John A Article About Kelly Faris's Nostalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I haven't seen anyone mention this article in today's Courant:

http://touch.courant.com/#section/2254/article/p2p-82656214/

(Parenthetically, links to specific Courant articles have not been working too well for me lately -- I always get redirected to their home page, and sometimes I can't even find the article that I was interested in.)

Anyway, in the article, it mentions how glad Geno and Kelly were to see each other at last Sunday's game in Cincinnati, and how much she misses her experience at UConn. Playing for professional teams isn't the same, she said, because of the amount of roster turnover -- whereas at UConn she always knew where her teammates would be, and they knew where she would be. Her mother accompanied her to the game, and said something about how Kelly looked like she would just like to jump on the bus with the UConn team after the game.

One sentence sums up the article:

"Never one to be over-emotional, Faris' expression was tinged with nostalgia and sentiment."

I thought it was very much worth reading.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kelly's now aware of what so many of us know all to well!

Reaction Score

(Parenthetically, links to specific Courant articles have not been working too well for me lately -- I always get redirected to their home page, and sometimes I can't even find the article that I was interested in.)

Anyway, in the article, it mentions how glad Geno and Kelly were to see each other at last Sunday's game in Cincinnati, and how much she misses her experience at UConn. Playing for professional teams isn't the same, she said, because of the amount of roster turnover -- whereas at UConn she always knew where her teammates would be, and they knew where she would be. Her mother accompanied her to the game, and said something about how Kelly looked like she would just like to jump on the bus with the UConn team after the game.

"Never one to be over-emotional, Faris' expression was tinged with nostalgia and sentiment."

I know what you mean about the link. I searched for the article but was unable to locate it. I would love to read it.

Reaction Score
I know what you mean about the link. I searched for the article but was unable to locate it. I would love to read it.
You have to be a subscriber. When you go to the link, it makes you buy some kind of subscription in order to read it. I'm gonna try google. Sometimes you can get around these things by searching.

Reaction Score
Kelly's now aware of what so many of us know all to well!

Yes, I have always felt bad when they leave. Playing for money now, not for fun, the love of the game or relationships. The WNBA is under appreciated. The only upside I see is the travel component if they play overseas. I would love to see Kelly back here in some capacity; maybe if Shea or Marissa got an unrefusable offer.

Reaction Score
Yes, I have always felt bad when they leave. Playing for money now, not for fun, the love of the game or relationships. The WNBA is under appreciated. The only upside I see is the travel component if they play overseas. I would love to see Kelly back here in some capacity; maybe if Shea or Marissa got an unrefusable offer.
Shea and Marissa aren't going anywhere any time soon. Kelly would be a great college level assistant though. She would be the one in the weight room yelling at the kids I bet!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Well Shea addressed that question in a segment on the postgame show last Wednesday. She said the offers of (presumably) head coaching positions do come, perhaps not with the frequency some would suspect, but she's bidding her time and will know intuitively when the right one comes along. But by the by it has to be really good because she is in a great spot right now.

Reaction Score
I've learn to Google the title of an article behind the paywall. Google's link usually works.

Reaction Score
Well Shea addressed that question in a segment on the postgame show last Wednesday. She said the offers of (presumably) head coaching positions do come, perhaps not with the frequency some would suspect, but she's bidding her time and will know intuitively when the right one comes along. But by the by it has to be really good because she is in a great spot right now.
That's what I was thinking. It will take a monumental offer to pull Shea away from UConn. Obviously when Geno retires all bets are off, but that's a decade away, right?

Reaction Score

Kelly: "You are so familiar with everything they are doing on the court, and for me, now that I'm out of it, I just want all of it back in my life. I want to be on the floor with those who know where I am going to be, and me knowing where they will be … Just being with them and the coaches again, and everyone else associated with the program, you miss all that."

In the gathering that took place in the back of the UC gym after the game, Kelly got warm hugs from each of the juniors and seniors on this year's team as they emerged from the locker-room. And they each hugged Kelly's dad and Kelly's mom also -- as did CD and the other assistants. And there were more hugs with Kelly twenty minutes later as team members left the gym to go to the bus. A heart-warming scene. Family.

Reaction Score
Another example of what a great program Geno and CD have built. They develop outstanding, loyal women. Another great example was the interview with Swin on the post game Gen Show. Swin is a beautiful, intelligent, articulate, and successful woman!

Reaction Score
You have to be a subscriber. When you go to the link, it makes you buy some kind of subscription in order to read it. I'm gonna try google. Sometimes you can get around these things by searching.
You have to input your email address and zip code to enroll. If you input a zip that is outside the Courant's subscription area, the subscription is free. For instance, Southwestern CT would be outside the area, but if your zip is Winsted, you'll be paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom