Joggers on the road | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joggers on the road

Reaction Score
TBH, since HCJM got here, I rarely look in the RVM, FB-wise. I was surprised to see PP, I thought he moved.
Think they are still in South Windsor. At least one daughter graduated from SW HS or ECHS I think. This is a great place to raise a family.

Reaction Score
I run 1600+ miles per year and I tell people I only go on the dreadmill when there are extremely bad road conditions (ice or unplowed snow). In the last 15 years, I would say less than 10 times total. Summer heat/humidity or winter cold is no problem for me outside.

However, a few weeks ago, I was on it for the first time this year with a brand new reason: Canadian wildfire smoke. I did not want to be running outside in those horrible air quality conditions.
Without a normal amount of oxygen, running is dangerous, not just unpleasant.

Reaction Score
I was a runner as a kid. Ran all over the country for cross country and ran road races all over the state. Litchfield was the one race I hated. It was always extremely hot because of it's 1pm start time and Gallows was awful. I don't miss running at all.

Congrats to you...completing that race and not walking part of Gallows is a hell of an accomplishment in my book, it certainly isn't easy.
On running I've always hated the heat. And I don't miss running either :D

Reaction Score
Without a normal amount of oxygen, running is dangerous, not just unpleasant.
So I guess running a marathon in Denver, Albuquerque, or Jackson Hole is bad for you.

IMG_8428.jpeg

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
So I guess running a marathon in Denver, Albuquerque, or Jackson Hole is bad for you.

View attachment 89346
Going for a run in Albuquerque is like training in a gravity chamber, it will kick your butt three times harder than you expect. It’s masochistic.

Reaction Score
I was a runner as a kid. Ran all over the country for cross country and ran road races all over the state. Litchfield was the one race I hated. It was always extremely hot because of it's 1pm start time and Gallows was awful. I don't miss running at all.

Congrats to you...completing that race and not walking part of Gallows is a hell of an accomplishment in my book, it certainly isn't easy.
How long is Gallows? In Bolton we have some awesome hills. From Bolton Center down to Route 6 (a mile) is the preferred interval run prepping for Mt. Washington. There are a couple pretty good ones on the 5 miler course too but not that long.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I almost ran over David Letterman with a pick-up truck full of sand when he was jogging in New Canaan back around 1982. I was hugging the curb around a curve and he was jogging toward me on my side of the road- he looked up with a surprised expression and ran off into the weeds, so I missed him and my one opportunity to be on his show.

Reaction Score
Coach P, .if he was about 5 years earlier would have been a good hire, maybe he would have hired GDL for a minor coaching job. I don't have any problem with the hire. Not as great as the Jim Mora hire!

Reaction Score
Had some success at Cuse. Was rooting for him as well as the other coaches. Legendary hard ass that doesn’t seem to work well anymore.

Reaction Score
I actually perform better at high altitude. It’s all about the lungs and it seems my body holds out better.
My guess is so do the hundreds of people in the start of the Marathon picture I posted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom