresses me with the points expressed. Thought your post on this thread was wnderful. A tip o' the cap. We're off the RI early this afternoon for a looong weekend of TV college football, Patriots, "Jack, " and good food with an old college pal and his wife. Hope you guys all have good ones in store. Stay well.

Reaction Score
PS Hey, what the heck is "off" with my Doty-Faris replacement thread????? Jeeez, i thought that was a pretty interesting topic....and takes on even more significance, I THINK, with the thread on the big Orange recruiting weekend?? Am very interested in opinions from ANYone on that, although Irealize in the post I specified those who might have more direct exposure to Ekmark and Chong. Heck, most of what we do here is conjecture, eh?

Reaction Score
Hey Bruinball....
It is about time Kelly got her props eh !
I have been singing her praises for years. That is why I keep harping about her starting every game she is healthy. She is just too fundamentally sound, and too much of a leader to sit.

I like what Coach Bruno said about Tuck being a throwback ! You see, this is the type of recruit that Geno covets, and gets, and it is the things like this that make this program special.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
VAMIKE - just about everything you post tickles my funny bone (including your use of that "dastardly guy" icon , if that's the proper term, though I don't think it is).

Snidely sez: "It's gonna be a very special season with this group...!! Hehehehehehehhehehehehhehheheh..."

Snidely.jpg

And have a good weekend :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can see the Jamelle comparison. Nykesha was an explosive player, so all I can say is, "Wow!"

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
PS Hey, what the heck is "off" with my Doty-Faris replacement thread????? Jeeez, i thought that was a pretty interesting topic....and takes on even more significance, I THINK, with the thread on the big Orange recruiting weekend?? Am very interested in opinions from ANYone on that, although Irealize in the post I specified those who might have more direct exposure to Ekmark and Chong. Heck, most of what we do here is conjecture, eh?

Win - perhaps many of us, like myself, are not in a big hurry to think about losing CD and Kelly just yet. Understand your interest, but it will be a sad day and a big loss when those two hang up their UConn sneakers.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I hope that someday soon Doug Bruno is the Women's Olympic team coach! He will be awesome. And he deservesit.

Reaction Score
Win - perhaps many of us, like myself, are not in a big hurry to think about losing CD and Kelly just yet. Understand your interest, but it will be a sad day and a big loss when those two hang up their UConn sneakers.

CHICAGO: Could not agree with you more. There is no player I could respect any more than Kelly (several as much as, but none any more than.....kind of like a DiMaggio/Williams thing). And Doty, the same. What a peach and what a player, and what a tough, tough set of circumstances to overcome.

Thank you for understanding my interest in looking ahead, though. I'm looking ahead EXACTLY because I think their graduation will create such a huge rent in the fabric of "Our Girls." No intention to signal a hurry to move them on, which I'm sure you also understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom