Joe Girard | The Boneyard

Joe Girard

Reaction Score
Now that he isn’t with Syracuse any more, is it o.k. to like him? A kid from Glens Fall, NY, making big shot after big shot with better athletes around him?

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Glad you pointed Joe Gerard out. He is one of the least heralded players ever. And among the best outside shooters. But Joe is still wearing orange.

Yes, athletically, he is short & has short arms - sometimes a defensive liability. But Gerard's shooting range & quickness in getting off his shot is unmatched in Div. I. And he is one smart point guard too. Great handle.

Joe Gerard toiled as Jim Boeheim's last point guard for four years after becoming New York State's then all time scoring leader in high school with over 3.500 points, mostly from beyond the arc.

Right now, I'm watching his last few career minutes of college hoops as Alabama closes out Clemson in a tight contest. He hit their season's last shot - a three naturally.

Who knows how many points Gerard would have scored had his role at both Syracuse & Clemson been as the primary scorer instead of running those offenses at point?

I wish Joe the best wherever he lands. Thanks for shining the light on Joe Gerard's great college hoops career.

Father Demo

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't play a bit of man to man defense
Like playing 4 v 5

Reaction Score
Did he ever come across as an unlikeable guy outside of Cuse? Seemed like a kid that just loves to hoop. I remember seeing a documentary on him when he was in HS at Glens Falls. I think Jimmer Fredette went there too. Outside of orange he didn’t seem bad.

Reaction Score
Did he ever come across as an unlikeable guy outside of Cuse? Seemed like a kid that just loves to hoop. I remember seeing a documentary on him when he was in HS at Glens Falls. I think Jimmer Fredette went there too. Outside of orange he didn’t seem bad.
yup....both from glens falls......and jimmer beat out Kemba for POY if I remember correctly, so I hate them both and dont spend any money in Glen Falls. :)

Reaction Score
Did he ever come across as an unlikeable guy outside of Cuse?
Nope but he has something he was born with that makes a lot of people hate you as a basketball player.

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

Glad you pointed Joe Gerard out. He is one of the least heralded players ever. And among the best outside shooters. But Joe is still wearing orange.

Yes, athletically, he is short & has short arms - sometimes a defensive liability. But Gerard's shooting range & quickness in getting off his shot is unmatched in Div. I. And he is one smart point guard too. Great handle.

Joe Gerard toiled as Jim Boeheim's last point guard for four years after becoming New York State's then all time scoring leader in high school with over 3.500 points, mostly from beyond the arc.

Right now, I'm watching his last few career minutes of college hoops as Alabama closes out Clemson in a tight contest. He hit their season's last shot - a three naturally.

Who knows how many points Gerard would have scored had his role at both Syracuse & Clemson been as the primary scorer instead of running those offenses at point?

I wish Joe the best wherever he lands. Thanks for shining the light on Joe Gerard's great college hoops career.

Father Demo
Who is Joe Gerard?

Reaction Score
Sorry I left off the "i". Very aged brain here. I've already lost a child to old age, so...

What was the question?

Father Demo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom