Jody Conrad on the Matchups | The Boneyard

Jody Conrad on the Matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
"On the bus ride over to the arena for practice on Sunday, former Texas coach Jody Conradwas trying to find a favorable matchup for the Longhorns against the Huskies. "I couldn't really come up with one, except I really believe that Tina Thompson could take Chris Dailey."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colle...ng-again-can-anyone-challenge-them-1.11624295
I really believe that Ms Conrad, a true legend, is seriously misled on the determination of Christine Dailey---Geno isn't the only tough guy on Uconn's team--the toughest may be CD!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I thought that was a really funny statement from Jody, followed up with two really good comparisons - people forget that TX completely dominated their league for 10 years - they still hold the longest conference win streak in D1 by a wide margin.
Question - is Jody coach emeritus or something at TX or is she just there supporting her former assistant?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I really believe that Ms Conrad, a true legend, is seriously misled on the determination of Christine Dailey---Geno isn't the only tough guy on Uconn's team--the toughest may be CD!!

Are we talking about as players or as coaches? Tina Thompson was on the Olympic team, and is younger to boot.

I like the fact that Conradt isn't even trying to spin a positive-matchup narrative.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tina has twenty years on Chris, and was a monster player just three years ago - Chris would definitely go down fighting, but she would go down! :)

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
CD is not in the Husky Hall of Honor for nuttin!!!! She is a fierce one...

Reaction Score
I like the fact that Conradt isn't even trying to spin a positive-matchup narrative.

She's smart enough to recognize that TX's best chance is surprise and UConn complacency. I don't see that happening, but you don't want to poke the bear. (er, Husky)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I thought that was a really funny statement from Jody, followed up with two really good comparisons - people forget that TX completely dominated their league for 10 years - they still hold the longest conference win streak in D1 by a wide margin.
Question - is Jody coach emeritus or something at TX or is she just there supporting her former assistant?

Speaking as a Southwest Conference alum from that era, I'll never forget when the Swoopes-led Texas Tech finally beat Texas in a game. Just the loss of a single conference game was a momentous occasion back then.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When Jody retired from coaching, she said she would be as close or as far as she was wanted. GG wanted distance. Now, Jody is a constant supportive presence. She has NO coaching role. Jody always knew how to let her employees (remember she was also the AD for women's sports for some years) do their jobs. Former athletes and Karen laugh at how "sweet" Jody can be now. They remember she was not always so. I am not sure what official job title Jody has. She is an ambassador for the school. She is featured in a funny longhorn network commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom