Jim Mora: Something feels different | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora: Something feels different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about using your influence to get UConn into the B1G? Not trying to give you a hard time, just desperately hoping that the league will, sooner than later, see what it's missing.

I keep beating this drum............the B1G doesn't win anything of note very often and eventually will lose TV eyeballs as frustration with poor outcomes grows.

Football titles? In the last 25 years there was Ohio State in 2002 and 2014 plus Michigan in 2024. That's it. Hype beyond belief every year has resulted in them winning 12% of the last 25 titles.

Men's basketball? UConn has won six titles in the last 25 years, including five since a B1G team (MSU) last won one.

Women's basketball? UConn has won ten titles in the last 25 years and the B1G? Zero.

Those are the three highest profile sports and B1G teams have won 4 of 75 potential titles in the last 25 years.

If the league truly wants to be recognized as great they need to win something besides an occasional football championship.:rolleyes:
I think Uconn deserves to be in the B1G10 based on both athletics and more importantly academics.
I miss the days when conferences like the B1G Ten actually had ten schools and the Big East was a powerhouse. Unfortunately -I know those days are never coming back. It will be the Big 25 and whatever other crazy conferences money can buy.
Between conference affiliation, NIL and media revenue- college sports has changed forever.... probably not for the better.

Reaction Score
Don't we need a partner? And wouldn't that be the same with the Big 12?
If we're talking about when the ACC breaks up, that could take a long time, if it even happens.

My guess is the ACC is anticipating what will happen with FSU and Company and they are putting together a package to backfill.

It would be malfeasance if they didn’t.

Reaction Score
My guess is the ACC is anticipating what will happen with FSU and Company and they are putting together a package to backfill.

Even the PAC12 had a plan to fill with SDSU. They just didn't expect everyone to leave. Same thing might happen here

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Anything more behind that than just informed speculation?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Mora’s most important job is recruiting and fundraising imo.
Is he showing his recruits that he's a committed coach who loves UConn by removing any mention of them in his social media profiles? Just wondering because if I were a recruit.....I might be a little worried that the guy I'm commiting to won't be here.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can it be that Mora may have health or personal issues ? Often time you find these things out down the road.
If it's reported he has health issues and taking leave, my guess is he's going full Spanos and will not be coming back this season or beyond.

Reaction Score
Is he showing his recruits that he's a committed coach who loves UConn by removing any mention of them in his social media profiles? Just wondering because if I were a recruit.....I might be a little worried that the guy I'm commiting to won't be here.

My guess is he’s doing it to see the boneyard explode. And no he’s nothing like the worthless coward Spanos

Reaction Score
Keep in mind I posted was nothing but speculation. Just trying to think of why mora would be quiet or lightly dissociate.

If he was going to leave he should just up and leave

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could well be wrong here but the possibility does exist that he's thinking it's better to remain quiet at the moment and focus on improving the team, then, if some positive results occur during the season, worry about social media at that point.

Reaction Score
How about using your influence to get UConn into the B1G? Not trying to give you a hard time, just desperately hoping that the league will, sooner than later, see what it's missing.

I keep beating this drum............the B1G doesn't win anything of note very often and eventually will lose TV eyeballs as frustration with poor outcomes grows.

Football titles? In the last 25 years there was Ohio State in 2002 and 2014 plus Michigan in 2024. That's it. Hype beyond belief every year has resulted in them winning 12% of the last 25 titles.

Men's basketball? UConn has won six titles in the last 25 years, including five since a B1G team (MSU) last won one.

Women's basketball? UConn has won ten titles in the last 25 years and the B1G? Zero.

Those are the three highest profile sports and B1G teams have won 4 of 75 potential titles in the last 25 years.

If the league truly wants to be recognized as great they need to win something besides an occasional football championship.:rolleyes:
We are not getting into the B1G. Full stop. That is the pipe dream of pipe dreams.

I’d love to be there, but that’s an absolute impossibility without first joining the Big 12 or ACC (among a list of other things).

Reaction Score
At this point the conference that really needs us is the B1G if for no other reason than it is incapable of winning a BB championship. Have not done so in 25 years with 8 teams a year.., we got 6. Then add the women. Would be the best add the B1G could ever make.

Reaction Score
We are not getting into the B1G. Full stop. That is the pipe dream of pipe dreams.

I’d love to be there, but that’s an absolute impossibility without first joining the Big 12 or ACC (among a list of other things).
We'll never get into the Big Ten or any other P# unless we support the FB program at the highest level possible. People sit up and take notice when you appreciably change your level of commitment. While you or I can do our best with NIL donations and going to games, The Governor, the President and the Board of Trustees are the ones who need to talk the talk and then walk the walk. Its a ten year commitment that may or may not pay off. If we have a 10 year lack of commitment, we know how that is going to turn out, possibly even sinking the Hoops programs.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I could well be wrong here but the possibility does exist that he's thinking it's better to remain quiet at the moment and focus on improving the team, then, if some positive results occur during the season, worry about social media at that point.
^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32