Jim Mora Expected to be Named HC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora Expected to be Named HC

Reaction Score
Hiring your new headcoach to be assistant coach when we don't have a headcoach is the opposite of opposite of strange
We could just agree to disagree, ya opinion would be in the minority though, I see nothing wrong with that structure, I like the idea

Reaction Score
Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting!!! Both players and coaches.

Bingo! Dave was trying to find someone that can recruit and Mora can do just that. Mora was the 49rs DC, HC of the Atlanta Falcons, Seattle Seahawks, UCLA Bruins.. he’s a big time hire, kids and high school coaches are familiar with his credentials. Let’s not forget his dad was also an NFL HC. Big names. Let’s bring in Mazzone and this will be an amazing hire!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We're really arguing over whether UConn made the right move with Mora as a designated assistant for the final 2.5 weeks of a meaningless season?

Never mind the employment/contractual boundaries there.
That's the best part. He gets acclimated with the kids and can convince the better players to stay.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This exceeded my expectations. A former UCLA and NFL head coach, who was decent at both stops, if not great. That's as big a name as we could get, somebody who clearly signals that UConn takes football seriously.

Reaction Score
Meh. Whiff of a retread out of CFB for a very long time. Has the advantage of potentially retaining Spanos. DB apparently valued continuity very highly. A very valid concern and we will have to trust DB on this one. Fix it but don't change it sort of mindset. Will keep an open mind. Not wildly enthused at this point but we will wait to see who is on the staff.

But I do hope that he is on the sideline against Clemson.

Reaction Score
I saw him turn around Ucla which was a SOFT program and Usc fans I can tell you were glad he got replaced with soft Chip Kelly. I remember one game he did vs Navy in 2019 and Uconn had 4 tries at the goal line and he almost cursed on ntl tv lmao. Funny how 2 years later he now is the hc of that same program.

Reaction Score
No east coast recruiting ties or experience so the assistants are going to be big for that. Out of college coaching for 4 seasons will not make some happy on this board.

Real interesting choice.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Not to be rude, but a guy known for running out of the endzone and is only a NFL analyst because ESPN doesn't have money for talent really shouldn't be shaping the future of the football program in any way.

Well, that was kinda rude Bro. That was one play in the NFL for an 0-16 Lions team, and he did have a great career at UConn. He is a good TV analyst too (although his voice can get annoying).

By the way, for those complaining about Mora's age, any young HC who has success here isn't sticking around long. Mora signed a 5-year deal. If he can get us back to respectability then it's worth it.

Nick Saban is 70 and I'd hire him in a heartbeat. Just sayin'.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah. Not to be rude, but a guy known for running out of the endzone and is only a NFL analyst because ESPN doesn't have money for talent really shouldn't be shaping the future of the football program in any way.

Agree he shouldn't. But he has more talent as an analyst than almost anybody ESPN has ever had. Dude earned that job by simply being really good at it on Twitter. So good the networks couldn't ignore it.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This board acts like he was Joe Montana. Meanwhile, he's telling his twitter followers to never be alone in a room with a female co-worker to avoid temptation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom