Jim Mora needs to get out of his comfort zone to succeed at UConn (UConnBlog) | The Boneyard

Jim Mora needs to get out of his comfort zone to succeed at UConn (UConnBlog)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I don't even understand this article at all.

The headline is that Mora needs to get out of his comfort zone. Then, the next 5 or 6 paragraphs talk about the fact that he's done EXACTLY that!

Whether it's gong to the transfer portal, going in a different direction than Spanos and Mazzone, hiring a coach that's highly connected in a region he's unfamiliar with (Marinelli), etc.

I really dislike a headline for controversy's sake. If the author is fearful of Mora being "checked out" as he states, well he has plenty of his own provided data to tell him the contrary...

Reaction Score
Ouch.

Lot of straw men in there.

Who is polarized and doesn’t like hire?

Who said he was a benefit of Nepotism?

Dude has 30 years plus as a football coach, coaches and nfl team ans a major college team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The past is...................................the past. The future lies ahead.

Reaction Score
Probably Mike DiMauro and Jeff Jacobs.
Jacobs and Mike are friends. And jacobs has killed it working high school for Gametime. His stuff is awesome and both are talented.

I know you guys may or may not love both of them, but I admire and respect them so much and enjoyed their company and work.

Do I agree with them? Not all the time. But that’s ok too. Good columnists. They create a discussion and at least make you think.

Reaction Score
Jacobs and Mike are friends. And jacobs has killed it working high school for Gametime. His stuff is awesome and both are talented.

I know you guys may or may not love both of them, but I admire and respect them so much and enjoyed their company and work.

Do I agree with them? Not all the time. But that’s ok too. Good columnists. They create a discussion and at least make you think.
that's certainly a take

Reaction Score

I thought DiMauro’s framing of the lawsuit “following” Mora was disingenuous. He was cleared and by definition it doesn’t follow him.

It’s fine to report what happened but at least present it in an honest way.

Reaction Score
Mike and Jeff are a confederation of mediocrity. The article is fake drama. Out of his comfort zone, WOW! Amazing.

The blog post was moronic. How about we wait until we start playing before he starts criticizing him.

Reaction Score
The blog post was moronic. How about we wait until we start playing before he starts criticizing him.

Actually, that works two ways, doesn’t it? I agree, there is nothing to criticize him for at this point. He is a top rate manager of a football organization, no question.

On the other hand, if one wants to be fair, we are listening to a constant string of posts praising him for tweets and press conferences. Does it hurt if a coach is good at all these soft skill? No, of course not. It can only help the program. But that’s at most 10%. Until he starts recruiting better and winning football games, it’s all just worthless drivel. Yes, I know that we’re all starved for hope after Edsall’s miserable failure — I am too — and yes, I know it’s offseason and we need things to talk about. But to jump on silly criticism while hearing how great it is as to who he follows on twitter == please.

Reaction Score
Strange article. Seems directionless (because Mora really hasn’t had any missteps yet that anyone can tell) and sensationalist at the same time.

Appears like the author just had nothing to say, but time to kill and and a desire to say something - so he word-vomited out this and hoped for clicks…. Oh well. There’s no bad press. At least he thought there was an audience for it.

Reaction Score
I've seen Coach Mora on about 20 different outlets giving interviews.

The UConn Blog isn't one of them (unless i missed it).

Maybe that explains the negativity.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure polarizing is the word I’d use to descibe the reaction to Mora. Unless “ wow, that was an incredible hire” and “ it seems like a really good hire but I’ll wait until his Team plays to make a final decision” are opposites. There is something to be said for the slipping record at UCLA but then again, in an earlier time coaches worked their way through a few tough stretches. Bear Bryant had a stretch in the late Sixties when he went 8-3, 6-5, 6-5-1. At today’s Alabama he’d probably be toast. Of course he went 11-1, 10-2 11-1 the next 3 years.

Reaction Score

I respect Jacobs. Dimauro acts like a teenager when he gets into these UConn vs BC fights.
Why he is going after a Joe McFadden tweet today about UConn being the basketball capital? Such odd behavior.

And he needs to stop carrying water for Edsall who was a complete crapshow this last run. It’s embarrassing.

We already knew he roots against the mens hoops program but you can be sure he wants Mora to fail as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They create a discussion and at least make you think.
Jeff at least it’s a talented columnist, but his biggest flaws are never retracting or apologizing for some historically bad hot takes and his tendency to make himself the story and then let that skew his objectivity. BCgenius seems to live and die with trolling the fan base which is lazy. JMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom