Jim Fuller's practice and interview videos from yesterday | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller's practice and interview videos from yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
What a great peek at the team. Stewart looks awesom. Banks hit a 3. Great pass from Dolson with Tuck finishing. And at the end, Dolson looked comfortable hitting a 3 pointer.

This is going to be an amazing team.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Good observations/quotes from the Horde's blogs:

Fuller

By my unofficial tally, the first 10 times they ran the offense against a team of male practice players the Huskies starting unit scored eight times. Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis had a pair of jumpers including a 3-pointer, freshmen Morgan Tuck and Breanna Stewart scored twice each, Stefanie Dolson hit a jumper just inside the 3-point line and Brianna Banks had a 3-pointer.

What caught my eye was the different lineups Auriemma was able to put out there and especially the size UConn had out on the court. At one point UConn had the 6-5 Dolson, 6-4 Stewart, 6-2 Tuck and 6-0 Mosqueda-Lewis out there together.

Altavilla has a number of Geno quotes:

“The confidence that many of the kids today have is fake. It’s all posturing. The minute something goes wrong they fall apart. Breanna [Stewart] and Morgan [Tuck] are confident, they know it and they play like it. The confidence is real. There is nothing fake about these guys. They know they are good, they’ve proven it, they play like it and nothing will shake it. … They may get knocked around, but there confidence will not waver.”

She’s [Breanna] played USA Basketball forever, and we could always see her against the best players. And she always played up [against older players]. She’s been one of the best players on the floor whenever she’s on the floor.”

Adamec (SNY)

“Brianna Banks has changed a lot and I’m really happy with how much she’s changed,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “She has taken on a different persona. She really has. And it shows on the court and off the court. She’s 180 degrees different than last year. I couldn’t be more happy with her progress up to this point.”

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Snidely.jpg

Reaction Score
Those male practice players couldn't guard a chair!! They played with the intensity of curing cement. They would make a high school team look good!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Those male practice players couldn't guard a chair!! They played with the intensity of curing cement. They would make a high school team look good!

Then maybe Sue Bird needs to get involved in the selection process for the male practice players while she's there rehabbing!

I've often read Sue's quote where she said the best player she ever faced in college was a male practice player named [_____] . Can't remember his name. Oh well.

Sue, get on it!!

Reaction Score
Man, are WE ready for this. The way even Geno is talking about 'em offensively. Even talking up Bre, Briana, and Morgan. Talking about their confidence. Do ya'll think we might possbly be an offensive juggernaut by mid-season ?
GO UCONN

Reaction Score
pap glad you were able to provide a direct link! I read it at 2AM this morning,and started a thread,but I admit I dont know how to do links:oops: lol I just learned how to text and copy and paste:rolleyes:
Ira

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So glad Bree Banks "grew" into herself this year (or at least it looks like that from CD's presason comments and Geno's comments above). This team is simply going to destry opponents, and probably will do so to several top 10 teams as well. Honestly, the team I'm most looking forward to wiping the floor with is ND. I hope we beat em by 30+

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
The video where Geno talks about the versatility of the team - I love this quote - "But Kelly, Kelly is one of a kind , ya know. I don't think there's another player like her in the Big East."

Geno- I agree, not that you care. ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
So glad Bree Banks "grew" into herself this year (or at least it looks like that from CD's presason comments and Geno's comments above). This team is simply going to destry opponents, and probably will do so to several top 10 teams as well. Honestly, the team I'm most looking forward to wiping the floor with is ND. I hope we beat em by 30+

I agree - Duke @ UCONN will be a game circled on the Blue Devils' calendar for sure, but IHMO even an improved and very talented Duke squad will get the smackdown this year at our place.

The only way we lose to anyone besides Baylor is if the team falls asleep and completely takes their eye off the ball, mentally, for 40 minutes. From Geno's comments thus far, I just don't see that happening. Last year's frosh have gained some needed maturity and this year's frosh are already girded for war. The upperclassmen are going to be taking no prisoners in leading this squad.

Mongol.warriors.75.jpg

Reaction Score
The video where Geno talks about the versatility of the team - I love this quote - "But Kelly, Kelly is one of a kind , ya know. I don't think there's another player like her in the Big East."

Geno- I agree, not that you care. ;)
bruinball I cannot get enough of hearing the praise and much deserved attention Kelly is receiving! She has been special since her FR Year! It has taken time for some to appreciate how very Special she is! I have loved this kid from the beginning! She is one of a kind,and loving that she has become the leader of this team!

I remember posts in earlier years questioning her starting and contributions! In fact last year,it was stated in posts she could not be a leader because she doesnt score enough;) She is a UCONN/Geno type kid!

Re Banks,so happy to cont to hear what we are hearng about Banks transformation! Waiting to hear more about Kiah!!
Ira

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow! Just wow!

And that was without All-American Bria Hartley and über recruit Moriah Jefferson.

They are scary good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32