Jim Fuller update on A'ja Wilson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller update on A'ja Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
How large are the crowds at USC? I have no idea, but some of you must.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Everything isnt about playing in front of big crowds. If it was.... then Iowa State would get more top tier recruits than they do. As much as I hate to say it.... I hear that Chapel Hill is a great place to go to school.... campus... weather... academics.... Its proximity to other desirable cities is something that Storrs and Knoxville cant compete with. I assume college kids still like to go out on the weekends.... shop... dining.... party... clubs.... perhaps going to see concerts and all of that. Knoxville and Storrs cant compare in that regards.

But anyway.... lemme go jump in the shower.... i feel rather icky right now :oops:

Not to be a quibbler but I think definitions of "desirable" cities and "proximity" are somewhat subjective. Storrs is 1.5 hours from Boston - I don't think that's too long of a drive for many. UConn's academics are much improved and the school is pretty highly rated among public universities - for most students, they can get a good quality education.

But you got us on the weather!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
One of these four teams will get Wilson. SC the program has been a lot better since Dawn became coach. Adding Wilson may put them as one of the Final Four contenders. Tennessee has one of the best front courts in the country. Adding Wilson could make them the team to beat. UConn will have Stewart back. Adding Wilson would certainly offset the loss of Dolson next year. UNC had a terrific class in this year. Adding Wilson would make the team even stronger. It may depend on coach Hatchell's health. I am interested to see how her visits go.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
One of these four teams will get Wilson. SC the program has been a lot better since Dawn became coach. Adding Wilson may put them as one of the Final Four contenders. Tennessee has one of the best front courts in the country. Adding Wilson could make them the team to beat. UConn will have Stewart back. Adding Wilson would certainly offset the loss of Dolson next year. UNC had a terrific class in this year. Adding Wilson would make the team even stronger. It may depend on coach Hatchell's health. I am interested to see how her visits go.

Wilson, Stewart AND Morgan too. Pretty formidable.

U

UCONNfan1

Wilson, Stewart AND Morgan too. Pretty formidable.
Not to mention that the guards/wings in the 2015 class that UCONN has is among the best in the nation. Phenomenal recruiting every year by UCONN.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has one of the best front courts in the country. Adding Wilson could make them the team to beat. UConn will have Stewart back. Adding Wilson would certainly offset the loss of Dolson next year.

Unfortunately, Tenn's coaching or lack there of will negate any perceived talent advantages the LV's may have. This is a proven fact the last five seasons...great talent...sub-par results. At present Tenn is at least 20 points away from UConn, although from a pure talent perspective, the margin may be closer to 10 points.

Reaction Score
Yeah being ranked #3 and 8-0, winning the SEC last year = just awful coaching. They should just fire Holly now. She's clearly failing in every regard.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Yeah being ranked #3 and 8-0, winning the SEC last year = just awful coaching. They should just fire Holly now. She's clearly failing in every regard.

If you're right, we'll see you in Nashville.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Tenn's coaching or lack there of will negate any perceived talent advantages the LV's may have. This is a proven fact the last five seasons...great talent...sub-par results. At present Tenn is at least 20 points away from UConn, although from a pure talent perspective, the margin may be closer to 10 points.
I think a part of that was the health of Pat. The last couple of years just wasn't the same. As for Holly she got the team to overachieve last year. Debbie Antonelli said in Texas game she thought Holly has done a great job taking over for Pat. Geno has done a great job at UConn.

Reaction Score

Once again, please name all the signature wins the LV's have had the last five season. And while your at it, please list any signature wins the SEC has had in recent seasons. I will go on record that as long as Holly is the HC, that the LV's will NOT win a NC..,I don't think she will make it past a fifth season.

Reaction Score
As for Holly she got the team to overachieve last year.

This is a fallacy that contrived by LV's fans. The reason you believe you "overachieved" last season is only because the LV's had majorly underperformed the past year or two and the pollsters overreacted to this and ranked you very low to begin the season. The fact is, overall, the SEC is watered down and winning it is not that big of an accomplishment. To prove my point, I again ask you to list any signature wins the SEC collectively has achieved the past several seasons. The fact is neither the LV's nor the SEC has beaten very few of the big girl programs in recent years.

Reaction Score
Kentucky has defeated Louisville the last two years; last years National Runner Up. Stanford was put out of the tournament by Georgia in the Elite 8. Stray Cat I would not bring up conference strength as a valid argument going forward because the SEC and the ACC are hands down going to be the strongest moving forward.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This is a fallacy that contrived by LV's fans. The reason you believe you "overachieved" last season is only because the LV's had majorly underperformed the past year or two and the pollsters overreacted to this and ranked you very low to begin the season. The fact is, overall, the SEC is watered down and winning it is not that big of an accomplishment. To prove my point, I again ask you to list any signature wins the SEC collectively has achieved the past several seasons. The fact is neither the LV's nor the SEC has beaten very few of the big girl programs in recent years.
That discussion should be for another topic. This one is about Wilson.

Reaction Score
Kentucky has defeated Louisville the last two years; last years National Runner Up. Stanford was put out of the tournament by Georgia in the Elite 8. Stray Cat I would not bring up conference strength as a valid argument going forward because the SEC and the ACC are hands down going to be the strongest moving forward.

Those are some good examples LadyVolFan...I will give you that. But the fact is Louisville defeated Tenn, but UConn destroyed L'Ville several times last year, as well as Stanford. So even though LV's may be rated #3, they are virtually light years away from competing with UConn. For starters, may be the LV's can come with in 10 points of ND this season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

What is it about the Vols and the "hands down" thing :rolleyes:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
are tickets still 22.00 for UConn games... I thought they were about $10-15.00 these days

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
He made the mistake of asking about the SEC. He should have stuck with signature wins for TN.

Reaction Score
What is it about the Vols and the "hands down" thing :rolleyes:
Triad, this may answer your question, surely after reading this definition of "hands down" you'll have to agree that it describes Tenn to a "T".
"Hands down" is a term meaning "easily" or "with little or no effort." It's used most often in the context of a competition or comparison. The term dates back to the mid-19th century and the genteel world of British horse racing. Back then, a jockey who found himself way ahead as he approached the finish line would relax his grip on the reins and drop his hands. Not as confrontational as a spiked football, but still a bit of gestural in-your-face-ness. By the late 19th century, the idiom had been extended to non-racing contexts, and it remains in frequent use today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom